Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 4:10 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1672post #25067 of 549531/3/16 at 5:16pmpost #25068 of 549531/3/16 at 5:43pmpost #25069 of 549531/3/16 at 6:27pm
Too big for me but just couldn't leave it behind. Available.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #25070 of 549531/3/16 at 6:32pmpost #25071 of 549531/3/16 at 6:40pmpost #25072 of 549531/3/16 at 7:02pm
A few things from the holidays. Still working on getting picks up of my Thriftmas, and deets to those interested in the suit.
GOD i wish this thing was my size.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #25073 of 549531/3/16 at 7:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Poll is now live! This is what we work all year for so please go vote! Ends in 1 week.
How is it even possible I never got a mention.
For me hands down the winner is that Hockney lithograph.
Whatever came of that anywaypost #25074 of 549531/3/16 at 7:29pm
OK vinyl heads GO! In serious pursuit of a new turntable. Spoilered for those who do not care:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not sure yet which receiver or speakers I'll go with - have a few receivers but only one is vintage with phono amp built in (so I wouldn't need a separate phono amp, nor a turntable with one built-in)...and a few sets of speakers but probably go with either my pair of vintage B&O redlines or the massive Epicures I picked up a couple months ago...plus some rear bookshelf speakers I have - Polk or whatever I have that matches well. Will add an amp and probably separate EQ later.
I'm leaning towards new, instead of vintage, even tho I know there are some great vintage turntables out there...but I want to see/hear in person before I buy and I want something visually pleasing / minty as well.
I really REALLY want the Thorens TD 295 MK IV in mahogany. It's just beautiful. But list $1200 is ... hard to swallow:
Next on the list is a Rega RP1, and at around ~$450 is a bargain compared to the Thorens, and also has good specs...but they also sell a "performance package" for like $150 that takes it to the "next level", which makes me think that the base model is just meh and I'd be looking at $600 if I wanted something nice:
At the bottom of the list - surprisingly - is a TEAC TN-300 for $400 - not known for turntables but this one has nice looks, decent specs, an on-board phono amp and USB port so I can record my vinyl if I ever wanted to (probably wouldn't). I'm sure the "wood" finish is laminate at best, a sticker at worst:
Any suggestions / caveats? If I had money raining from my arse, I'd go McIntosh - no question - but a $7k + turntable is not an option at the moment.
TL;DR: I need a good turntable, good cartridge (Ortofon or higher end AT), and nice looks at a good price. Casual listener, not audiophile range.
Thanks!post #25075 of 549531/3/16 at 7:33pmpost #25076 of 549531/3/16 at 7:34pmpost #25077 of 549531/3/16 at 7:36pmQuote:
Yessir, still holdin it down in TTown.
I noticed that large United Thrift shut down. You know where the new one will be?
I've been up your way a couple times recently, with ok results. I found the Sammy at the Foundry the other day. We should link up sometime.post #25078 of 549531/3/16 at 7:50pmpost #25079 of 549531/3/16 at 7:58pmpost #25080 of 549531/3/16 at 8:05pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Amazing 100% Cashmere LORO PIANA Coat Jacket EU 50R US 40R 1 minute ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 2 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › Can someone tell me if this is a real or fake Kiton Napoli suit... 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 9 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Future of the Democratic Party Threak 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...