Boy, Have I got a house for you.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 6:47 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1801post #27001 of 545451/18/16 at 6:48pmpost #27002 of 545451/18/16 at 6:56pmpost #27003 of 545451/18/16 at 7:29pm
Rest of stuff from today. All available. Apologies for the glut of pictures.
Timberland Boot Co(10), Alden shortwing shells(10.5), AE orthotics
Brioni Roman Style Suit? Legit check pls.
JAB patchwork madras SC. Vent still basted. 48R
Armani Collezioni wool cardigan. XL
Norman Hilton staple navy SC. 44R
Unstructured Boss SC. Usually don't pick it up but this thing is nice. 42R
2 x Zegna, T&A barrel cuff, Mischka
Canali dual vent, J. Crew moon tweed(40R)
Hickey Freeman Sport 100% cashmere cable knit. Large
Marmot shell(Men's L), Marmot shell(Women's S), kids Mountain Hardwear puffer.
A first for me. Mabitex chocolate cords.post #27004 of 545451/18/16 at 7:33pmThread Starterpost #27005 of 545451/18/16 at 7:33pmpost #27006 of 545451/18/16 at 7:48pmQuote:
Sorry man, but not super valuable. Probably mid 80's. There are exceptions and I may be wrong here, but my observation is that with TNF clothing, it has to either be from the 70's or recent to be worth picking up for resale.post #27007 of 545451/18/16 at 7:52pmQuote:
It's all good, thanks dude. Just saw the brown label and thought that's what I was looking for. Will keep that in mind for next time.post #27008 of 545451/18/16 at 8:25pmQuote:
Can you see the date on the back of the GoreTex tag? I think that's the second generation one, so likely 83-85. I've done pretty well with super early GoreTex shells (1981-2).post #27009 of 545451/18/16 at 8:29pmpost #27010 of 545451/18/16 at 8:33pmpost #27011 of 545451/18/16 at 9:07pmFew highlights from the last few days...
Is it John Ashford? Is it Alan Flusser? No... it's actually the real thing... first time I've seen it in Cleveland.
Missing keeper label. Glad I looked closer.
Minty PRL 100% silk
Vintage (70s?) Orvis
Not true thrift, but $80 AE McGregors from Burlington (hat tip to whoever posted that a few weeks ago). I've desperately been looking to fill in the gap in my wardrobe between sneakers and dress shoes. This saved me from caving and buying boat shoes or blucher mocs.
No idea what this thing is (other than a "riding shirt"), and no idea how long I'll have to sit on it, but I know it retails for $295 and still has the tags on it, so I kopped. Anyone know a size 4 equestrian?
Finally, no photos yet, but picked up another Astor & Black Scabal suit. Had to leave another behind due to stains.
... and now, without further ado, the blooper reel:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Are you allowed to buy consonants?
Got excited... never find shoes...
Is Moto Polo a thing here now?post #27012 of 545451/18/16 at 9:13pm
I had a whole Broyhill Brasilia bedroom set I dumped on Craigslist when I moved for less than $200. (I paid less than $100 for it, so I guess that's not too bad.) Don't know how much that stuff fetches, but I wish I knew then what I know now.
I also have an anonymous Danish modern loveseat that needs to be fixed. (The back separated, and I either need to reupholster the cushions or just get new ones made.) No pics, but it's a really beautiful piece (except the vinyl cushions), like something Crate & Barrel would knock off and charge $1k+ for.
Do you have any recommendations for finding a good furniture repair shop that won't ruin vintage stuff?post #27013 of 545451/18/16 at 9:13pmQuote:
For future reference, never buy something just because it is NWT's. Also in eBay terms, that would make that item, when NWT's, have a resale value of only roughly 80 or so bucks for you now. And on top of that you have something you don't know anything about and purchased knowing you may be sitting on it. Add this one to the you thrift and you learn list.post #27014 of 545451/18/16 at 9:13pmpost #27015 of 545451/18/16 at 9:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jompso
For future reference, never buy something just because it is NWT's. Also in eBay terms, that would make that item, when NWT's, have a resale value of only roughly 80 or so bucks for you now. And on top of that you have something you don't know anything about and purchased knowing you may be sitting on it. Add this one to the you thrift and you learn list.
I researched it quite a bit before purchasing, and paid less than a cup of coffee for it. Comfortable risking that much for potential 40x return. The issue is that it's a niche item, so I might have to sit on it for a while.Quote:Originally Posted by noob15
adieu = goodbye
ado = heightened fuss or concern
Nice haul dude
I know this... I dieu. Too much wine.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 12 seconds ago
- › Guide to Wet Shaving 32 seconds ago
- › Tom Ford Suit - Filleted and Gutted 39 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Ashby Black Single Monk -888 Last - US 10E 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What are you listening to? 5 minutes ago
- › Aigle Parcours Men's Rain Boots Size 45/11.5 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett and Jones 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...