Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 9:30 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1759post #26371 of 510951/14/16 at 10:43ampost #26372 of 510951/14/16 at 10:48ampost #26373 of 510951/14/16 at 10:48amQuote:
:) Hoping to find something a little more abbreviated than a 28,000 post thread. A lot of what I have read in here is more brand recognition. I was hoping to be able to better identify features vs brand as there are to many names to rememberpost #26374 of 510951/14/16 at 10:49ampost #26375 of 510951/14/16 at 10:49amQuote:
Then read the entire forum. There is a wealth of knowledge in this tiny corner of the internet. Just don't expect people to recite things on command just for you. There is a search tool at the top right of the screen... And this is only post #26,735 of this thread. Try the other one.post #26376 of 510951/14/16 at 10:50amQuote:
They say that for a reason, though. If you can't read all of it, then just start reading this thread every day and don't post for 6 months. It really is the best way to pick things up. That and use the eBay mobile app while you're in stores.post #26377 of 510951/14/16 at 10:53amIll add that, while reading both threads from start to finish may seem like an incredibly daunting task, if you really love clothing and more importantly thrifting, it will be like the best novel you've never heard of. Full of mystery, intrigue, guns, politics. And maybe even a murder or two! (I may have made up the part about the murder). But most importantly, the amount of knowledge within these two threads is staggering, and you will emerge from it, on the other side, a more learned person in the art of thrifting. Your first post, filled with dated Ecco shoes, will seem like a distant, unsettling memory.post #26378 of 510951/14/16 at 10:53amQuote:
I'd suggest you stop posting and start reading. If nothing else, it'll help you lose less money. Otherwise, carry on and people will likely just ignore you for the most part.
If you want to learn about construction and tells, then this website should have plenty of that as well. Again, the best course of action is to start reading. Shocking, I know.post #26379 of 510951/14/16 at 10:55amQuote:
Just gotta be honest with you. I came in and asked these exact questions and made the exact same points are you are/will to defend why you're asking the 'simple' questions. But when I went back, and started from the beginning, I not only learned what to look for/how to look for it, but I also learned personas of many of the people on this thread. The same people that answered me brash ^^ are really really awesome people that I've come to respect as a member on this forum.
Take a few hours and read through page 1 of this thread (Part II even) and you'll learn man. Hope this helps.
In short, if it looks annoying or feels nice, take a closer look.post #26380 of 510951/14/16 at 10:55am@GMMcL holy crap, nice hauls. So much win there. That BBBF shirt available?
FYI, from what I can see from here, if they're short, the untipped BB ties are probably 20s/30s. 30s if they're just really short, 20s if they're really, really hella short and super flared on both ends.Quote:
Check my signature.post #26381 of 510951/14/16 at 11:04amQuote:
The best thing you can do is lurk and ask questions (but not questions like "what's "X" worth", a better thing to try would be to shoot a picture of a tag and be like "Is this a thing?"). You might also find the HOF label / nail pattern & thrift label threads helpful.
More importantly... thrift, a lot.
Just don't ask for prices on things, even if there are no completeds. Use your best judgement. Over time, you'll get really good at it.
post #26382 of 510951/14/16 at 11:06ampost #26383 of 510951/14/16 at 11:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
@GMMcL holy crap, nice hauls. So much win there. That BBBF shirt available?
FYI, from what I can see from here, if they're short, the untipped BB ties are probably 20s/30s. 30s if they're just really short, 20s if they're really, really hella short and super flared on both ends.
Check my signature.
Thanks. I wasnt trying to be "lazy" just asking if there was more of a base tutorial I could start with outside of just read anything I can.
I will check out your sigpost #26384 of 510951/14/16 at 11:09ampost #26385 of 510951/14/16 at 11:16am
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Recent purchases - Part II 36 seconds ago
- › Rozsnyai shoes 52 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 6 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Academia, Democrats, and Thoughtcrime 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 17 minutes ago
- › A1923, Guidi and IS footwear 17 minutes ago
- › The Rise and Rise of Donald J Trump 17 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway