or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1882

post #28216 of 50999

My thrifty nature is making looking for a place to live in Santa Monica/West LA extremely frustrating lol

post #28217 of 50999
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

English only at the tables, guys.
post #28218 of 50999
A few quick stops while running errands:

Underneath, an anonymous silk dress scarf. On top and both on final markdown at Marshall's: RLPL tie and Black Fleece belt
post #28219 of 50999
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

English only at the tables, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principle View Post

I'm planning on touring, and I don't really need 180 gram saddles. Depending on the size id be interested in another exchange, however. Let me know if you come across any modern waterproof Arkels.

Translation: while he appreciates the offer of a lightweight Blake-stitch shoe, his uses will be extended and rigorous, so he'd prefer something with a Norwegian welt. He would, however, be interested in something like LP StormSystem for his gear.
post #28220 of 50999



Thrift fit:
Coogi short sleeve lightweight sweater with matching drawstring long shorts: $6.
Self respect: $0
post #28221 of 50999
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CK View Post


Translation: while he appreciates the offer of a lightweight Blake-stitch shoe, his uses will be extended and rigorous, so he'd prefer something with a Norwegian welt. He would, however, be interested in something like LP StormSystem for his gear.

LOL

Oddly enough, I've used Fizik saddles for most of my long rides. I have an Antares VS now, and a regular Antares as a backup. I find it more comfortable than my office chair for sitting on for hours on end...
post #28222 of 50999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post


LOL

Oddly enough, I've used Fizik saddles for most of my long rides. I have an Antares VS now, and a regular Antares as a backup. I find it more comfortable than my office chair for sitting on for hours on end...

I don't understand how people's asses can handle it. I road from Pittsburgh to Washington DC and my butt was like a Shell Cordovan shoe after capnwes gets done with it. 

post #28223 of 50999
To anyone living near college campuses, buy Texas Instrument calculators 84 and up. They sell within minutes to hours 60-90 depending on th condition and model.
post #28224 of 50999
It's not about cushion, just fitting the form of your butt bones and gooch. Also, you just get used to it. Riding a bike isn't supposed to be like lounging on a temperprdic.
post #28225 of 50999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

LOL

Oddly enough, I've used Fizik saddles for most of my long rides. I have an Antares VS now, and a regular Antares as a backup. I find it more comfortable than my office chair for sitting on for hours on end...

I used to have a Carbonio SLR on my mountain bike and it was perfectly comfortable and surprisingly durable. The Brooks Swallow Ti I have on there now is more comfortable, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhz5001 View Post

I don't understand how people's asses can handle it. I road from Pittsburgh to Washington DC and my butt was like a Shell Cordovan shoe after capnwes gets done with it. 

Shiny and well-patinated from being rubbed vigorously with cream?
post #28226 of 50999
I think I just learned about a half canvass jacket in real life. For me, sometimes it's hard to feel the canvassing in some jackets. I can usually feel it, but some brands it's a little harder (at least for me) to feel it. On a few of my Oxxford suits, it's easy and obvious, but on some others that I KNOW it is supposed to be canvassed it can be a little harder.

But, I just learned how a half canvass jacket feels. I thrifted a Daniel Cremeiux Suit made by Jack Victor. It has LP and appears to be very well made. As I was getting ready to photograph it, I was straightening out the jacket on the mannequin and as my hand went past the top button, there is a very distinct change in the feeling.
This may not seem like anything big to most. But, I have had an epiphany. I think I can now easily feel the difference between canvassed and not because I can definitely tell where the canvass stops on this one.

I'm so excited now to actually know what the pinch test really feels like!

Sorry if I sound like a noob, this has just been of those things I wasn't sure I had a handle on. But now I do!
post #28227 of 50999
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBlatzed View Post




Thrift fit:
Coogi short sleeve lightweight sweater with matching drawstring long shorts: $6.
Self respect: $0

Are Coogi jeans anything? I saw a pair the other day...
post #28228 of 50999
Quote:
Originally Posted by richnet12 View Post

Those Loakes look like Elephant although that seems rather unlikely...

I think they are bison. I have a few pair of bison shoes and they have texture/grain. Beautiful shoes by the way @huffman
post #28229 of 50999
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CK View Post


I used to have a Carbonio SLR on my mountain bike and it was perfectly comfortable and surprisingly durable. The Brooks Swallow Ti I have on there now is more comfortable, though.
Shiny and well-patinated from being rubbed vigorously with cream?

Well.... when you put it that way...

post #28230 of 50999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spruce Moose View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBlatzed View Post




Thrift fit:
Coogi short sleeve lightweight sweater with matching drawstring long shorts: $6.
Self respect: $0

Are Coogi jeans anything? I saw a pair the other day...
Not really.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)