Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1682post #25216 of 599961/5/16 at 7:02ampost #25217 of 599961/5/16 at 7:05amQuote:
Those look about a size 15post #25218 of 599961/5/16 at 7:09ampost #25219 of 599961/5/16 at 7:12ampost #25220 of 599961/5/16 at 7:23ampost #25221 of 599961/5/16 at 7:49ampost #25222 of 599961/5/16 at 7:59amQuote:
The few times I shopped there I saw some things too... I shopped in the ghetto not knowing where I was. I just left a goodwill and this dude ran right past me after a van with a gun in the air. I ran to my car along with this random guy next to me. Great times.post #25223 of 599961/5/16 at 8:27amQuote:
There is a DAV Thrift store down the street from my office so I check it out pretty often. For about 18 months they had 3 pair of AE's that were 14B and one pair that was 15A. They were all priced at $25. I thought (and still think) that was too much. As they sat there longer and longer months on end, I picked up the newest looking pair. They were the size and they had been marked down to $12.50. So, I bought them. They looked like they had been worn once. I went back a few days later thinking maybe they would mark down the 14's. They never did. Finally one day, I asked the manager about marking them down or giving me a deal if I bought all three pairs. He refused to budge AND he was a real ass about it. They sat there for at least 18 months and no one ever bought them.
Then, several months ago, they remodeled the store and the shoes disappeared. I don't know if they marked them down or threw them away or moved them to another store.
After trying to sell the size 15s, I was glad I never could make a deal on the 14s. It seemed like such a waste.
I did buy a pair of Johnston Murphy Melton that were size 15. They said almost immediately for a pretty high Buy it now price. I must have found the one person who wanted them and needed them right then.
Now, I won't even touch something bigger than 13 -- it would have to be pretty special and new or almost new.post #25224 of 599961/5/16 at 8:30ampost #25225 of 599961/5/16 at 8:41ampost #25226 of 599961/5/16 at 8:49amQuote:
At the risk of sounding like an asshole, when I was just a baby, when my father was alive, he had a mini collection of Porche's, I believe 3 at the time. One night he pulled into the garage and there were four men waiting with Guns for him to get home. They took all the Keys and all 3 whips. He didn't buy another one after that.
Closest thing I've encountered was going to the Slauson Swap Meet, which if you've seen the movie Menace 2 Society and remember the intro of the carjacking, well it is at that exact intersection, Slauson and Crenshaw Blvd. I had my life threatened and was told to never be seen there again or it would be taken. I concluded then that no matter how crisp the white tees were there, Calvin Kleins and James Perse will do just fine.post #25227 of 599961/5/16 at 8:53ampost #25228 of 599961/5/16 at 8:58ampost #25229 of 599961/5/16 at 9:13amAfter 14 miles of walking through Copenhagen I must say that thrifts in cph is very similar to the town in general, everything is really beautiful and lux, but covered in grime and everything is trashed.. So skipped Savile row, hermes, Zegna, comme des garcons, canali etc into infinity due to everything being dirty, trashed and just... Messy...
Thought I would go home empty handed but in the last store I found a pair of Florentini + Baker sneakers in my size and a pair of nwot boots from a swedish brand (fifth avenue shoe repair) (for my gf).
Damnit Copenhagen, you break my heart every time I visit you!post #25230 of 599961/5/16 at 9:16amQuote:
I actually bought a pair of 15 AEs about a month ago. They're like new and I figured big guys need shoes too. I have a buddy who plays Dline for the Panthers whose a 19 and has to have New Balance custom make all his shoes/cleats. I also use to have a pair of Shaq's shoes..my friends dad owns the company that makes them, those things were no fucking joke.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 second ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 18 seconds ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Tuxedo Advice 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...