I was in the BB store last weekend and could have sworn I saw something like that. Might have been the J Crew or vvines store but probably BB...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 3:56 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1602post #24016 of 5996312/21/15 at 2:09pmpost #24017 of 5996312/21/15 at 2:13pmQuote:
Every time I think I remember where I saw this someone mentions another store where I could have seen it. It's either Ralph Lauren or Brooks Bros but maybe J Crew. I give up.post #24018 of 5996312/21/15 at 2:19pmQuote:
Quoting myself from about 3 1/2 years ago when I was talking to someone else about real vs/ fake Ray-Bans and sunglasses in general:Quote:The Ray-Bans don't look terribly fake. Try gently scratching the Ray-Ban logo off with your fingernail. If it easily comes off, fake and if not, possibly real.
How do the hinges feel? Tight and well-made? Look at the nose piece...is there an RB engraved in the metal? Is there a model number under the nose bridge?
Some of mine aren't engraved at the nose bridge, but cheap sunglasses usually have some sort of spiral design where it is crimped to the nose pad.
Another tip off to higher quality/legit glasses are the hinges. Take a look at them on any pair of nice glasses and you'll often see a more complicated hinge mechanism. The cheaper the glasses, the flimsier/softer the hinges.
Whenever I pick up a pair of glasses that are either an unknown maker or suspected fake, I look at the following:
1. Nose pads: As I mentioned, cheap/knock-off glasses often lack a symbol or logo and instead opt for some generic pattern. Normally crimped metal to hold in place on cheap glasses.
2. Hinges: How far does it bend out and pop back in place? If there is a good spring to it, possibly higher quality.
3. Lenses: Knock it with your fingernail. Does it rattle? Is it obviously glass?
4. Weight: How heavy are they? In my experience, heavier glasses reinforce the idea of quality. Beyond weight, they're often balanced.
5. Added embellishments: Are they glued on or are they real screws that are added?
Of course there are plenty of exceptions to each of these such as titanium or rimless framers, prescription glass lenses in no name frames, etc. In all honesty, if I'm unsure I won't buy them or I'll throw them away. Fakes will sometimes have actual UV protection, but often they're just tinted lenses that allow your eyes to dilate and allow more harmful rays in. Not worth the risk in my opinion for a product that you can often find on sale for reasonable prices.post #24019 of 5996312/21/15 at 2:43pmpost #24020 of 5996312/21/15 at 2:46pmpost #24021 of 5996312/21/15 at 2:47pmpost #24022 of 5996312/21/15 at 2:49pmpost #24023 of 5996312/21/15 at 2:56pmpost #24024 of 5996312/21/15 at 2:59pmQuote:
I could have sworn I've seen one of those at Brooks Bros. That's my vote. Nice pick up!post #24025 of 5996312/21/15 at 3:01pmpost #24026 of 5996312/21/15 at 3:07pmpost #24027 of 5996312/21/15 at 3:07pmpost #24028 of 5996312/21/15 at 3:14pmpost #24029 of 5996312/21/15 at 3:24pmpost #24030 of 5996312/21/15 at 3:27pmQuote:
I know that feeling, this was almost the first thing I found today:
It's a cashmere belted robe, men's. Combed the store, more goodness followed, but nothing as nice as this.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
Currently, there are 1385 Active Users (316 Members and 1069 Guests)
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 8 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 7 minutes ago
- › Eidos 52/42 Off-White Shawl Dinner Jacket silk-linen SS17 NMWA 8 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 9 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...