Way to go, @Thrift Vader !!!! Whatchu doin now?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 2:28 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1840post #27586 of 542931/23/16 at 10:53pmpost #27587 of 542931/23/16 at 11:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Koala-T
Way to go, @Thrift Vader !!!! Whatchu doin now?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Well, some of you know me as the biggest Wrench on SF. And the adventure continues.
I have been hired by one of this City's Largest, and oldest Collision repair and car paint shops. to specialize in the hard jobs.
Because while they get many Japanese applicants, i got in. and am now perhaps the only Gaijin ever to be employed in Japan as both a Mechanic, and a car painter. which is something i take pride in.
I parked my whip outside his office window (Thrifted) , wore a thrift fit, (Denim striped s/c,Lawless Denims,-thanks Barrel, Timberlands, RLPL sotf blue shirt,Burberry tie matched my car color).
He looks at me, looks at my car, looks at my CV,looks at my Tig Welding Samples, and asks "so you are a mechanic?" - yes. "you want to paint" - yup.
give me time to talk to the wife. next day i had a job.
here are some pics of what i have been up to the last 3 weeks.
This Fender was from a front end smash. looks ok now.
rear end smash, i did the Bumper, and prepped the rear quarter.
Holy Mother of Bondo....... this one is still ongoing.
so thanks guys, being a part of this group got me into the last job, which led the way for this one. it all started here.
And for the guys in the DIY Thread? Stay Tuned, big things are coming, my car has been pencilled in on shop time.....
Edited by Thrift Vader - 1/24/16 at 3:17ampost #27588 of 542931/24/16 at 12:10amQuote:Originally Posted by HansderHund
A big thanks to @dappercanadian for my thrift exchange gift! He sent it in December and the post was a bit slow to get it to me. Either way, it is an awesome package full of incredibly useful things. Check out that RLPL!
A big THANK YOU to everyone that donated and participated in the exchange this year. I hope to see you all on the list for the next round!
Thanks again for organising this, it was great fun to give, receive or just to watch. I'm aware that that's also what she said.post #27589 of 542931/24/16 at 12:37ampost #27590 of 542931/24/16 at 5:36ampost #27591 of 542931/24/16 at 5:42amQuote:I have sold shell shoes with worse cracks than that. Just make sure to take good pictures and fully disclose any and all imperfections in your listing.post #27592 of 542931/24/16 at 5:49amQuote:
I've sold much much worse shell.post #27593 of 542931/24/16 at 5:55ampost #27594 of 542931/24/16 at 6:24ampost #27595 of 542931/24/16 at 6:34ampost #27596 of 542931/24/16 at 6:44amQuote:
The northern English dialect word is 'cop'. It means 'get hold of', 'take', 'catch' (hence the more recent derivarion 'copper', "catcher"). Probably from Latin 'capere', but no one knows for sure.post #27597 of 542931/24/16 at 6:53amQuote:
Also it's quite common in the UK to hear the phrase "Cop a feel of this" or "Cop a look at her over there". Definitely regional dialect.post #27598 of 542931/24/16 at 7:15amQuote:Originally Posted by drlivingston
Wrong forum flippy talk (Click to show)I have sold shell shoes with worse cracks than that. Just make sure to take good pictures and fully disclose any and all imperfections in your listing.
I may be one of the few but I am generally okay with clothing and shoes that have relatively small or at least generally unnoticeable issues. Of course I won't want something that makes it soon to be unwearable or is obvious the minute you see me but otherwise. Of course I expect to get these for quite a bit less than perfect condition items but if I know the item was made to a very high quality standard ( ie. Brioni or C&J.) I will take a chance. As said above however, I want all issues very clear going in so I can make the right decision (of course I also know this limits bidding.)post #27599 of 542931/24/16 at 7:19ampost #27600 of 542931/24/16 at 7:28amQuote:
As others said, just disclose it. If they are 11 or 11.5, PM me.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 38 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 53 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › 9.5N Belgian Shoes Mr Casual Black Calfskin Opera Pumps 3 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 5 minutes ago
- › 9UK C&J Brown Cordovan Harvard Loafers 6 minutes ago
- › EXTREMELY ADVANCED: official oversized/next level clothing thread 6 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...