or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1684

post #25246 of 51059
Somewhere, some fuccboi just shit his drop crotch pants.
post #25247 of 51059

I hope this doesn't step on anyone's toes, but I am planning to win the $400 Million Powerball this week.   If I do, I'll be sure to buy everything in @SpooPoker 's store and distribute it to everyone on here that needs it!    

 

Should I get some new suits in New York or jump right in and go to Saville Row in London? 

 

I know its ridiculous to spend any time imagining this, but its fun.   Of the stuff I have, house, car, furnishings, clothing, I always wonder what would make the cut in terms of keeping it? Obviously family photos and special sentimental things, but is there really much else.  

 

If I won, it would help the economy.  So, you all should be rooting for me to win!  We couldn't get @capnwes the new grill, but how about $400 Million for the Noble Professor?  (If that bitch Wendy wins the powerball too, I say we send @drlivingston to kill her.) 

post #25248 of 51059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor View Post
 

I hope this doesn't step on anyone's toes, but I am planning to win the $400 Million Powerball this week.   If I do, I'll be sure to buy everything in @SpooPoker 's store and distribute it to everyone on here that needs it!    

 

Should I get some new suits in New York or jump right in and go to Saville Row in London? 

 

I know its ridiculous to spend any time imagining this, but its fun.   Of the stuff I have, house, car, furnishings, clothing, I always wonder what would make the cut in terms of keeping it? Obviously family photos and special sentimental things, but is there really much else.  

 

If I won, it would help the economy.  So, you all should be rooting for me to win!  We couldn't get @capnwes the new grill, but how about $400 Million for the Noble Professor?  (If that bitch Wendy wins the powerball too, I say we send @drlivingston to kill her.) 

 

 

LOL. I feel the same way... I'd probably buy this house from our landlord to keep things on the dl.

 

As for what to keep? I'd probably stay mostly the same on the outward appearances... But I'd certainly have a newer car. Perhaps a Tesla Roadster for the summer months. 

post #25249 of 51059
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Main Man View Post
 

Uhhhh.....@rhyme that was all thrifted?!?!? 

 

Jan 5th and the cheapies award for 2016 is locked up already?

Yup all thrifted. Got tag pics and receipt.

post #25250 of 51059
I'd give everything I currently own away and spend the rest of my days traveling the world.
post #25251 of 51059
Is Pierre Balmain the same as the current high end Balmain? There's a suede-y type sport coat in a second hand shop for £2 near my office. It's way too big for me, but is worth it to flip? Or shall I leave it there.
post #25252 of 51059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplelabel View Post

Is Pierre Balmain the same as the current high end Balmain? There's a suede-y type sport coat in a second hand shop for £2 near my office. It's way too big for me, but is worth it to flip? Or shall I leave it there.

 

Unlikely. Balmain did a lot of licensing in decades past, like with YSL/Dior etc. I see dozens of pieces every time I'm out but have only found The Good Balmain 3 times.

post #25253 of 51059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post
 

 

 

LOL. I feel the same way... I'd probably buy this house from our landlord to keep things on the dl.

 

As for what to keep? I'd probably stay mostly the same on the outward appearances... But I'd certainly have a newer car. Perhaps a Tesla Roadster for the summer months. 

 

A car?  Just one?  I would go to Barrett-Jackson and buy a fleet of cars! 

post #25254 of 51059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor View Post
 

 

A car?  Just one?  I would go to Barrett-Jackson and buy a fleet of cars! 

Especially on Thursdays, where you can get in real cheap, and flippy! 

post #25255 of 51059
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

I'd give everything I currently own away and spend the rest of my days traveling the world.


reminds me of pulp fiction when julius tells vincent he plans to "walk the earth"

post #25256 of 51059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor View Post
 

 

A car?  Just one?  I would go to Barrett-Jackson and buy a fleet of cars! 

 

 

I don't know about a fleet. I'd certainly have a few different ones for certain applications.

 

Like a WRX STi for getting to the slopes in winter, a Tesla for cruising in the summer, a Sprinter camper conversion, and probably a top of the line Forester for regular use. I still love those things... My wife could get whatever she wanted to go with those. ;)

 

And yes, I'd still pop tags in the thrifts...

post #25257 of 51059
First trip of the season and not a let down, 25% off shoes today.
post #25258 of 51059
Are vintage varsity jackets a good grab? The bay is all over the board. They are wool/leather and union made. I haven't seen too many of them since I joined here so figured I'd ask.
Edited by Shanejosephxxx - 1/5/16 at 1:28pm
post #25259 of 51059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanejosephxxx View Post

Are vintage varsity jackets a good grab? The bay is all over the board. The are wool/leather and union made. I haven't seen too many of them since I joined here so figured I'd ask.

I'd say so! They're perfect for that preppy look.

Varsity jacket, black jeans and some chuck Taylor's or Common Projects Achilles and you're good to go.

Failing that, Nike blazers or Jordan 1s are the more college look.
post #25260 of 51059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplelabel View Post
 

 

Thought this was rather swish.

 

I like this term. I'm gonna start using that more.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)