Favorite vintage sunglasses are for sure Versace but the pair of ray bans your rockin up there are definitely in my top 5. You thrift those?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:29 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1807post #27092 of 601771/19/16 at 3:09pmpost #27093 of 601771/19/16 at 3:45pm
Hit up a couple local antique shops today for my birthday.
Not thrifted, but still good deals I think.
Found a pair of boots (pics later) and this walking stick/cane.
Black, Starr and Frost Jewelers
FHB 22 East 65th Street
Was not difficult to find out that the owner was Frederic Henry Betts, a patents lawyer from New York.
Here is the address (in 1940), today it has been converted to office buildings. Betts commissioned Architect, Grosvenor Atterbury to build the house in 1897
He was direct descendant on his mothers side to John Eliot "Apostle to the Indians" and John Scovill, one of the original proprietors of Waterbury Conn.
He was Patent Lawyer in cases involving the patents of Edison, Westinghouse, Bell, Tesla and others.More info.... (Click to show)
Passed away in 1905, dating the cane from 1897 to 1905.post #27094 of 601771/19/16 at 3:47pmpost #27095 of 601771/19/16 at 3:50pmpost #27096 of 601771/19/16 at 3:52pmpost #27097 of 601771/19/16 at 3:54pm
Alright @SpooPoker I went back for the 50's (unless I'm royally effing up my tag reading) camo. I don't have any idea what the practical use was for this but it appears to have snaps on the bottom for snapping into/onto something else. It also has some interesting loop thing on the back which I have a picture of. In one of the pictures you can see the messed up snap. Still very interesting. I've got a closeup of the only tag I can find on it. It was worth grabbing for $3 just to examine closer if nothing else. If anyone has any ideas as to what this is let me know!
EDIT: When I search A.B.L. I'm getting hits for Belgian army clothes with what appear to be similar camo patterns.
EDIT 2: It appears that this is what's called a paratrooper smock.post #27098 of 601771/19/16 at 4:02pmpost #27099 of 601771/19/16 at 4:02pm
From the last week or so
forgot a few things
Top left to right- Crockett Jones chelsae, mezlan boots, varvatos suede boots, jones
bottom left to right- ae sanford bb alden florhseim shell v cleat ae bel air
top bottom I guess.... Pancaldi, lb, ct, ct, ct, ct, ct, ciffionlli
top to bottom- ct, lb, blvgr, bb flag, zegna, prl bear, brioni
armani, versace, lb zegna t&a, vacca, borelli, comme de garcon
etro, nwt duchamp, 100% cash lorenzini shacket
2 Dries van noten, 2 NWT davenza black and blue oprhans, corn, muggler
tweed jpress, nwt bally, madison 2 pair pant
bruli, ps, etro, zegna's, br, filson, stitch
brioni's, rlpl's, zegna couture
corn prl yacht cash prl corn sc burb tweed bizz
brionis, and rlpls
Edited by rhz5001 - 1/19/16 at 4:21pmpost #27100 of 601771/19/16 at 4:04pmQuote:
No need for sass! I did my homework now that I have it here. I don't recall seeing the denison smock suggestion but I did find that it is likely a paratrooper smock.
Edit again: Apparently denison smock is the same as a paratrooper smock.post #27101 of 601771/19/16 at 4:06pmpost #27102 of 601771/19/16 at 4:09pmpost #27103 of 601771/19/16 at 4:17pm
To my very novice eye that looks like some variety of Denison Smock, probably the Postwar variety in that link if it's dated 1955.
Quote:I appreciate all the help, but with the number of posts in this thread it's easy to miss/forget one. I go through the pages and read the replies in order to avoid this sort of thing...Thank you @futuremyth for the suggestion. You were right! I apologize for missing that.post #27104 of 601771/19/16 at 4:18pmpost #27105 of 601771/19/16 at 4:19pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 3 minutes ago
- › Bracelets For Men - How To Do It Properly. 9 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 26 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 32 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 33 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 34 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket - Official Affiliate Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Size 40R --- Only 2 Left! █ DROP MAR 25 █ NWT Canali Suits and... 48 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 49 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...