Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 2:32 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1844post #27646 of 512591/24/16 at 3:37pmpost #27647 of 512591/24/16 at 3:38pmThread Starterpost #27648 of 512591/24/16 at 3:39pmpost #27649 of 512591/24/16 at 3:39pmpost #27650 of 512591/24/16 at 3:42pmpost #27651 of 512591/24/16 at 3:47pmpost #27652 of 512591/24/16 at 3:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Koala-T
@Nataku, what am I looking at?
I'm not Nataku but , I'll chime in. That's a reel to reel tape recorder. Probably just one used for voice. Built in speakers are generally a sign of lower-end audio equipment. Good quality reel to reel decks are worth grabbing though!post #27653 of 512591/24/16 at 4:07pmQuote:Quote:
...that's when I assume the original owner took the item to the dry cleaners to get a stain removed, it didn't come out, so got donated. I check stuff with cleaners tags even closer than usual.post #27654 of 512591/24/16 at 4:14pmQuote:
Sorry double-tap: concur. Likely an institutional model - school, office or govt. The one like in Pulp Fiction is what you want.post #27655 of 512591/24/16 at 5:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Koala-T
@Nataku, what am I looking at?
I'll echo what others said. Nothing worth buying. Late 50's-early 60's. Probably institutional from the simplicity and tank-like build quality. These basic home or institutional models (suit-case body, built in speakers, etc) aren't worth buying.
The ones you want have lots of gauges, buttons/switches and dials and most likely (but not in all cases) a brushed silver metal front. See images below. They most likely will not have any reels on them if you find them at a thrift.post #27656 of 512591/24/16 at 5:10pmpost #27657 of 512591/24/16 at 5:12pmpost #27658 of 512591/24/16 at 5:15pmpost #27659 of 512591/24/16 at 5:21pmpost #27660 of 512591/24/16 at 5:56pm
Yes please!! That's a beaut.Quote:
^^ Would be cool to see.
Slow start for me - building a new secondary system, g**damn IKEA shelving won't hold too many LP's but ... again ... a start. Need that Marantz, and decide on speakers. The Epicure set I found recently would just be too massive I think.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 22 seconds ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL!!!! Foreigners Tell Others How To Run Their Country Thread 4 minutes ago
- › JAN-JAN VAN ESSCHE 4 minutes ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 9 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...