Lol they should say "MADE IN U.S.A" stupid outsourcing is killing there brand.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 5:54 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1608post #24106 of 4750012/22/15 at 1:30pmpost #24107 of 4750012/22/15 at 1:34pmRight then, I finally got around to taking pictures of my recent pick ups. Nothing compared with some of you guys but I'm pleased with my lot all the same.
First, a lovely micro check CT weekend shirt. Looks unworn. Shame too big for me. Available.
Next...a GTi jacket. Perfect for the 17 year old, 1.1L Lupo-driving BAD BOI who wants to go faster. These are £ so bought it. VW official merch! Available (lol).
Shame this one isn't my size. Barbour dept B industry hooded cardigan. Olive green. XXL. Available. Thick and heavy as fuck.
I also picked up a Hackett brown moleskin jacket in XL but I left it in the car and I'm sat in my dressing now so no pic. No one in my village deserves to see my chest and legs poking out at this time of night.
Happy hunting fellas.
Edited by thebuddahman - 12/22/15 at 10:16pmpost #24108 of 4750012/22/15 at 1:59pmpost #24109 of 4750012/22/15 at 2:03pmQuote:
I'll take the risk and soak them, I guess. The tagged waist is so much smaller than the actual waist, I have to assume they're raw. Unless the tag is wrong....post #24110 of 4750012/22/15 at 2:17pm
Thank you so much to @capnwes for the Excellent Seam Store Photo Christmas Card! Very nice!
And a Big Thank you also to @SpooPoker for an very handsome and super nice Drakes Tie (custom made for Luxeswap) which arrived in a very fancy Box and Luxeswap ribbon!
That was very kind of Both of you!
Merry Christmas to you both AND to everyone on here!post #24111 of 4750012/22/15 at 2:21pmQuote:
Raw isn't the same thing as unsanforized denim just sayin.... If they've gone through the sanforization process, you'll get a little shrink out but mostly just starch. Soak em for 45 minutes completely submerged in a tub in the hottest possible water. Drain the tub, fill it again with the hottest possible water, and soak them for another 45. Hang to dry. You will have gotten practically all of the shrinkage out if you do this, its a method I've come to perfect. The only agitation is initial agitation that is very light to make sure there are no air bubbles or pockets in the jeans, besides that, weigh them down and don't touch them. Also be sure you don't put them on until they are 100% dry also.post #24112 of 4750012/22/15 at 2:23pmpost #24113 of 4750012/22/15 at 2:24pm
By your measurements, they are probably classic levis STF denim, which would mean they are raw unsanforized and they have to be soaked before you wear them. I don't recall if Levis really does the whole vanity sizing thing but I don't believe they do, which would be the only other reason for this sizing disparity.post #24114 of 4750012/22/15 at 2:32pmThanks to @capnwes for a wonderful holiday card, and for helping @HansderHund setup this years Thriftmas Exchange!
I was lucky enough to have @HansderHund as my secret Santa this year, and all I can say is wow!!! Got an awesome set of items including a superb cashmere scarf, tie, Saphir renovateur (which I'm very excited to try out!), and a Beretta jacket (and it fits)!! He also included a handwritten note which is always much appreciated! Already looking forward to next year!post #24115 of 4750012/22/15 at 2:41pmpost #24116 of 4750012/22/15 at 2:42pmpost #24117 of 4750012/22/15 at 2:50pmpost #24118 of 4750012/22/15 at 2:51pmpost #24119 of 4750012/22/15 at 2:52pmpost #24120 of 4750012/22/15 at 2:55pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 22 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › MA-1 Jackets Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 5 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › NWB G&G Mitchell Wingtips Midnight Blue Deco Last UK10E/US10-10.5D 15 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...