Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:22 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1877post #28141 of 577421/29/16 at 3:16pmpost #28142 of 577421/29/16 at 3:20pmQuote:
I'm not so sure these don't still have a metal shank. I think Allen Edmonds might be promoting the slip-on loafer design for minimal hassle, not the lack of a shank. I'm wearing the Alden for BB version of this shoe now and used a magnet to test. The Alden's definitely have a metal shank.
EDIT: My mistake. According to this thread, A-E does not us a metal shank.
Edited by Edmonton - 1/29/16 at 3:35pmpost #28143 of 577421/29/16 at 3:24pmpost #28144 of 577421/29/16 at 3:37pmpost #28145 of 577421/29/16 at 3:40pm
Shoutout to @Van Veen for riding along to some stores this morning. I love thrifting, but it's even better with company.
He turned out to be good luck. This particular loop is not usually very fruitful, at least not in the frequency it was today.
Here is the quick and dirty. Better pics later.
Some Shells, and Whole Cuts
Some buttery lambskin, Some Row
The usual suspects.
Then last stop of the day I found this beat up "Made in England" copper/brass hunt horn. Its 50" long. I am probably keeping it, unless someone here needs it bad. Just trying to figure out which door/window to hang it over.post #28146 of 577421/29/16 at 3:45pmpost #28147 of 577421/29/16 at 3:48pmpost #28148 of 577421/29/16 at 3:57pmUgh that feeling when a Attolini for LB cashmere blend jacket fits spot on except monkey arms but you don't wear blazers anymore...
Had a mini thriftening.
Isaia sport coat
Brioni sport coat
LP cashmere sweater
A couple shirts
I know... I know... Pics coming. Waiting for my car maintenance to be done.post #28149 of 577421/29/16 at 4:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by capnwes
Shoutout to @Van Veen
for riding along to some stores this morning. I love thrifting, but it's even better with company.
He turned out to be good luck. This particular loop is not usually very fruitful, at least not in the frequency it was today. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Here is the quick and dirty. Better pics later.
Some Shells, and Whole Cuts
Some buttery lambskin, Some Row
The usual suspects.
Then last stop of the day I found this beat up "Made in England" copper/brass hunt horn. Its 50" long. I am probably keeping it, unless someone here needs it bad. Just trying to figure out which door/window to hang it over.
"Riding along" is an apt description of my participation today. It was great to pick up a few tips from a thrift-master, and I will expect to see that hunting horn next time when we hit up the Waffle House.post #28150 of 577421/29/16 at 4:35pmQuote:
For real, if Chet passes I'd try and come up with a trade for that. You always have sick finds but the about older Helmut you've found is commendable @aging in rhythmpost #28151 of 577421/29/16 at 4:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor
That is incredible! Amazing repurpose of HT!
Another fascinating thing about this picture is how completely different @TheNeedMachine
looks from what I pictured. Its funny on an online forum how you get a mental picture of someone and the reality is either almost completely accurate or completely wrong.
Here is a picture of my wife and me at our wedding about 18 months ago. I don't know whether this fits into anyone's mental image or not. It was super freaking hot that day and that seersucker suits looks wrinkled and the pants weren't really that long. I think it was just my posture.
Its also a semi Thrift fit pic for both of us.
MTM Seersucker suit (gift from Dad)
Thrifted BB Shirt
Thrifted BB Pindot Tie
White Bucks Thrifted by AAAC member and purchased by me at BIG discount
Sky Blue Pantherella Sky Blue Socks E-thrift
Even my vintage ring was an E-thrift at a HUGE discount versus new or to have a vintage ring reproduced.
Here's a little better view of the seersucker that I think I posted before. But, what the heck it is just context:
Looking great in that fit picQuote:
Karmic retributionpost #28152 of 577421/29/16 at 5:39pmpost #28153 of 577421/29/16 at 5:48pmpost #28154 of 577421/29/16 at 6:32pmA few finds today:
I left this shirt cuz too big and hideous.
Nudie jeans casual sweat top.
Some Zanellas in a fun pattern. Unfortunately they are a little big
NWT casual belt
NWT APC from Barney's. I didn't even know we had a Barneys in Toronto
Canali cashmere blend cardigan. Main tag is missing but sweeeet lol 5$
A giant 6 foot by 1 foot piece of cashmere. Unfortunately no tags anywhere but why not for $3
Can I get an auth check on this Burberry?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #28155 of 577421/29/16 at 6:32pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 55 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 57 seconds ago
- › All Styles Considered: An Arts Magazine from StyleForum Users 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 5 minutes ago
- › Flawless Recent Gieves & Hawkes Peak Lapel Sportcoat EU54R US44R POW 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...