or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1758

post #26356 of 50998
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedishin View Post
 

Dang sorry about the double post, but @Fueco when they have logos on them like that are we not supposed to pass? Saw a really nice Patagonia piece the other day from some bowl game. EUC but figured the extra logos would kill it.

 

 

Depends on how generic the logo is and how desirable the piece is. This one should sell because it's sort of a generic cause that any self-respecting Patagoniac should support. That being said, I sold an Arc'teryx fleece a few days ago that had a company logo on it. It sold for $45, not exactly chump change for something I paid $6something for.

 

I also sold a Snap-T that had embroidery from a specific ice skating event from 20+ years ago, that also had the skater's name on it. Of course, the skater was a multiple Olympic medalist in ice dancing, so there was that... :slayer:

post #26357 of 50998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton View Post


At $0/pair it's still a bad deal. When you hit as many shops with the knowledge that most in this thread have you'll pass on stuff due to condition, popularity in eBay, even if it's a nice shoe (such as a lesser-known AE model).

Some might call it "stuffy" but Styleforum CM as a whole leans toward the high-end, well-crafted clothing and shoes. There is another forum that I won't name that might be more suited toward what you are posting.

We all started somewhere.............

post #26358 of 50998
Yeah Nataku told me to kop, I was hoping for a model name. Kinda on the fence about keeping it, like Nat I've been lusting after CDW for ages, but I'm not willing to shell out for it. Thanks guys!
post #26359 of 50998
Quote:
Originally Posted by impuntura View Post

professor in my opinion its too much @500 each.
For the set...maybe and even thats a big maybe.
Now thats with purpose of reselling.if for yourself i guess any price is okay.

 

I just saw this response.  Sorry for the second post asking about it.   I do not want them for myself.  I have too much in my house already.   But, thank you for the info. 

post #26360 of 50998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton View Post


At $0/pair it's still a bad deal. When you hit as many shops with the knowledge that most in this thread have you'll pass on stuff due to condition, popularity in eBay, even if it's a nice shoe (such as a lesser-known AE model).

Some might call it "stuffy" but Styleforum CM as a whole leans toward the high-end, well-crafted clothing and shoes. There is another forum that I won't name that might be more suited toward what you are posting.

 

SHIT!  Sorry for the double post!  I am the worst at that.  I get on a roll and respond to posts a little too fast! 

 

 

Having been on another forum that tends to have a more TRADitional feel to it,  I can definitely say that this forum is certainly not stuffy!  Its one of the things I love about this forum and this group of people.   While we occasionally have a few spats, for the most part it seems that everyone likes seeing other people find amazing stuff and is excited when someone posts a wall full of awesome finds. There is also a great mentoring/teaching feel to the forum.  BUT, a lot of the learning and mentoring happens as a sideline or through PM, or even just by reading and learning. 

post #26361 of 50998
If you're buying for yourself, buy whatever you want. Doesn't mean you should brag about it.

If you're buying to flip, you're not buying for yourself. You're buying for the market.
post #26362 of 50998

Inco Italy 38x33

 

 

 

Inco Portugal 35x30

 

 

 

 

Club Monaco 34x33

 

 

 

 

BB Flannel 35x33

 

 

 

 

W&G 36x27

 

 

 

post #26363 of 50998
First fit pic of 2016. Big coats, luxe knits and flannels.
Caruso cashmere overcoat
Prada cashmere sweater
Caruso flannels
Docs
All thrifted by me for sub $30 total



Edited by eazye - 1/14/16 at 10:05am
post #26364 of 50998
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

First fit pic of 2016. Big coats, luxe knits and flannels.
Caruso cashmere overcoat
Prada cashmere sweater
Caruso flannels
Docs
All thrifted by me for sub $30
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

That looks so comfortable.

post #26365 of 50998
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

That looks so comfortable.

It is. mwink[1].gif
post #26366 of 50998
Xpost from fit thred:

Today:



Seasonal beard
Sweater: SNS Herning (grailedthrift)
Shirt: BB OCBD from @stevesmith
Tie: Ovadia and Sons wool flannel (grailedthrift)
Trousers: Epaulet (Buffalo Exchange)
Shoes: C&J for BB (Buffalo Exchange)
post #26367 of 50998

Four pairs of Brioni trous that are double pleated and have some significant staining that will need a dry clean. Solid navy, mid gray, and light gray. Not 100% sure the stains will come out but I believe they will. Should I go back at $6/ea?

post #26368 of 50998

So then let me ask this question, or maybe someone can direct me to a tutorial. 

 

Obviously there are more brands than one can remember, so when "thrifting" what does a person look for outside of a label. For shoes and clothes alike, what are the giveaways to make a score worth posting here?

post #26369 of 50998
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkesChevelle View Post
 

So then let me ask this question, or maybe someone can direct me to a tutorial. 

 

Obviously there are more brands than one can remember, so when "thrifting" what does a person look for outside of a label. For shoes and clothes alike, what are the giveaways to make a score worth posting here?

 

Read this and the last thrift thread from start to finish. There's your tutorial.

post #26370 of 50998

Left behinds 5 pairs of Incotex staple Made in Italy wool pants. They were 36x30 and in great condition. Unfortunately, they wanted $18.00 per pair. :butbut:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)