Edited by barrelntrigger - 1/10/16 at 1:03pm
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 9:12 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1726post #25876 of 477351/10/16 at 12:07pmpost #25877 of 477351/10/16 at 12:09pmpost #25878 of 477351/10/16 at 12:39pmThread Starterpost #25879 of 477351/10/16 at 12:58pmQuote:Quote:
Even if I win the lottery, I'll be digging in thrift stores, dingy basements and barns until I die. I just won't worry so much about spending that extra dollar or three.
For me, most of the fun is in the hunt. The rest is in the provenance. Where it came from, what it was priced at, who had it before you, etc. It's one thing to find a Loro Piana cashmere vest for $200 at a consignment shop but it's more fun to find one in a Goodwill for $6.99 with a crazy flipper guy barreling down at you from the other end of the rack.post #25880 of 477351/10/16 at 1:01pmpost #25881 of 477351/10/16 at 1:04pmpost #25882 of 477351/10/16 at 1:25pmpost #25883 of 477351/10/16 at 1:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine
Only a few pickups yesterday...hit an estate sale that had a bunch of bespoke Edgar Pomeroy suits, but they were over-priced and would be for flipping but not many folks know of old Ed. They also had tons of kids clothes - all PRL and Lily Pulitzer etc - and half the kids clothes were monogrammed...wtf...
One thing from the estate sale - vintage dressing robe / smoking jacket / whatever.
Holy shit. Is that a BIG size?post #25884 of 477351/10/16 at 1:43pmSo the other day I was in Buffalo Exchange, didn't find much. Saw a dude cashing out after selling and packing a bunch of stuff into a bag. Noticed a familiar locker loop, asked him if those were Black Fleece shirts, he said yup, asked if they were BB1, he said yup, asked if he'd consider selling them to me, he said yup, asked how much, he said how about $20 for the lot, I said ok. All my size, all minty fresh, mostly N/A.post #25885 of 477351/10/16 at 1:44pmpost #25886 of 477351/10/16 at 1:47pmpost #25887 of 477351/10/16 at 2:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by hooker4186
So the other day I was in Buffalo Exchange, didn't find much. Saw a dude cashing out after selling and packing a bunch of stuff into a bag. Noticed a familiar locker loop, asked him if those were Black Fleece shirts, he said yup, asked if they were BB1, he said yup, asked if he'd consider selling them to me, he said yup, asked how much, he said how about $20 for the lot, I said ok. All my size, all minty fresh, mostly N/A.
So you mean the buyer at the store passed on Black Fleece? I always think about this.
What kind of awesome stuff is coming in to those stores and the stupid buyers are passing on it? The couple times I have found high end shirts like Brioni, etc they are always less than J.Crew or similar brands because they don't seem to know what that stuff is. Just makes me think of what could have been there, but the dumb employees didn't want it.post #25888 of 477351/10/16 at 2:20pmpost #25889 of 477351/10/16 at 2:30pmpost #25890 of 477351/10/16 at 2:32pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 8 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 30 seconds ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 2 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Steel Grey Corduroy Tweed Walt (34) BNWT 11 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 12 minutes ago
- › Brown elegant cap toe Oxford boots by Lendvay & Schwarcz in size UK... 14 minutes ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...