If anybody finds a panda suit send it to me.will keep in trunk for just such an occasion
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:57 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1958post #29357 of 479952/9/16 at 7:38pmStill a bit weak so took it easy last couple of days.but here is what we got so far...
Some vintage stuff.the Birks is like our Tiffanys.vintage mother or pearl set.i think thats my sixth burberry in three months.
Also some minty shearling gloves for myself for.4.99
Some shirts.the Graham is an old one but a good one called Rebel Blues
Some Zegnas love that swiss made one and a V2 tux jacket
Restpost #29358 of 479952/9/16 at 7:43pm
I'm polite to people who shop in thrift stores and are obviously shopping for themselves / their kids / what-have-you. I just check stuff right up to where they are, then move around and keep going. Sometimes they ask me what size I wear, then hold up something and say "Hey this is a [your size]! You like this?", which is thoughtful but usually not something I want for myself or to trade. But I always take it, look at it, make a nice comment and thank them...then put it back when they're not around. Have had a few times when it was something worth buying tho.
Fellow flippers, you can spot 'em, just like they can spot me. Some of them are pretty funny, a few are aggressive. It goes how it goes.post #29359 of 479952/9/16 at 8:30pmPeople with sneaker knowledge, can I get your opinion?
More inside, related to some Air Jordan IVs (Click to show)So, I found these sneakers awhile back and listed them over on that one site. There's a ton of watchers, but no buys. Today, a guy messages me and insists they're replicas. I did a lot of looking and they seem to be legit, but I'm definitely not an expert. Here are a couple photos. HMU if you need more.
Really appreciate any guidance. Thanks in advance.
Edited by mistermidwester - 2/9/16 at 8:42pmpost #29360 of 479952/9/16 at 8:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by mistermidwester
People with sneaker knowledge, can I get your opinion? More inside, related to some Air Jordan IVs (Click to show)So, I found these sneakers awhile back and listed them over on that one site. There's a ton of watchers, but no buys. Today, a guy messages me and insists they're replicas. I did a lot of looking and they seem to be legit, but I'm definitely not an expert. Here are a couple photos. HMU if you need more.
They're fakes. The rubber mesh isn't lined up correctly, the vertical parts of the rubber grid should be on a slant and lined up parrallel with the gray cement plastic piece that's also slanted. They also did a poor job with the rubber mesh in front, definitely not what the real ones look like up there, they're much cleaner. Oh and I've owned 3 pairs of these exact shoes (real ones) if you want to check credentials.post #29361 of 479952/9/16 at 8:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jompso
They're fakes. The rubber mesh isn't lined up correctly, the vertical parts of the rubber grid should be on a slant and lined up parrallel with the gray cement plastic piece that's also slanted. They also did a poor job with the rubber mesh in front, definitely not what the real ones look like up there, they're much cleaner. Oh and I've owned 3 pairs of these exact shoes (real ones) if you want to check credentials.
Bummer for me. Appreciate the knowledge, though. They're pretty well made fakes, and I've seen others (with the Made in Taiwan tag) tag online, so there must be a decent amount of them floating around.post #29362 of 479952/9/16 at 8:49pmQuote:
There's a fucking ton, this is one of the most heavily replicated Jordan models.post #29363 of 479952/9/16 at 9:32pmQuote:
Pretty bad fakes actually, @Jompso nailed this one. In case you were wondering, they're called Cement IVs. The dots are all wrong on them. There should be more/smaller dots - especially on the part with the lace holders. It's difficult with Jordans though because, while I love them, the newer retros are pretty shit quality tbh.
Here's an authentic pair to compare:post #29364 of 479952/9/16 at 9:38pm
I don't spend much time looking at the shoe itself. I go right to the inside tag and that usually shows it all. The tag looks a little off to me. The date under the barcode is low. I think it needs to be higher, basically touching the barcode.post #29365 of 479952/9/16 at 10:17pmQuote:
If you're going right for the inside tag and disregarding the obvious flaws in it's appearance, I'd recommend starting with the reference number.post #29366 of 479952/9/16 at 10:40pmpost #29367 of 479952/9/16 at 11:08pmpost #29368 of 479952/9/16 at 11:15pmQuote:We call those new shirts.
If 50% of them don't look like a windshield after a bird strike I chalk it up as a win.post #29369 of 479952/9/16 at 11:31pmpost #29370 of 479952/9/16 at 11:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by vexco
We have some short ladies here who attack the racks when they come out. I literally just reach over their heads to grab what I want. Helps being 6'5" but damn. Had a guy threaten to fight me over grabbing a retro-x patagonia off a new rack before he could reach his hand up. I even left him the TNF Denali right next to it as penance!
Its kind of weird that this is coming up today. I had a lady today, for the 1st time in 7 + years of doing this, try to grab something out of my hands. Her defense was that she has been coming to this store longer than I have.... so I basically told her to fuck off. Didnt sugar coat it either. I was raised the southern way of respecting your elders/women, but if no respect is given then I have no respect for you.
I am not sure how people can just grab something from out of your hands and think thats an ok move. lol
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 21 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 27 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 28 minutes ago
- › Momotaro 33 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 47 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 56 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Jacket-pants color combination 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...