Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 5:05 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1718post #25757 of 514591/9/16 at 7:35ampost #25758 of 514591/9/16 at 7:35ampost #25759 of 514591/9/16 at 7:41ampost #25760 of 514591/9/16 at 8:06amThread Starterpost #25761 of 514591/9/16 at 8:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Jompso
I do?.... I know it's a Super Bowl ring when I see it. I know a Kobe Bryant rookie card when I see it. I know it's a Brioni suit when I see it. Those are one of those things for me. An old green jacket from a country club just like the hundreds of other jackets, sweaters, and shirts from country clubs I've passed on, is not one of those things.
By you I don't mean you, specifically, just the royal "you". People go apeshit over the Master's. A well-made replica of a green jacket would probably fetch $100+ so I'd have copped either way.post #25762 of 514591/9/16 at 8:41ampost #25763 of 514591/9/16 at 8:44ampost #25764 of 514591/9/16 at 8:57am
Hole lee sheet.Quote:Originally Posted by thebuddahman
I had a pretty good day in the end. Not had chance to take pictures yet but for now...
THRIFTED ME A REINDEER PELT
It was such an unusual thing to see and just so beautiful that I just had to buy it. Plan is to hang it on a wall of our new house when we move. So chuffed.
But is it RLPL? Just kidding, that thing is awesome. Synergy.Quote:Originally Posted by Chotii
Roofing boots? I checked - they have no special protection at the toes, and while the soles are nailed, they're not hobnailed (no grip). I still think they look like cross country ski boots, except the toes just aren't quite long enough. And I wouldn't know a roofing boot if one kicked me.
I think you are right on the money with vintage ski boots.
Spoo, you been watching a lot of American Pickers lately?post #25765 of 514591/9/16 at 9:05amQuote:
I know of two options that can help you in this situation, 1. You return them. 2. If they don't accept returns, open a case for item not being as described so you can return them. Once silk is damaged, it's done. Once ties are pressed, they are done. Both these things happened, get your money back.post #25766 of 514591/9/16 at 9:17amQuote:
I'd first reevaluate the way I approach thrifting. I'd remember that the clothes are donated for a reason, hopefully that reason is because they don't fit, are not wanted, or never worn, but that reason is often because they are fucked. You gotta at least give it a once over when your in there, cuz missing that shit is crazy. Now you have the decision to either pay the dry cleaning bill for a wool coat in hopes that they can remove the stain, or you eat your loss. The previous owner most likely tried the cleaners before donating but you bought it so you may as well give it a shot, but don't try and spot clean something that big on a wool coat. If you go about it wrong or use the wrong stuff, you will fuck up the nap of the wool and on a spot that big, that would be/look just as bad as the stain.post #25767 of 514591/9/16 at 9:56amQuote:
Royal, editorial, directly, whatever, it was in response to my quote, to me, thus implying I do or should. But regardless it doesn't matter, first, I am fully aware of the biggest tournament in Golf, second, you would never find a well made replica, it isn't a jersey, it's a trophy, so it would just be called a fake, third, you wouldn't get 100 bucks for the thing, fourth, you really wanna sell fake shit on ebay? Not the best business plan, in my opinion.post #25768 of 514591/9/16 at 9:59ampost #25769 of 514591/9/16 at 10:02ampost #25770 of 514591/9/16 at 10:05amQuote:Originally Posted by Jompso
Royal, editorial, directly, whatever, it was in response to my quote, to me, thus implying I do or should. But regardless it doesn't matter, first, I am fully aware of the biggest tournament in Golf, second, you would never find a well made replica, it isn't a jersey, it's a trophy, so it would just be called a fake, third, you wouldn't get 100 bucks for the thing, fourth, you really wanna sell fake shit on ebay? Not the best business plan, in my opinion.
Fake? There are, indeed, well-made replicas. I've seen a few at clubs in the past. Nobody's marketing the shit as real so calling it fake is pretty disingenuous. People have and will pay for "master's jackets" that aren't champion jackets. If your business plan is making money, it makes perfect sense.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Npeal Mock Turtle Neck Cashmere Sweater 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 10 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 12 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...