or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1880

post #28186 of 51252
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2ndhandman View Post

The thing that really threw me off is its not gold.
Yeah, I picked it up and put it back like 4 times. The buckle didn't feel great, but I don't no anything about the older stuff and the stamp looked halfway decent (I think it's the angle on it being off center). I figured for 39 cents what the hell. Thanks for looking out man!
post #28187 of 51252
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2ndhandman View Post

You try this crap in Texas they'll rip your arms off. Last time I was in Dallas thrifting. I walked up to a new rack pulled off three skeets and the store worker came up to me and said that I wasn't allowed to touch anything on the rack until she hangs it up to give everybody a fair chance so She made me put them back. So I was just fallowing her around the store being a shadow for 30 min picking up everything she was pissed. I've noticed some squatters at some of my stores more recently they just kick it in the furniture section all day and wait for things to come out and strike. There only after furniture and electronics luckily.
Haha that's like the weigh and pays here. You'll have dudes who are there 9am-9pm every single day. 90% of them buy scrap metal and paired shoes only. It's like the fucking twilight zone in there. Dudes are flat out fucking aggressive. I've had guys grab shit out of my hands.
post #28188 of 51252
Well hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj52racers View Post

Yeah, I picked it up and put it back like 4 times. The buckle didn't feel great, but I don't no anything about the older stuff and the stamp looked halfway decent (I think it's the angle on it being off center). I figured for 39 cents what the hell. Thanks for looking out man!
well hell at 39 cents throw that thing in the cart and roll the $@#! Out.
post #28189 of 51252
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2ndhandman View Post

Well hell
well hell at 39 cents throw that thing in the cart and roll the $@#! Out.
It wasn't until the fourth pickup that I realized it wasn't 39 dollars haha. She hand writes all the tags and does a horrific job doing so. Also, pretty sure she throws a dart at a board determining price. I picked up 3 Moncler pieces in one stop last year and they were 6 bucks each. Columbia jackets are 39-100 each. Weird place.
post #28190 of 51252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj52racers View Post


It wasn't until the fourth pickup that I realized it wasn't 39 dollars haha. She hand writes all the tags and does a horrific job doing so. Also, pretty sure she throws a dart at a board determining price. I picked up 3 Moncler pieces in one stop last year and they were 6 bucks each. Columbia jackets are 39-100 each. Weird place.

 

There's a SA here that marks up all Columbia and TNF stuff. Patagonia, Marmot, etc? Regular price and so much better.

post #28191 of 51252

A couple recent things. Might have already posted but I just wanted to test out my new lights. Sorry!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #28192 of 51252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Vader View Post
 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Camera guys, in the field. Thing?

 

Forget the camera. Dafaq you wearing?!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj52racers View Post


Haha that's like the weigh and pays here. You'll have dudes who are there 9am-9pm every single day. 90% of them buy scrap metal and paired shoes only. It's like the fucking twilight zone in there. Dudes are flat out fucking aggressive. I've had guys grab shit out of my hands.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuck nooooooooooooooooo! What's up with that?!

post #28193 of 51252
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Forget the camera. Dafaq you wearing?!

 

Some sort of Chewbacca-esque baller coat I presume?

post #28194 of 51252
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

 

Forget the camera. Dafaq you wearing?!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplelabel View Post
 

 

Some sort of Chewbacca-esque baller coat I presume?

The Northern leisure suit.

Badass Denim work coat with polyfur lining/cuffs/collar -some off the radar small Japanese brand. $10

Edwin 505 Selvedge - $6

T-shirt - Thriftmas from @Orgetorix

sweater -Thriftmas from Mrs Vader.

duck egg blue AF-1's - Thriftmas from @Orgetorix

post #28195 of 51252
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj52racers View Post

How am I looking auth wise here?
I've seen a decent amount of recent Chanel clothes and Accessories, but nothing vintage really so I'm not real sure on the protocol. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Been slacking like hell on photos too.. Some dope furniture in the thread though lately guys. nod[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by the2ndhandman View Post

well if it's vintage chanel the size would hug the right side closer to the center stamp on back. The stamp looks weird as the fonts not bold enough and the second line looks off center. There should be a small plaque on the back of the buckle. The belt keeper looks like tough Chinese leather not soft relaxed leather.

I disagree, Im sure that is real. Fake Chanels don't go through the trouble to indicate a season code, this belt has one, 02C. Thats Cruise 2002. Im sure if you go on style.com and look up that runway show, you'll either see the belt of a variant of it that spawned this one. That etching on the buckle looks too precise to be faked and the logos/leather looks right to me.
post #28196 of 51252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj52racers View Post

Haha that's like the weigh and pays here. You'll have dudes who are there 9am-9pm every single day. 90% of them buy scrap metal and paired shoes only. It's like the fucking twilight zone in there. Dudes are flat out fucking aggressive. I've had guys grab shit out of my hands.

12 hours? Have they heard of return on effort? I've put stuff back on the rack because I didn't want to wait in a 20 minute line.
post #28197 of 51252

Hi guys. Can you tell anything about these Loake? Vintage? Goodyear welted? I paid $15 for them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #28198 of 51252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Vader View Post
 

The Northern leisure suit.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Badass Denim work coat with polyfur lining/cuffs/collar -some off the radar small Japanese brand. $10

Edwin 505 Selvedge - $6

T-shirt - Thriftmas from @Orgetorix

sweater -Thriftmas from Mrs Vader.

duck egg blue AF-1's - Thriftmas from @Orgetorix

 

Wow...

 

That's nearly on Canadian Tux territory ;) The AF1's are sick too.

post #28199 of 51252
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

Shoutout to @Van Veen for riding along to some stores this morning. I love thrifting, but it's even better with company. 

 

He turned out to be good luck. This particular loop is not usually very fruitful, at least not in the frequency it was today.

 

Here is the quick and dirty. Better pics later.

 

 

Then last stop of the day I found this beat up "Made in England" copper/brass hunt horn. Its 50" long. I am probably keeping it, unless someone here needs it bad.  Just trying to figure out which door/window to hang it over.

 

 

 

 

post #28200 of 51252
Those Loakes look like Elephant although that seems rather unlikely...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)