Record guys: Should I be hawking my wares on Discogs instead of ebay?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1530post #22936 of 5999612/10/15 at 12:07pmpost #22937 of 5999612/10/15 at 12:13pmQuote:
Someone was talking earlier in the thread about how Etsy is slower sales but a lot less punishment than eBay, I'd echo this sentiment for selling on Discogs. That said, the secret is out re: Discogs and there has been a noticeable uptick in dickheads the last couple years. Also there is a relatively high number of non-paying buyers, especially for international orders, about 10% in my experience. That said, I sell mostly punk and metal so maybe that attracts a higher percentage of flakes.post #22938 of 5999612/10/15 at 12:44pmpost #22939 of 5999612/10/15 at 1:08pmMy latest finds...(why does everything I find not fit me?!)
Gieves and Hawkes navy wool pinstripe blazer. Looks modern and don't even think it's been worn by the looks of it. Side vents, working cuff buttons. Would've been a pop but it's a 40 so it's reluctantly AVAILABLE. First Savile Row though. Long may it continue!
Picked up a sweet white/blue/pink stripe Hackett shirt. Made in UK. Looks new. 16" collar. Double cuffs. Available.
Also took a chance on these Adidas x Yohji Yamamoto high tops. UK 9. SW+D guys - is this a good pick up? I'm a CM guy so they won't be adorning my feet. Ebay says money but then I saw one of the DEATH METAL studs on the back is missing. No biggie. Available.
Also picked up a new coat for my daughter. Had fur on the hood and plaid lining, detachable booties and fold over cuffs. Fuck yeahhhh.
Edited by thebuddahman - 12/10/15 at 1:20pmpost #22940 of 5999612/10/15 at 1:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by thebuddahman
My latest finds...(why does everything I find not fit me?!)
Gieves and Hawkes navy wool pinstripe blazer. Looks modern and don't even think it's been worn by the looks of it. Side vents, working cuff buttons. Would've been a pop but it's a 40 so it's reluctantly AVAILABLE. First Savile Row though. Long may it continue! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not to kill your enthusiasm but that G&H is RTW made for a department store, not the true Savile Row bespoke. Also it's an orphan suit jacket, not a blazer...post #22941 of 5999612/10/15 at 1:19pmQuote:
Ahh shit. I was afraid of that. I convinced myself in the shop that it was a blazer. Trousers were nowhere to be seen. I already knew it wasn't top line G&H but still pleased to pick it up. I'll still make a bit of money on it I'm sure. Thanks for your advicepost #22942 of 5999612/10/15 at 1:22pmQuote:
Yea no worries, it happens. I did the same thing when starting our with an RLPL orphan and it ended up selling for one of the best things I've ever sold!
General rule of thumb is that pinstripes are almost never anything but suiting fabric (some SWD and modern lines have adopted them but true MC is 99% always suit).post #22943 of 5999612/10/15 at 1:22pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by div25sec9
...and for those who were looking into the Balmains for me, here's some more pics... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Im confident in saying those are real.Quote:post #22944 of 5999612/10/15 at 1:24pmQuote:
It won't be as easy as you think. General rule of thumb, never pick up pinstriped orphans unless it's something like Kiton. Gieves & Hawkes may be well known to us here but in general, is not an overall household name brand. Moving it won't be that easy, an orphan and pinstriped is definitely not gonna be.post #22945 of 5999612/10/15 at 1:25pmpost #22946 of 5999612/10/15 at 1:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by thebuddahman
Guys, what the hell is this?!
No other labels anywhere. Weighed a fucking ton. Had a belt and brown buttons. Too big for me (was a large). Only £5 but was pretty dirty in places. Should I have picked it up?! No offence to our Finnish brothers but they aren't famed for their leather jackets are they?
The light coming off the fibers makes it look like split cowhide and acrylic to me.
Edited by capnwes - 12/10/15 at 1:45pmpost #22947 of 5999612/10/15 at 1:32pmpost #22948 of 5999612/10/15 at 1:52pmpost #22949 of 5999612/10/15 at 2:06pm
Picks from a recent estate sale. Based on the rest of the things in the house the gentleman was military, lived in Russia and Germany at least, and liked airplanes. There were at least a hundred of these posters, mostly from airshows. I didn't have time to go through them all, I really would have loved to... Grabbed the first three that had eyecatching artwork. Really bummed I didn't get more. I doubt these are valuable, but I really like the style and the Hirshhorn is local to me. Now I need to find the wall space...post #22950 of 5999612/10/15 at 2:13pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 6 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 33 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Question about Yoox sizing 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...