Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:03 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1834post #27496 of 602331/23/16 at 9:20ampost #27497 of 602331/23/16 at 9:42ampost #27498 of 602331/23/16 at 9:57amThis is totally unrelated to thrift but I was doing the dishes and managed to smash a ( thrifted, hey here's the angle!) plate and sliced my wrist, very close to what Would have been... Extremely bloody.. So.. Now I'm going to a party looking with a huge bandage around my wrist, I'm gonna party suicidal style!post #27499 of 602331/23/16 at 10:08ampost #27500 of 602331/23/16 at 10:17ampost #27501 of 602331/23/16 at 10:17ampost #27502 of 602331/23/16 at 10:21am
Some awesome finds guys. Nice work!
Now for an unfinished thrift fit...I got this Double Breasted Zegna Suit on eBay (for a very fair price). It's a Su Misura MTM in the most exquisite 15 milmil fabric, and is basically in perfect condition. Tag indicates it was made in 1999, but apart from being ventless (!) it's all relatively classic in style. High armholes, very soft shoulders, wide lapels...it's really really nice.
However, it needed altering pretty much everywhere, so it looks pretty stupid and dumpy in the photo here (particularly the flood pants). When it was pinned and lengthened in the right places at the tailors it looked spot on though. Looking forward to picking it up next week...
Edited by MeachamLake - 1/23/16 at 10:50ampost #27503 of 602331/23/16 at 10:24ampost #27504 of 602331/23/16 at 10:31ampost #27505 of 602331/23/16 at 10:33amQuote:
That flap is a gun flap.Not totally sure of the real history of it but it, certainly is a feature from WW1.
In more practical usage, it's meant to stop water from seeping in when the coat is fully buttoned (with the lapels folded over on a DB trench). However, since yours is a single breasted coat it's useless and is for decoration only.post #27506 of 602331/23/16 at 10:38amThread Starterpost #27507 of 602331/23/16 at 10:47ampost #27508 of 602331/23/16 at 10:47amQuote:
This was actually the first one and I was all like "sweet perfect for anonymously posting on the interwebs thanks bro"post #27509 of 602331/23/16 at 10:54ampost #27510 of 602331/23/16 at 10:55am
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 1 second ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 6 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...