Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 2:40 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1799post #26971 of 546241/18/16 at 1:35pmpost #26972 of 546241/18/16 at 1:42pmpost #26973 of 546241/18/16 at 1:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
This is something I have a hard time understanding from sports to corporations: what the hell makes the next entity think they will fare better when they hire someone who failed miserably at their last job at the helm, and why pay them a crap ton for the privilege of screwing things up? Completely apart from seeing the pattern with sports managers, I saw it with a particular CEO and was baffled and horrified. And everyone around him was like mesmerized. He was useless. And drove the company into the ground. Then went on to do it again somewhere else.
You know who should be paid a lot more than they are in these non-profits? The people who actually work at fundraising. I do understand the need to have a CEO at the top that knows how to run a massive organization and they should be paid well for doing it. What I have observed is that the CEO is paid well and there are a whole lot of folks lower down the totem pole that are out there raising the money to fund the organization that are not well paid. I have seen this in organizations where I am a board member, or non-profit clients of mine, or through friends and family.post #26974 of 546241/18/16 at 1:45pmpost #26975 of 546241/18/16 at 2:08pmpost #26976 of 546241/18/16 at 2:24pmpost #26977 of 546241/18/16 at 2:44pmUsually stay as far away from thrifts as possible on big sale days. Decided to just bite the bullet today, Glad I did. Found these, despite the place being a complete zoo.
First Sammy is absolutely amazing. Feels like a cashmere blend. All are probably from the same donor. 44 L.
2014 Adrian Jules tweed.
More stuff.post #26978 of 546241/18/16 at 2:46pmpost #26979 of 546241/18/16 at 3:50pmpost #26980 of 546241/18/16 at 4:09pmpost #26981 of 546241/18/16 at 4:24pmQuote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by SpooPoker
One estate sale, one thrift. Only like 5 pieces of the below came from the thrift though. Everything except for one of the furs and the LV bag was $3.99 or less. Both the furs, both the gloves, and the LV bag are NA. was a pretty sick day. I walked in the house and saw a Burberry jacket and said meh. Then I saw the guys tie rack, literally looked at 5 ties and shoved the whole thing in my bag. I didn't know what I bought until I got home. Thrift roulette every single polo suit and jacket is Corneliani.
That XXL Polo coat looks nice.
@SpooPoker I know you have a thing about signs. What is it again? I am going to an area that has apparently NOT been thrifted much by anyone on here, so I am wondering what I will find.
I'm going to the DEEP SOUTH and there is definitely old money on the Coast. So, I'm probably not going to find Cuccinelli or Kiton, but I would guess I will find LOTS of vineyard vines, a lot of Trad type stuff and other OLD Money stuff. I'm hoping to be swimming in Shell Cordovan and Oxxford (fingers crossed).
If nothing else, the Gulf is certainly known for hospitality, great food (I have been having Po Boy withdrawals), and it will be WARM. It is decidely NOT warm here in Kansas right now. So, I can't wait for 65 degrees!post #26982 of 546241/18/16 at 4:35pmpost #26983 of 546241/18/16 at 4:56pmpost #26984 of 546241/18/16 at 5:00pmpost #26985 of 546241/18/16 at 5:12pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › Barbour Mens Medium Ariel Jacket in Olive...unworn...NWT 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Forme d'Expression F/W Convertible Coat – sz 50 5 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...