or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1961

post #29401 of 51274
Im pretty sure thats breaking some kind of consumer law.and if i saw a hold sign for another customer with a rack of suits i would eat that sign in front of you with some mayo on it.
Also i think its illegal to email or call customers ,theres sepcific term for it im sure the lawyers will know what im thinking of.something with an S
post #29402 of 51274
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

Is this a LVC label? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Where were the Levi's made? 

Indonesia.
post #29403 of 51274
There's one store here that releases a ton of new merchandise twice a year at two big events. There's one other dude who knows his stuff who's always there in line, waiting to get in when it opens. I'm always forced to decide if I want to head to the "designer" section where prices are high but chances of finding grails is good, or to the "regular" section where prices are better and occasionally they let good stuff slip through. Either way I choose, I know he'll likely have cherry picked the other section before I get there.
post #29404 of 51274
post #29405 of 51274
And i know you still have no idea that what you are doing is wrong so let me explain it to you.
You are using your friwndships to gain an unfair and immoral advantage over others for your own gain.whats next,lower prices?
How about just pulling around the back and just making a little backroom deal.thats essentially what you got going on a backroom deal just in the fucking frontroom.the more i think about this the more it pisses me off.and you seem proud of it too.
post #29406 of 51274
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
 

 

...However I've managed to become friends with a couple of sales reps at a spot and they will put suits / ties aside on a rack and e-mail me.  Last time I came in she had a full rack with a hold sign on it.  Now I don't even look through the store I just take them off my hold rack and put back what I don't want.

 

Pretty sure she's probably breaking her company's work/ethics policies - around here, I've heard said employees say, they are not allowed to do that, as it's obviously unfair to the other customers.  That woman(en?), should be fired.

post #29407 of 51274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

There's one store here that releases a ton of new merchandise twice a year at two big events. There's one other dude who knows his stuff who's always there in line, waiting to get in when it opens. I'm always forced to decide if I want to head to the "designer" section where prices are high but chances of finding grails is good, or to the "regular" section where prices are better and occasionally they let good stuff slip through. Either way I choose, I know he'll likely have cherry picked the other section before I get there.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 95

post #29408 of 51274


@xlnxln dude donates it too. alpha as fuck lol.

post #29409 of 51274
Quote:
Originally Posted by impuntura View Post

You are using your friwndships to gain an unfair and immoral advantage over others for your own gain.whats next,lower prices?

 

Isn't that essentially what many people here do? Many operate a full business online but are willing to offer things they find to members on this forum first, often at a better price/deal?

post #29410 of 51274
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJ1100 View Post
 

 

Isn't that essentially what many people here do? Many operate a full business online but are willing to offer things they find to members on this forum first, often at a better price/deal?

 

 

It's very different if it's my company and I'm selling to friends at a discount.

post #29411 of 51274
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJ1100 View Post
 

 

Isn't that essentially what many people here do? Many operate a full business online but are willing to offer things they find to members on this forum first, often at a better price/deal?

 

Not sure this analogy would hold. You're free to do whatever you want with your personal property, but a corporation cannot operate on that principle.

 

Now we need @GMMcL to explain this better!

post #29412 of 51274
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJ1100 View Post

Isn't that essentially what many people here do? Many operate a full business online but are willing to offer things they find to members on this forum first, often at a better price/deal?

Lol.no.its completely different.
post #29413 of 51274
@Orgetorix,

Am I reading this right as a 1949-1962 label?

post #29414 of 51274
Nothing wrong with befriending the employees at the thrifts. If they try to show you stuff that they might think you like, then all the better.
There are different versions of this. Putting aside a whole rack of clothing to look through before everyone else is pretty nice, and as long as the employees are doing this without any outside incentive or compensation, they are just doing their job of selling clothes. However the good items will end up on the "botique" rack once management comes to the forefront and the fun will be over!
post #29415 of 51274
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJ1100 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 95

Not you...or, hasn't been you, yet. fight[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

@Orgetorix,

Am I reading this right as a 1949-1962 label?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Yes sir! What's it on? (Dibs smile.gif)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)