That little R in a circle towards the bottom left means this was a Union tag from the late 60s to mid 70s. Dunno how it made it's way over ther but that's American Union made and this is the most common label to find because it is the most recent, it was also the last one they used that looked like this. You find something special and the union tag doesnt have that R, then you possibly got something worth a few bucks. Either way this is worth something to someone but not really something just anyone would really wanna pick up in efforts of makinga profit. This shit can take months and months to move, vintage Union made stuff is a tricky market with a niche customer base that will pay money for good vintage but you gotta be patient for themto find you. Ebay is not the best place for this
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:39 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1747post #26191 of 573641/13/16 at 9:06ampost #26192 of 573641/13/16 at 9:21ampost #26193 of 573641/13/16 at 9:21amLooknGr8, congrats and good to see you posing again! When are you coming back to Chicago?
Man, I really wish I could take a decent photograph to save my life. I might as well be posting stafford here. If anybody has a Canon DSLR and would like to pm me some beginner's tips on taking a nice photo, that would be awesome. I feel like the close up/small pics (ties, shoes, hats etc are ok), but jackets and such look like shit,
Ahh well, anyhoo, this is from the last few weeks.
A timely find, as I'm starting advanced draping in a week and a half.
Twin unworn italian made BB belts, sz 40.
Black Trafalgar belt for myself N/A
Dingman gator braces
I don't wear braces, but I'm going to hold onto these incase I ever do. Probably the coolest pair I've come across. N/A
Handmade peccary gloves from pre-fall of the Berlin wall. N/A
Baller purple 5x beaver hat. N/A
Vintage unused US military duffle. N/A
Massive black mongolian cashmere scarf. N/A
Ugliest gren ever?
This one sadly has some sun damage. I'm going to deconstruct it to make a 7-fold pattern. Thanks to SWB for the hookup!
Wedding tie, N/A
POP! Gustin seersucker gingham.
Wool button up, tagged large, but fits much smaller. N/A
These actually started life as cargo pants, but a seam ripper made quick work of that. Presto! Light gray flat front trousers! N/A
Incotex that are so dated they are relevant again. Triple pleats! Dat texture! N/A
Recent Canali charcoal flannels
Beautiful Polo/Corn oatmeal windowpane flannels
Unworn AE shell Saratoga in 13 D
AE shell McNeils with a vibram sole, 10.5 D
Possibly bespoke Peal & Co for Foster and Son
Alden captoes, 11 e/eee
Black AE tassels for myself. N/A
Zanella large twill navy patch
VTG Burberry full canvas navy hopsack patch. Amazing how good the quality was back then. Built like a tank!
RLPL reindeer suede w/ 4 piece back.
Polo/Corn tweed windowpane
Brioni, unvented but whatever
Really wish this was my size, two button, dual vent
Triple patch tweed
This things is so boss, big bellied lapels, loads of handwork, my size. N/A
Don't normally pick up Boss, but....
Orphan Greenfield, really wish the pants would have showed up for this.
Another orphan but 69 cents so....
So fucking sick, dated 1973 but might as well have been made yesterday.
Pop on Lardini mainline. Totally unstructured patch
By far the largest suit I've ever come across.
Cleanest seersucker I've ever seen
recent 2 button dual vent
never seen this tag before, quality is really good
BBGF VTG suit
No maker tags on this one except a union tag, but no matter, it's so badass I don't care. Textured shawl collar overcoat. N/A
VTG burgundy velvet collar chesterfield with piping on the lapels and pockets. N/A
Vtg BB SB chesterfield. $1 N/A
VTG Caruso Ca$$$$hmere, N/A
J Press cashmere
Franscisco Smalto wool/cash black trench. Even the seam taping is a thing of beauty on this piece.
This somehow escaped the pricing nazis and made it to half off day. In pristine condition with the double nova check lining too!
Never leave a polo coat behind, vtg Bill Blass, marked a 40 and fits me well but I've got three already, so available
Pristine camelhair, possibly cashmere. Not a single moth nibble anywhere!
And finally, I've handled 1000's of overcoats over the years, but this is by far the beefest. I'm dead serious when I say that this would save you in a knife fight. VTG 40's guanaco/angora overcoat. Check out those lapels!
swishpost #26194 of 573641/13/16 at 9:28ampost #26195 of 573641/13/16 at 9:36ampost #26196 of 573641/13/16 at 9:41ampost #26197 of 573641/13/16 at 9:42ampost #26198 of 573641/13/16 at 9:46ampost #26199 of 573641/13/16 at 9:47ampost #26200 of 573641/13/16 at 10:01ampost #26201 of 573641/13/16 at 10:03ampost #26202 of 573641/13/16 at 10:04ampost #26203 of 573641/13/16 at 10:08am
I think I'm gonna start dropping only weeklys or bi weeklys, it's way more awesome to look from the perspective of someoen who loves menswear, than to see a picture of 2 things and then thats it...Yea I'm gonna take a page out of your book and hoard for a little then drop bombs when I feel the time is righ, tcuz that was such a fucking legit droppost #26204 of 573641/13/16 at 10:11ampost #26205 of 573641/13/16 at 10:43amEazy, incredible haul. So much win there. Especially love the '40s coat.
This one is weirding me out, though. I don't understand how it could possibly be from the 70s with those labels and fonts. Looks totally modern.Quote:Originally Posted by eazye
So fucking sick, dated 1973 but might as well have been made yesterday. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Also, Frenchy, congrats on the desk. That's an amazing pull. You've got me looking for MCM every time I'm in a shop now, but I've never seen a worthwhile piece in two or three years of looking.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 31 seconds ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 15 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway