or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1606

post #24076 of 51470
Quote:
Originally Posted by impuntura View Post

Is Big Elephant a thing?
Looked it uo getting nada,maybe something obscure?


made in HK,and 35% cotton,65% poly

post #24077 of 51470
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

Got some editions to the Jompso reading list you guys should get up on if you haven't already. Purchase only after you own "Bespoke: The Men's Style of Savile Row," but it's a great book on the true British heritage brands like Barbour, Mackintosh, Dunhill, John Lobb and others, even covers Andersson Sheppard but the Bespoke book does so much more thoroughly. But great photographs, history, and inside knowledge and info on quality and craftsmanship and everything. If you're into British style and the history behind it like myself, it's a must.

 

 

SWD guys need this for sure, but everyone on here truly needs to read this. Details influential brands to trends, style, history back to the turn of the century, but overall just how Japan refused to let the art of crafting quality workwear die like America did in the 50s. I thought I knew a lot about Japanese SWD fashion and the obvious American/Americana inspiration behind it, but this author is amazing and really knows his shit. @barrelntrigger and @Thrift Vader get up on it, but i recommend all who love fashion and the history behind it.

 

 

 

Class dismissed.

 

On it!

post #24078 of 51470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letric View Post

Haven't been thrifting a ton lately, but I HAVE been finding a decent amount of cash in the pockets of shit. Love that feeling when you stick your hands in a pocket and feel that very distinct feeling of currency. sly.gif

Only yesterday I found someone's front door key in the pocket of a Lanvin jacket. Naturally I did what any decent human being would do and burgled his house.
post #24079 of 51470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letric View Post
 

Haven't been thrifting a ton lately, but I HAVE been finding a decent amount of cash in the pockets of shit. Love that feeling when you stick your hands in a pocket and feel that very distinct feeling of currency. :sly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbadgley84 View Post


When it's vintage items the paper I find is usually 1950's snot rags, has happened at least 5 times, happened to me on one item twice (left it and forgot about it until next time at the store when I fuckin checked again)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuddahman View Post


Only yesterday I found someone's front door key in the pocket of a Lanvin jacket. Naturally I did what any decent human being would do and burgled his house.

I've found all types of stuff, handkerchiefs (some obviously used), folded business papers, mail, notes, and yea a lot of cash as well, however business cards are probably the most prevalent for me and also happen to be my single handed favorite thrift pocket find of all time. This happened maybe three months ago but I found it so hilarious that I've kept them in a drawer.

 

First we have the firms owner Mr. Cottrell of MDC who specializes in Acquisitions and Business consulting. Nothing weird here, although that is a residential street so he does operate out of his home but nonetheless has his own business doing a normal profession.

 

 But behind that stack we had another business card stack of Mr Cottrell's, and apparently he is a Medium also. So not only will he consult you in business matters and specializes in business acquisitions, but he'll also read your tarot cards and tell you the future, or even conjure dead spirits as a medium and contact them for you. Offering breathing meditations and space clearings as well whatever that shit is.

 

A man of many talents.

post #24080 of 51470
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloRLOw View Post

made in HK,and 35% cotton,65% poly

So its a grail item then?
post #24081 of 51470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post
 

 

 

A man of many talents.

 

 

Sounds like you can add "Advertising Genius" to the list, right? 

post #24082 of 51470
Quote:
Originally Posted by impuntura View Post

Is Big Elephant a thing? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looked it uo getting nada,maybe something obscure?



Looks like a small brand from a mall in Taipei: https://www.facebook.com/pages/BIG-ELEPHANT%E6%9C%8D%E9%A3%BE/120723174682224

post #24083 of 51470
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadjeans View Post

Looks like a small brand from a mall in Taipei: https://www.facebook.com/pages/BIG-ELEPHANT%E6%9C%8D%E9%A3%BE/120723174682224

Lol i was being sarcastic
post #24084 of 51470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeare View Post
 

 

Sounds like you can add "Advertising Genius" to the list, right? 

I guess you could. Now the internet knows that when there in LA and need a Business consultant who also specializes in acquisitions and can also read tarot cards and tell your future as well as conjure the dead, that he is there man, and who wouldn't want that in their business consultant? Hiring someone to advise you on your entire livelihood who happens to also need a side career of convincing idiots that he can tell their futures by pulling cards from a deck at random and can also talk to dead people....foolproof decision.

post #24085 of 51470

Yo @timhortons, you alive dude?

post #24086 of 51470
So its going to be like that is it...



post #24087 of 51470

man i hate the idea of copping counterfeit:

 

quick stop and pop. still researching, will feel like a moron if this is fake lol but so far hardware all checks out and no dealkillers yet... happy to show the guts if anybody cares to chime in

 

EDIT: just found the date code and the last tumbler finds home. good times!


Edited by double00 - 12/22/15 at 10:42am
post #24088 of 51470

Best way to sale new low end blazers? 

 

I was at a local thrift super sale a few weekends ago where everything in the store was $3.  They normally don't have much in suits / jackets, but just as I walked in they rolled out a bunch of brand new blazers still with tags on them from Men's warehouse.  Some have "sample" written on the inside, but most don't.  They were all 42r my exact size and the wife and I was on our way to a party so I tried on a few and just decided to take them all and sale the duplicate coats or maybe give them away. 

 

I have about 10-12 jackets I want to sale, but can't find much on them online.  I don't know if they ever made full production or what, but they are all nice looking and 100% wool.  Should I try and sale them in a lot, auction, buy it now, or set a price?  Also what's a good way to ship a suit jacket.  I've sold things on ebay before, but never clothes.  Do I just include 42r or should I also measure each jacket?  Is there a sticky on how to measure and what to measure? 

 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

post #24089 of 51470
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
 

Best way to sale new low end blazers? 

 

I was at a local thrift super sale a few weekends ago where everything in the store was $3.  They normally don't have much in suits / jackets, but just as I walked in they rolled out a bunch of brand new blazers still with tags on them from Men's warehouse.  Some have "sample" written on the inside, but most don't.  They were all 42r my exact size and the wife and I was on our way to a party so I tried on a few and just decided to take them all and sale the duplicate coats or maybe give them away. 

 

I have about 10-12 jackets I want to sale, but can't find much on them online.  I don't know if they ever made full production or what, but they are all nice looking and 100% wool.  Should I try and sale them in a lot, auction, buy it now, or set a price?  Also what's a good way to ship a suit jacket.  I've sold things on ebay before, but never clothes.  Do I just include 42r or should I also measure each jacket?  Is there a sticky on how to measure and what to measure? 

 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

 

 

Try asking at this thread http://www.styleforum.net/t/309281/buying-and-selling-on-ebay-tips-tricks-problems-questions/25440_30and maybe post some pics

post #24090 of 51470
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post

man i hate the idea of copping counterfeit:



quick stop and pop. still researching, will feel like a moron if this is fake lol but so far hardware all checks out and no dealkillers yet... happy to show the guts if anybody cares to chime in

EDIT: just found the date code and the last tumbler finds home. good times!
Font is always a dead giveaway, also make sure the letters in the date code are the actual letters for the corresponding country it says it was made in. I found an amazing super fake Keepall a while back, looked amazing but the letters in the date code were for Spain and the bag said made in France in it
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)