Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1612

post #24166 of 57794
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

@ejay1 thats just insanity. is any of it your size or is it all flip stuff?
This. Because let us know when it goes live. Congrats dude that's freaking awesome.
post #24167 of 57794
Morning and merry Christmas Eve's Eve.
post #24168 of 57794
Ejay1 that is the most gorgeous set of suits assembled from one location ever...nice haul. Great condition too.
post #24169 of 57794
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

@ejay1 thats just insanity. is any of it your size or is it all flip stuff?


A couple of them fit nicely as is and the others would need a little waist suppression. Plus the arms are pretty long. I have long arms but I might have to bring the sleeves up a tad. Not sure how that would look though with the functional cuffs.

post #24170 of 57794
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post


A couple of them fit nicely as is and the others would need a little waist suppression. Plus the arms are pretty long. I have long arms but I might have to bring the sleeves up a tad. Not sure how that would look though with the functional cuffs.

What size are we talking?
post #24171 of 57794
biggrin.gif YES what size are WE talking!?
post #24172 of 57794
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


What size are we talking?

They fit roughly as a US 44L, though the arms seem extra long

post #24173 of 57794
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
 

They fit roughly as a US 44L, though the arms seem extra long

post #24174 of 57794
Haha!

---

To my dearer and manlier colleagues: Last night I picked up a 48L, NWT navy 100% cashmere (LP fabric) overcoat, double breasted and branded for a local menswear shop called Mitchells. It's pristine as far as I can see. Up for trade, especially if you've got top end shoes.

Get @ me.
post #24175 of 57794
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillWork4Coffee View Post



Thank god I was alone in my car when I saw that gif as I completely lost the plot and had a laughing fit. Haha!
post #24176 of 57794
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Haha!

---

To my dearer and manlier colleagues: Last night I picked up a 48L, NWT navy 100% cashmere (LP fabric) overcoat, double breasted and branded for a local menswear shop called Mitchells. It's pristine as far as I can see. Up for trade, especially if you've got top end shoes.

Get @ me.
Mitchell's of Westport?
post #24177 of 57794

Getting the sleeves length adjusted on Surgeon Cuffs is difficult at best. I couldn't find a tailor that was willing to even try to adjust the sleeves on one of my suits. Has to be done at the shoulder. You might have better luck since you need shorter sleeves but your tailor will charge a buttload to do it!!

post #24178 of 57794
Panda bear is obviously not a 44L....lol.
post #24179 of 57794
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasd2 View Post

Getting the sleeves length adjusted on Surgeon Cuffs is difficult at best. I couldn't find a tailor that was willing to even try to adjust the sleeves on one of my suits. Has to be done at the shoulder. You might have better luck since you need shorter sleeves but your tailor will charge a buttload to do it!!

There is usually a little leeway on functional cuffs to take in depending on the button placement. I've had an inch taken at the cuff on a sport coat of mine. Any more though and yea it'd have to be done at the shoulder.
post #24180 of 57794
Huge shout out to my Secret Santa, the one and only Thrift Vader. Dude came through with some choice Japanese swag. Pics after the jump! (aka, when I've got some decent light, supposed to be 65 and rainy all day WTF?!?). icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)