or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1736

post #26026 of 51153

Went to a thrift store today and something was different. Usually there are a bunch of workers and other people sitting outside smoking. Since it was below freezing in Alabama today, everyone stayed inside. The chairs were stacked in a neat stack by the door. All of the recent cool furniture finds may me curious. Sure enough, all 8 of the stacked chairs were Hon Olson chairs. I inquired about them and was immediately told they were not for sale. She said matter of factly, "Believe it or not, some guy has already offered us $10 each for them." Oh well...

post #26027 of 51153

This should have been tagged $60 like the other Zegna ties there. Oh well, it's mine now.

 

post #26028 of 51153

fuck, vex! haul much?

post #26029 of 51153
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post
 

fuck, vex! haul much?

 

As much as I can!

post #26030 of 51153
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Any ideas? The drop is roughly 8 feet. Thinking of adding an interior window straight ahead, which will allow natural light in from two windows immediately on the other side of the wall. Of course like everything else in TGC, whatever it is, it must be thrifted, salvaged or repurposed.....Go.



Just a couple random ideas. but vintage clothing advertising signs would be cool. Otherwise maybe paneling the front wall as an accent wall with reclaimed milk-paint boards or barn wood to kind of off-set the drabness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

@Nataku, freshly installed Uturn turntable connected to my little Bose speakers. Sounds good so far, though I'm only on Side 1 of the first album... The record is an old Amy Grant LP that I picked for 25c.


Looks good! What cartridge did it come with? Amy Grant's late 80's/early 90's stuff is a guilty pleasure of mine.
Edited by Nataku - 1/11/16 at 9:03pm
post #26031 of 51153
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post


Any ideas? The drop is roughly 8 feet. Thinking of adding an interior window straight ahead, which will allow natural light in from two windows immediately on the other side of the wall. Of course like everything else in TGC, whatever it is, it must be thrifted, salvaged or repurposed.....Go.



I vote weird taxidermy
post #26032 of 51153
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedstate View Post


I vote weird taxidermy


I was thinking along those lines. However, I was envisioning a large pelt, like a zebra or some other large beast. 

post #26033 of 51153
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post
 


I was thinking along those lines. However, I was envisioning a large pelt, like a zebra or some other large beast. 

 

He needs to hang a stuffed eagle from the ceiling and line the wall with US flags.

post #26034 of 51153
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post
 


I was thinking along those lines. However, I was envisioning a large pelt, like a zebra or some other large beast. 

 

That's be rad too. I had slightly odder ideas

post #26035 of 51153

Fuck... Alabama won. Now, I will have to deal with non-college educated super inflated redneck egos for another year. Something tells me that @horse's_ass will not get any sleep in Tuscaloosa tonight.

post #26036 of 51153
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post
 

Fuck... Alabama won. Now, I will have to deal with non-college educated super inflated redneck egos for another year. Something tells me that @horse's_ass will not get any sleep in Tuscaloosa tonight.

 

As a Clemson fan, I was hoping for a repeat of '81 that I wasn't alive for but I'll be damned if that wasn't a hell of a game tonight. 

post #26037 of 51153

Quick lunch hit.  Really should do that more often.

The 2x Suitsupply  are cool knits, the angelo stanganini is amazing, the 2x bowties are grosgrain NM

beige glen plaid

post #26038 of 51153
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post
 

Quick lunch hit.  Really should do that more often.

The 2x Suitsupply  are cool knits, the angelo stanganini is amazing, the 2x bowties are grosgrain NM

beige glen plaid

 

Is that NWT tie a Charles Tyrwhitt?

post #26039 of 51153

this got me stumped:

 

old slubby wool henley, made in france i guess but for the u.s. market. you can see the o.g. sleeve set and patterning

 

embroidered red loop tag says 

 

1956

7

 

stamped:

made in france

all wool

{illegible}

 

blue tag says mille de france

 

what am i looking at here?

post #26040 of 51153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post
Amy Grant's late 80's/early 90's stuff is a guilty pleasure of mine.

 

I wanted to defile Amy Grant so bad in the Baby Baby era.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)