Yup the other one is just as much and both mint sample items
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 1:04 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1656post #24827 of 4759012/31/15 at 12:39pmHi kids. I did me some more thriftin'
Happy 2016 (in about 3.5hrs here in the UK)!
Got me some shirts: 2 x Kenzo (hidden button-downs...nice), Canali cotton flannel (so soft) and a Z Zegna navy stripes
Greenfell beige Blousen jacket M (NA unless you need this desperately in your life)
Found this AWESOME blazer too that is perfect for me (makes a change). Wool
Blend but I don't give a flying fuck. The pockets are dreamy. LOOK AT THEM! A lovely shade of blue too.
I also picked up a Charles Tyrwhitt navy tie with white diagonal stripes. Thick and luxurious as fuck.
that's it.post #24828 of 4759012/31/15 at 12:40pmpost #24829 of 4759012/31/15 at 12:48pm
Minty Hanover PTB
Crispy Florsheim PTBs
Coach Cap Toes
3 Last pairs of shells for the year. All in increasing states of disrepair, so I would advise avoiding them unless you want a low-success project, or for display.post #24830 of 4759012/31/15 at 12:48pmpost #24831 of 4759012/31/15 at 1:01pmpost #24832 of 4759012/31/15 at 1:03pmQuote:
Not sure if I've commented on those but the first one says inner palace as in the emperor's or a government official's lodging for his wimmenz. Tim Horton prolly commented on those, too. Looks valuable and expensive.post #24833 of 4759012/31/15 at 1:05pmQuote:It's a huge racket. Professors get hired as experts, get their grad students (also known as free labor) to do all the work for pure profit, and make bank. Any prof who claims poverty is either lying or doing it wrong.post #24834 of 4759012/31/15 at 1:06pm
Last thrift of the year...
Barely any ties
Boss recent, Zegna, Brioni, Ferragama, BB 346
Hilditch & Key, Gant Rugger Indigo Oxford, Eredi Pisano, Eddia Beverly Hills
Paul & Shark x2, Commonwealth Utilities gray oxford for myself, Avi Rossini Euro crazy shit
Brunello Cucinelli FF chinos, Gucci Wool/Cash FF flannel charcoal slacks
Alden 563 Tassle loafers
Pringle Sports(?) 100% Cash Scotland cable knit
Different...Dries Van Noten vest
Salvatore Ferragamo G-9 Harrington Navy Rain jacket n/a
Wimmenz...sick vintage Helmut Lang 70% Alpaca 30% Wool coat
Paul Smith London Westbourne gray purple pinstripe
Zegna 10% Cash 90% Wool Charcoal brown pinstripes suit
Neal & Palmer Piccadilly London 3 piece (DB Shawl Vest) Morning suit
BBros 1818 Fitzgerald with Saxxon wool Gray blue pinstripe suit
Corneliani light gray blazer wool/angora/cashgora
Bijan charcoal blazer purple windowpane by Caruso
Bijan in the famous Bijan yellow with mini blue checks
Kiton 100% Cashmere light brown with brown and blue windowpane and patch pockets
Kiton 100% Cashmere mini brown check with medium brown windowpane
Hermes beige 93% Cashmere 7% Silk by Belvest
Sartoria Attolini houndstooth with blue windowpane 100% Cashmere
Fin.post #24835 of 4759012/31/15 at 1:12pmpost #24836 of 4759012/31/15 at 1:15pmpost #24837 of 4759012/31/15 at 1:16pmpost #24838 of 4759012/31/15 at 1:23pm
These 2 items were from last night. Last thrift of 2015, and probably my last post for the year. It's been a great year! See you in 2016.
Aforementioned Silk Smoking Jacket. Custom made in HK in 1968. A steal at $8.
Dat Cobalt Blue Jacquard Floral Silk.
Had to hand-sew a few seams back together around the collar, and re-sew the buttons for good measure... but it's in great shape for being nearly 50 yrs old. N/A. Fits me quite well. Gonna pop this at a party tonight.
POP on this Kent Wang 6-fold. Thing is MINT. Available.
Cheers everyone! And Happy New Year! Be safe out there tonight.post #24839 of 4759012/31/15 at 1:32pmQuote:
UPDATE: in case anybody gives a damn, turns out Levi's started using the paper care tags in 1970, making these Big E.
the stamp will typically wear off after a few washes and you can see the process has started with these but the fact that these still show ink really helps. i'd say washed a handful of times. fun stuff.post #24840 of 4759012/31/15 at 1:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by noob15
Timbuk2 messenger bags http://www.timbuk2.com/, I had this one http://www.saddlebackleather.com/satchel and got rid of it. Timbuk2 consistently puts out a solid product. It's not necessarily glamorous, but they work, and even at retail if you catch one on sales it's inexpensive.Quote:Originally Posted by dukedishin
for what it's worth, I sort of cringe every time my daughter comes near my Linjer soft brief. Just saying. If you go the leather route, make sure you're okay with that.Quote:Originally Posted by dazedstate
@HansderHund are you talking about a bag for diapers and wipes and misc baby stuff? I use a waxed cotton messenger bag from J Crew. My wife uses a Kate Spade baby bag and there's no way I'm carrying that around.
Thanks for all of the very helpful responses! Yes, it's to carry around all of the baby things one needs. I honestly wasn't sure how much bodily fluid is reasonably expected to get on the bag, so I wasn't sure leather was the way to go. Maybe I'll make do with something I already own until I get a handle on how much stuff I need to carry around. I'll save the info you guys have offered, so again, thank you!Quote:Quote:
Congratulations! I know you were talking about it a month or two ago, best of luck!
I thought about Nat's post as soon as I read the original list!Quote:Originally Posted by Nataku
I've been super busy lately but also been thrifting a lot off. Have found a ton of cool stuff I will post about when I get photos done (NWOT Tellason John Graham Mellor, Current Isaia and Stefano Ricci shirts, Kiton, etc), but here's one super cool piece.I believe I found a Brioni custom made tuxedo jacket belonging to John Williams, the film score composer. It is blue with black satin lapels. Absolutely killed me as I couldn't find the pants anywhere, but found a crazy nice pair of black tuxedo pants that were likely a part of another tux he had donated and I stupidly did not buy.
What do you guys think?
Also, if you don't know who John Williams is, see here. I'm a big classical music fan so when I saw the name printed on the tag, I thought to myself "Oh God... I wonder if this belonged to THE John Williams..."
I found this in LA a couple of years ago. Unverified but possible:
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 seconds ago
- › Chukka with Jeans - Suede or Leather? 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › BLACK SWEATERS! SF APPROVED? 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 14 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 14 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 17 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...