Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:39 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1639post #24572 of 5736412/28/15 at 8:41pmpost #24573 of 5736412/28/15 at 8:55pm
So theres been a crazy blizzard in milwaukee since late last night. i wasnt gonna go out thrifting, but at about 7pm, the boredom kicked in, and i decided to brave the street, and i headed to the closest thrift store to me, a very small goodwill near campus. i walked in and i was the only customer in the store!! the racks were crammed full... looked like the employees had been stoking all day, with no one there to buy anything. i feel like i did pretty well. everything is available.post #24574 of 5736412/28/15 at 9:01pmpost #24575 of 5736412/28/15 at 9:03pmQuote:
I never find shoes. thats the first pair I've found there. you'd think there'd be a lot more allen edmonds around here... but not really.post #24576 of 5736412/28/15 at 9:09pmpost #24577 of 5736412/28/15 at 9:21pmpost #24578 of 5736412/28/15 at 9:34pmpost #24579 of 5736412/28/15 at 10:14pmpost #24580 of 5736412/28/15 at 10:16pmpost #24581 of 5736412/28/15 at 10:17pmpost #24582 of 5736412/28/15 at 10:59pmpost #24583 of 5736412/29/15 at 12:08amQuote:Originally Posted by AlexJ1100
Just throwing this out there.... Would it be better to sell that sweater, then find another that truely fits? If its a nice name I'd hate to see it shrink too much(my mom does this for some of her crafts and its amazing how small they can shrink up) and then all you have is a ruined cashmere sweater that doesn't fit. But if its a no name that may not sell anyway then go for it.
But to actually address the questions, I've always heard block dry for a while then wear it when it is just lightly damp, to avoid shrinking too much.
My experience with hand-washing is, use tepid water with Woolite, and handle the item as little as possible. With cashmere, it's likely to go a bit fuzzy no matter how gently you handle it. I've hand-washed many wool coats and sweaters. I basically squash them around in my tub, flat-handed, and maybe swish them back and forth. No rubbing/friction. I have sweater-drying racks that I slant in the tub against the wall and "hang" the item on to let as much water drain out as possible before rolling in a towel. I stretch them out while quite damp and let them dry on the rack. Cool moving air (a fan blowing room temperature air) is okay. Heat is not your friend unless you want to shrink or felt wool, or turn a cashmere sweater into a puffball. Note: the only sweater I shrank so badly that it was destroyed beyond belief was made of chenille (not even wool or cashmere). That one said 'dry clean only' and I said 'Pff, I can hand-wash this.' I was wrong. I've never seen anything like it before or since.
I have heard that 90% of "dirt" comes out with plain water. The other 10%, hopefully, comes out with Woolite.post #24584 of 5736412/29/15 at 1:21am
A few recent finds with some questions for those in the know.
I'll begin with the Florsheim Imperial loafers.Florsheim Imperial (Click to show)
I was looking for cashmere scarves for the family when I bought this one based on this tag.
I didn't see this tag until I got home.100% Cashmere (Click to show)
I questioned the authenticity because of the one larger space between the letters, but the address seems to make sense and the colour, pattern and fringing are right. Any Londoners here to verify?
Found these two Canali ties but they have very different styling. Are both authentic but of different vintage or quality lines?Canali variants (Click to show)
And finally, my new favourite winter footwear. Def NA!Frye boots (Click to show)post #24585 of 5736412/29/15 at 2:58am
This is a shitty photo for thriftfit, as nothing shows, but here we go!
Jacket: oliver spencer donkey jacket ethrift ( the perfect jacket)
Crombie cashmere scarf (thrift)
Vintage fishermans cardigan (thrift)
Our legacy shirt (ethrift)
Fratelli Rosetti belt (thrift)
Gant rugger pants (thrift)
Red wing Iron Rangers (thrift)
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 31 seconds ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 15 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway