or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1537

post #23041 of 51095
Thread Starter 
The week in review.

Enjoy your weekend fellas.











































































post #23042 of 51095

jeesh, nice week.

post #23043 of 51095
Frenchy left some meat on the bones for me













post #23044 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

How much can he bench and #doyouevenliftbro?

We works out with 240lbs--not max. Yes I do. He's a freaky geezer!
post #23045 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by borbor View Post
 

ran a few errands, stopped by one place.  a couple of interesting items among the other shit:

 

wilson and stafford driver cap -- avail (in 7 1/4)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

And this I have no fucking clue what it is.  I basically grabbed it because it was full silk.  Instincts lead me to wimmenz; but the buttons are how a man's blazer will be.  NA for now as I'm digging more info on it.   Judging from the lapel shape and gorge height (ie the height of the notch); if this was for a man, it definitely isn't recent. 

 

edit:  probably for a man, put it on a mannequin and no woman would fit those shoulders :crackup:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I have no clue what it is either!! Could you post a full picture?

post #23046 of 51095

lemme steam that shit first.  more wrinkles than a wet paper towel

post #23047 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by borbor View Post
 

And this I have no fucking clue what it is.  I basically grabbed it because it was full silk.  Instincts lead me to wimmenz; but the buttons are how a man's blazer will be.  NA for now as I'm digging more info on it.   Judging from the lapel shape and gorge height (ie the height of the notch); if this was for a man, it definitely isn't recent. 

 

edit:  probably for a man, put it on a mannequin and no woman would fit those shoulders :crackup:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I have a vintage Matsuda piece and the gorge on that blazer is ridiculously low. This shit is worth money. Kansai Yamamoto was a couture designer in the 80s and 90s out of Japan. Obviously this is a RTW piece, but it's vintage and probably gonna get you some solid coin, good instincts.

post #23048 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post

Dislike.

I got spoiled at the first couple I went to, walking out with Hermes, Stubbs & Wootton and such on the last day at 75% off. Not much since then. Hope to hit one tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor View Post

I have had MUCH better luck at estate sales than Thrifts lately. It's also a way sometimes to find things that are either never at the thrifts or when they are the thrift stores they sell instantly.

I'm thinking mostly of things like LeCreuset cookware, watches, jewelry, etc.

Around here, the competition at estate sales is just as tough as thrifts, if not worse. Le Creuset, Griswold, stereo equipment, obscure odds and ends don't last more than 15 minutes unless they're really buried. Saw a fight almost break out over some Griswold skillets this morning.

During the winter it gets worse because there are less sales so when one good one pops up, everyone goes to that one sale. In the summer when there are more, people spread out.

The day wasn't a total loss. Got frustrated and left the sale empty handed after about half an hour. Went to a thrift store nearby and struck out, so I decided to circle around and go back as the dust had probably settled and could look around without tripping over someone. Glad I did.

Found this beautiful 1930's claw-foot table in fantastic shape stashed in a corner, buried under a bunch of knick knacks and surrounded by boxes. Price? $24. Sure, why not. I'll find a place for it. Got it home and it works wonderfully in an area that I couldn't figure out what to do with since we bought our house 3 years ago.






On the way home, I stopped at the thrift where I had that shirt haul the other day and caught the tail end of the guy's sweaters. They may be scraps but I'm not gonna complain about a shawl collar Cucinelli or Inis Meain,



post #23049 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post
 

I have no clue what it is either!! Could you post a full picture?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post
 

I have a vintage Matsuda piece and the gorge on that blazer is ridiculously low. This shit is worth money. Kansai Yamamoto was a couture designer in the 80s and 90s out of Japan. Obviously this is a RTW piece, but it's vintage and probably gonna get you some solid coin, good instincts.

pics (pardon the white balance):

 

i can actually imagine a pimp with yakuza ties in the 80s would rock this in shinjuku all night yelling "bitch, where's my money at" :lol:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

post #23050 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by borbor View Post

pics (pardon the white balance):

i can actually imagine a pimp with yakuza ties in the 80s would rock this in shinjuku all night yelling "bitch, where's my money at" lol8%5B1%5D.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








That thing is badass
post #23051 of 51095

Hit Charlotte up today on a whim. Glad I did! Everything available.

 

Bizzocchi, Hermes, Paul Stuart, Burberry's, HF

 

 

St John's knit short sleeve sweater thing. My GF was so excited to find it so I wanted to post it!

 

 

NWT Lululemon cotton/poly tee(Medium), North Face Vaporwick top(Large)

 

 

Two vintage Champion ringer tees. Love these so much, just a little tight on me. May keep one, though!

 

 

 

Zegna Trofeo/Incotex(38, double pleats), Wallace & Barnes wool flat-fronts(32ish). W&B's are super textured wool.

 

 

NWT Acne's(30/32), The Jean Shop rocker fit(36)

 

 

POP! 3 Borrelli shirts. 2 are from the Royal Collection. All 17 necks.

 

 

So, I was leaving a store and saw this. It's like the most worthless of all things Hermes but it's real and practically NWB...so why not?

 

 

 

 

A fucking Hermes post-it note holder.

 

Also copped quite a few suits that I can't photograph due to no natural light. Just some fodder Southwick, HF stuff.

post #23052 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexco View Post
 

 

St John's knit short sleeve sweater thing. My GF was so excited to find it so I wanted to post it!

 

If your GF was that excited about this that you posted for her, I got some spots that would make her straight pass the fuck out. Racks for days. Get at me if she wants some. 

 

Edit: Also a Hermes post-it holder is probably one of the more baller accessories someone could own, never get rid of that. The most outrageously needless accessory that someone spent hundreds and hundreds for. Keep it for life.

post #23053 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post
 

If your GF was that excited about this that you posted for her, I got some spots that would make her straight pass the fuck out. Racks for days. Get at me if she wants some. 

 

Haha she'd never wear it. She says it's for old people(probably true), but that shit has mad resale. You just sitting on that?

post #23054 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexco View Post
 

 

Haha she'd never wear it. She says it's for old people(probably true), but that shit has mad resale. You just sitting on that?

I got access to a gold mine of the shit, mainline and couture.

post #23055 of 51095
@Nataku what size is the Cuci?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)