or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1765

post #26461 of 51278
Just one stop today. Never knew Levis did a colab with comme.

post #26462 of 51278

Bizarro vintage Miller Western Wear pants: The tag says 'sport jeans' but these are more like a loose-weave linen than denim.

 

 

post #26463 of 51278
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkesChevelle View Post

Just my size


Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkesChevelle View Post

Having a hard time finding info on these. Google doesn't seem to pull anything on the numbers in the shoe






I see that you have not taken our advice.
post #26464 of 51278
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post



I see that you have not taken our advice.

Actually I been reading a lot of threads on here. Not sure why you feel the need to make that comment. Everyone starts somewhere. Sorry my stuff isnt worthy of your time to look at. I am not just going to sit and not post because I didnt find some $1000 gem.

 

Im not here to flip stuff and have you do my homework. I bought those items after researching what I could and liking them because they fit me and were quality items.

post #26465 of 51278
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkesChevelle View Post
 

Actually I been reading a lot of threads on here. Not sure why you feel the need to make that comment. Everyone starts somewhere. Sorry my stuff isnt worthy of your time to look at. I am not just going to sit and not post because I didnt find some $1000 gem.

 

Im not here to flip stuff and have you do my homework. I bought those items after researching what I could and liking them because they fit me and were quality items.

 

I don't think anyone's saying you shouldn't post because you didn't find whatever. As someone who's new to this, take your time to read through the threads instead of contributing right away. It will make the transition much smoother. The easiest part of thrifting is spending your money, the hardest part is spending your money wisely.

post #26466 of 51278
Dude, post whatever you want. It might not garner much attention, but you'll get better, and while everybody says read the thread and don't buy anything, I got better by making mistakes. It's fine for people to offer advice, but it's bullshit to try to chastise you for doing something different.
post #26467 of 51278

Then what are you defining as contributing? Where have I shared the no knowledge I seem to have?

I posted some things I have found, that I like. This place isnt called fashion forum, its called style forum. Do we not each have our own style?

 

Im here to learn as well as share as I go along learning. I see no point in sticking around here if I have to have to get to some sort of expert level before my posts on what I bought arent met with dickishness

post #26468 of 51278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post

Dude, post whatever you want. It might not garner much attention, but you'll get better, and while everybody says read the thread and don't buy anything, I got better by making mistakes. It's fine for people to offer advice, but it's bullshit to try to chastise you for doing something different.


True but I got a chuckle out of eazy's comment. I ALWAYS appreciate humor. 

post #26469 of 51278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post

Dude, post whatever you want. It might not garner much attention, but you'll get better, and while everybody says read the thread and don't buy anything, I got better by making mistakes. It's fine for people to offer advice, but it's bullshit to try to chastise you for doing something different.

 

Making mistakes is a big part of it. I wasted tons of money at first but I wish I hadn't haha.

post #26470 of 51278
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexco View Post

Making mistakes is a big part of it. I wasted tons of money at first but I wish I hadn't haha.

Speaking of... who wants a Pendleton cardigan with a hole in the chest?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #26471 of 51278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post

This was too cool not to pick up. I had some 70's t-shirts with landscape prints like this a long time ago that seemed to have grown legs and walked away, Wish I still had em. Is there a specific name for this style of printing that was so popular back then? Screen print?




From here it looks like Sublimation printing
post #26472 of 51278
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkesChevelle View Post
 

Then what are you defining as contributing? Where have I shared the no knowledge I seem to have?

I posted some things I have found, that I like. This place isnt called fashion forum, its called style forum. Do we not each have our own style?

 

Im here to learn as well as share as I go along learning. I see no point in sticking around here if I have to have to get to some sort of expert level before my posts on what I bought arent met with dickishness

 

I'm not sure any of your posts were met with dickishness, to be fair. You got super defensive off of a simple off-handed statement from eazy. You asked for more of a basic tutorial as opposed to having to read the thread earlier, so I'd assume people would glean that you were just looking for an easy way out and wouldn't bother reading the information on the site. If you're here to learn, that's cool. There's tons of resources on this site. Just use them wisely.

post #26473 of 51278

I don't see a hole in the Pendleton. How many stitches is it? It might be something I can re-knit. I'm getting better at that.

post #26474 of 51278

Im sorry I dont see spending $5 on a pair of Ecco in good condition a waste. There will always be something more expensive out there that I might find, but in the mean time 97% off the new price is fine with me.

 

Im not here to flip everything I find. Will I learn and maybe find something I didnt know about that is flip worthy? Sure, but in the mean time I will wear what I find and enjoy what I have.

post #26475 of 51278
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexco View Post
 

 

I'm not sure any of your posts were met with dickishness, to be fair. You got super defensive off of a simple off-handed statement from eazy. You asked for more of a basic tutorial as opposed to having to read the thread earlier, so I'd assume people would glean that you were just looking for an easy way out and wouldn't bother reading the information on the site. If you're here to learn, that's cool. There's tons of resources on this site. Just use them wisely.

I thought I was pretty clear I was asking if anyone could point me in the direction of a "101" style page that gave me an intro. When the first answer was read a 28,000 page thread, I simply asked if there was a more condensed starting point. I have no doubt the wealth of information in this thread. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)