or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1823

post #27331 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post


One of my biggest selling regrets. Had a indigo dyed Umii 908 denim jacket that I got for $8 from one of Target's designer sample dumps. Fit me perfect. For some stupid reason, I sold it. I can't even remember what I got it for it (this was a number of years back), but I remember being disappointed with the end number. I think it was like $80. ffffuuuu.gif

What's that?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cloud:

That shit might have been natural indigo, too. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplelabel View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



So boss. I'd rock the shit out of it if was mensit fits me.

 

FTFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmonton View Post
 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:Originally Posted by Edmonton View Post

John W. Nordstrom SCs. 100% Cashmere by Loro Piana.  Made in Canada by whom?

Trifecta (Click to show)

 

 

 

Yes, John W. Nordstrom line.

 

Hmmm.  Never thought to read the RN/CA numbers as I expected them to indicate Nordstrom.  Noob mistake at 3 a.m.

 

Zooming in on my original but still grainy photo (SCs are at home), the blue one is indeed Jack Victor (RN58565) but despite nearly identical tag format, the camel one seems to indicate someone else.  CA00025 Vermont Clothing, Montreal or CA00026 S.F.I. Apparel, SAINT-LÉONARD, QC?  I can't make out the black one but it's probably JV again.  I'll check again when I get home but I'd say it's safe to assume all were manufactured by Jack Victor.

Thanks @barrelntrigger!  :cheers:How'd you figure that? History with JWN line or by tag recognition?  And C-S stands for Court-Short (Court being French translation of short).

 

That tag looked similar to my made in Canada for Barney's so I figured they prolly made for Nordy, too. Not too much resell value but decent for self wear. 

post #27332 of 51165
Peeps,

Thrifted a NWoT BB LP 1818 Madison navy blazer, not an orphan. It has blue plastic buttons.

I have a set of gold tone BB buttons, would you have them out on to increase value? All of the auctions have gold tone buttons.
post #27333 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmonton View Post
 

Quote:Originally Posted by Edmonton View Post

John W. Nordstrom SCs. 100% Cashmere by Loro Piana.  Made in Canada by whom?

Trifecta (Click to show)

 

 

 

Yes, John W. Nordstrom line.

 

Hmmm.  Never thought to read the RN/CA numbers as I expected them to indicate Nordstrom.  Noob mistake at 3 a.m.

 

Zooming in on my original but still grainy photo (SCs are at home), the blue one is indeed Jack Victor (RN58565) but despite nearly identical tag format, the camel one seems to indicate someone else.  CA00025 Vermont Clothing, Montreal or CA00026 S.F.I. Apparel, SAINT-LÉONARD, QC?  I can't make out the black one but it's probably JV again.  I'll check again when I get home but I'd say it's safe to assume all were manufactured by Jack Victor.

Thanks @barrelntrigger!  :cheers:How'd you figure that? History with JWN line or by tag recognition?  And C-S stands for Court-Short (Court being French translation of short).


look like peerless labels to me.

post #27334 of 51165

Some more from last Friday.

 

PRL USA 3 Piece Birdseye

 

 

 

 

Yeah, so what......

 

 

 

 

Sure, why not....

 

 

 

Thick thick barleycorn tweed. I know there had to be a vest for this at some point.

 

 

 

 

Mega Glen Tweed

 

 

 

 

 

PRL USA Triple Patch Tweed

 

 

 

 

 

BB Wolinesilk

 

 

 

NWT Cremieux LP fabric

 

 

 

 

PRL Cornholeo 

 

 

 

 

 

Actual Cornholeo

 

 

 

 

 

BB Cash

 

 

 

 

 

 

BB Cord

 

 

 

 

BB Lardini

 

 

 

 

Canali

 

 

 

post #27335 of 51165
That 3-piece denim suit is possibly the ultimate "Canadian tuxedo."
post #27336 of 51165
Is Patagonia made in China junk? I found a jacket from F01 sty83261 in really good shape
post #27337 of 51165
Is the new cheapies thread up yet. I may have an early entry......

peepwall[1].gif
post #27338 of 51165

Got a new pickup truck, heading to @SpooPoker's to fill it with swag, hope you de-iced the driveway mango.

post #27339 of 51165
I don't know anything about sports memorabilia but I did pick up the San Jose Sharks Jersey. It looks like the entire team signed it. Anyone knows if this is valuable? I didn't find a similar item like this on google.
post #27340 of 51165

keyword "team signed nhl":

 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=team%20signed%20hockey%20jersey&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

 

i'd try to figure out the year, the sharks had a pretty good run as a playoff team but always fizzled :confused:

post #27341 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

I don't know anything about sports memorabilia but I did pick up the San Jose Sharks Jersey. It looks like the entire team signed it. Anyone knows if this is valuable? I didn't find a similar item like this on google.
7 is Brad Stuart and 22 is Scott hannan. The Hannan signature puts it between 01-07. Match up the rest and you'll have what years team it is.

Patrick Marleau and Joe Thornton were the best players on the team those years, hopefully they're on there as well.
post #27342 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

I don't know anything about sports memorabilia but I did pick up the San Jose Sharks Jersey. It looks like the entire team signed it. Anyone knows if this is valuable? I didn't find a similar item like this on google.

These things are actually not that uncommon. Most NHL teams have a day where charities can take stuff in and all the players will sign it for free (from the looks of this jersey, that's what this is) . I usually get at least 2 Canucks jerseys done up like this every year for a silent auction event we have. If you have 'good' players on there and it is an official team jersey (i.e., the same as the real team-worn ones) they're generally worth more.
post #27343 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post
 

Got a new pickup truck, heading to @SpooPoker's to fill it with swag, hope you de-iced the driveway mango.

  

 

Damn bro...

  

 

post #27344 of 51165
VERY OVERDUE post, but I just want to give a shoutout to @drlivingston for the xmas exchange haul. I was out of town for about a month and finally have had a chance to get pics of everything he sent. Very generous dude. I can't believe how much awesome stuff he sent.

NWT Cucinelli Cargo Pants
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Filson Mackinaw Vest
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Filson hat


Hermes fish tie
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Seiko automatic watch
post #27345 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by aging in rhythm View Post

VERY OVERDUE post, but I just want to give a shoutout to @drlivingston for the xmas exchange haul. I was out of town for about a month and finally have had a chance to get pics of everything he sent. Very generous dude. I can't believe how much awesome stuff he sent.

NWT Cucinelli Cargo Pants...Seiko automatic watch
...

 

Sweet Seiko.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)