or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1971

post #29551 of 54302
Also I noticed that Marvin is on a Nato strap...stirpot.gif
post #29552 of 54302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarm58 View Post


Yeah unless for personal use those are all passable

What? Use punctuation cuz I have no clue what your saying, are you saying that all those Talbotts are passable? cuz no, a few are ugly as fuck, but regardless of that, the main point your trying to make is fucking obvious and in no way being discussed....yea obviously that shit doesn't matter for personal use, just as it is obvious this circumstance is not for personal use. More notably, my post made this quite clear, and my post also was quite clear in regards to what I was talking about and where I was coming from, that is why I state clearly, "as far as resale is concerned." And proceed to solely talk about resale to someone who thrifts and resales. Read then comment,  

post #29553 of 54302
lurker[1].gif
post #29554 of 54302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post

What? Use punctuation cuz I have no clue what your saying, are you saying that all those Talbotts are passable? cuz no, a few are ugly as fuck, but regardless of that, the main point your trying to make is fucking obvious and in no way being discussed....yea obviously that shit doesn't matter for personal use, just as it is obvious this circumstance is not for personal use. More notably, my post made this quite clear, and my post also was quite clear in regards to what I was talking about and where I was coming from, that is why I state clearly, "as far as resale is concerned." And proceed to solely talk about resale to someone who thrifts and resales. Read then comment,  

Relax. I was agreeing with you 100%. I meant - in my opinion I would pass on those for the reasons you stated. Those BOC's are a dime a dozen.
post #29555 of 54302
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarm58 View Post

Relax. I was agreeing with you 100%. I meant - in my opinion I would pass on those for the reasons you stated. Those BOC's are a dime a dozen.

but at the right price, they do wellpeepwall[1].gifspam[1].gif
post #29556 of 54302
Continuing to strike out in menswear so ventured off the beaten path. A small part of me hates finding badass things like this; the urge to keep is strong that I may not be able to forgive meself, so I dub (Me) unforgiven:






eBay Verdict (Click to show)
post #29557 of 54302

@SpooPoker getting retail on a Talbott Studio tie.:worship:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

Paging nat and fueco.
Is this the good rei?

Synergy on that old Gore Tex tag.

Made in the good 'ol US of 'Murica

 

Plus some ties:

and some pringlecash

post #29558 of 54302
Quote:
Originally Posted by OolongT View Post

Continuing to strike out in menswear so ventured off the beaten path.

Nice! I sold a White Zombie concert tee from their first big tour, given to me at a show when my friend was the drummer - went for north of $200. I figured dude would never pay but checked his feedback and he'd bought a bunch of RG skeets and paid immediately. Go figure.
post #29559 of 54302

A few cool books for the shelves.

 

Norse, Coochie, Apolis, APC, Gucci

 

PS x Red Ear, made in Japan

 

 

Porsche Design

 

Scuderia

 

 

NWT Ludlow

 

 

Apolis 

 

NDG

 

NWT Incotex

 

NWT Unbranded jeans

 

Pop on this Colmar -- first time I've ever heard/seen the brand. I'm guessing this is their lifestyle line. Even has Certilogo verification!

 

 

Then this friggin' happened again.. BNIB. Paid up, but a wholeeee lot of meat on the bone.

post #29560 of 54302
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post


Nice! I sold a White Zombie concert tee from their first big tour, given to me at a show when my friend was the drummer - went for north of $200. I figured dude would never pay but checked his feedback and he'd bought a bunch of RG skeets and paid immediately. Go figure.

I got drunk and threw up at a White Zombie concert once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbandit View Post

Then this friggin' happened again.. BNIB. Paid up, but a wholeeee lot of meat on the bone.


Two pairs of Buscemi on this thread in the past few weeks is 2 more than I thought I would ever see.
post #29561 of 54302

Hickey Freeman tie with an interesting gray pinstripe background combo:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

post #29562 of 54302
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Two pairs of Buscemi on this thread in the past few weeks is 2 more than I thought I would ever see.

 

Would have been 3 if another pair wasn't missing those gold locks on the back :fu:

 

post #29563 of 54302
Not all of us live in big cities, unfortunately, and have to grind it out a little more. (I won't complain about making a $6 or 7 profit on $1.50-2.00 ties.) That said, picking up dated ties is a bad idea... unless they're really desirable, like some of the Vitaliano Pancaldi ties. (Those are in the same category with the Coogi "Biggie" sweaters, though.)
post #29564 of 54302
For all of you who are fans of robes ... Wool robes😜 (Available and fits a S to M)






post #29565 of 54302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

Not all of us live in big cities, unfortunately, and have to grind it out a little more. (I won't complain about making a $6 or 7 profit on $1.50-2.00 ties.) That said, picking up dated ties is a bad idea... unless they're really desirable, like some of the Vitaliano Pancaldi ties. (Those are in the same category with the Coogi "Biggie" sweaters, though.)

This is probably true for most the people on this site. Do what works for you! And if you like it, dont worry what others say..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)