Older but slightly more complicated than that.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 2:14 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1796post #26926 of 542691/18/16 at 8:26ampost #26927 of 542691/18/16 at 8:29amQuote:Originally Posted by Jompso
If the logo says Burberrys' that means it was made pre-1998, the brand changed all licensing to be called Burberry post-98 and then it wasn't til 2005 I belive that everything moved in house. Burberrys', depending on the garment, is either licensed by American union workers or it's English made and in house. The true Burberry stuff will say Made in England under the name. If it doesn't say that, than it is most likely licensed. So yes it's all the same company and although quality control was maintained by Burberry, not all of the garments were manufactured in house til 2005. This is why you will see vintage Trenches that say made in England and some that don't. Companies bought the rights to use the logo and the Nova check, however "Made in England" is trademarked to Burberry and the only true authentic Burberry pieces.
Edit: Although it isn't stated, that tie is Burberry London, which is just a diffusion line of Burberry that was started post 2005 when they developed the contemporary Brit, the mainline London, and then the Luxury Prorsum lines.post #26928 of 542691/18/16 at 8:31ampost #26929 of 542691/18/16 at 8:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Alex Hayes
Sorry about this, but another question for @Nataku Found this this morning. It's dated 1955. There's a broken button but it's otherwise in really nice shape. Is it a thing? Did not purchase it.
To my very novice eye that looks like some variety of Denison Smock, probably the Postwar variety in that link if it's dated 1955.post #26930 of 542691/18/16 at 8:57amQuote:
It's interchangeable and doesn't really make a difference. I have noticed that when the apostrophe is missing it is usually made in England but this is just by chance and not at all true across the board (like in this example). Burberrys' was the unofficial name the brand adopted since it was referred to first as Burberry of London however soon Burberrys' of London. This name stuck so they just stuck with Burberrys' being their brand and logo since it was what they were known as and marketed as. Occassionally the apostrophe got dropped, still meant it was pre 98 and had no barring on whether it was made in house or not. With that said, I'd be willing to guess that those ties are not made in England but are all Italian made.
Edit: I retract, notice that one is English after all, my mistake, the rest Italianpost #26931 of 542691/18/16 at 9:08am
The easiest flip you will ever make. I thrifted mine, got to the car and cut them with the keys and took em to a Jeweler and got like 5 bills on the spot. Mine were 18 but I only had like 4 or 5 or something, couple missing.post #26932 of 542691/18/16 at 9:38ampost #26933 of 542691/18/16 at 9:39amQuote:
@impuntura I found lots of Aldens and Alden Shell. I even found a new pair of Alden (calf, no box), but I have NEVER found Alden new in the Box (shell, calf, or otherwise).post #26934 of 542691/18/16 at 9:46ampost #26935 of 542691/18/16 at 10:05amQuote:Originally Posted by thebuddahman
Anyone know about Prada and their detailing?
I picked up this mens Tg50 jacket today which has this jagged stitch detailing on one of the pockets. Is this a detail that they do? I couldn't tell whether it was a genuine repair or standard quirk of Prada designers so I picked it up anyway.
Any help is greatly appreciated. I can't find any reference to the jacket or the pocket details anywhere.
Those just look like repaired rips from here, unless the rest of the piece is very avant garde.post #26936 of 542691/18/16 at 10:34amQuote:
Looks like 8.5 F to me too. If they are not resoles, they usually have it stamped just at the edge of the front of the heel piece.post #26937 of 542691/18/16 at 10:36ampost #26938 of 542691/18/16 at 10:44ampost #26939 of 542691/18/16 at 10:45ampost #26940 of 542691/18/16 at 11:01am
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 7 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › Januszkiewicz, Bespoke shoemaker, Warsaw 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Making a World Class Tie! 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...