or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1514

post #22696 of 51259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsticks View Post

Does saphir renovateur work well on Shell Cordovan or do I need something else? Oh and POP! Both on Alden and cordovan:))

Alden shell cordovan wingtips

 

renovateur indeed works on shell. 

 

that's basically all i use; renovateur and deerbone; and both are used sparingly.  

post #22697 of 51259
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post
 


Please tell me that you didn't wear a pair of Nike high tops with the bow tie. :crazy:

Na man, my 'business casual wardrobe isn't terrible'. I understand there's a time and place for sneakers ;)

post #22698 of 51259
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post

As expected, it was still at the store. lol Get at me, @noob15
, if you still want the lens. Not bad for $12. This fucker is brand new!



That's awesome, thanks so much, PM to follow.
post #22699 of 51259
Anybody want a proxy on some 9EE Lobb Prestige with trees? Consignment, pricy enough they aren't an autokop to flip (for me), but a dang good price for personal use. LMK.

7910FD4F-9B49-4AE0-8707-50EBEA2AA8B6.jpg1A486067-481A-4CA7-8211-C5AC90EFE1B8.jpg
post #22700 of 51259
Fun day out with my family today and got some thrift in as I'd hoped. Getting better at not picking up stuff for the sake of it (who knows if I'm passing on the right stuff or not. Still learning).

Thoughts on my pick ups would be appreciated. All available smile.gif

Brioni baby! Really pleased to pick this up as I've not seen any before now. Quality is stunning. Looks hardly worn. Sadly not my size. Pale pink, 16" collar.
774EB6A7-7410-46C5-9EBA-8AC0458795AE.jpg

Issey Miyake men. Black with white irregular stripes changing direction. Grandad collar. Hidden button placket and a sort of hidden front chest pocket. Size 2 (looks medium/small ish). Made in Japan. Fits me but not my style. This is money right?
A22FA561-0027-4F7F-B857-3643E9282051.jpg

Picked up some lovely Richard James Saville Row Mayfair wingtips. Pebble grain brown leather. Size 44 EU, 9.5 UK. Made in Italy. Hardly worn. Look in fantastic condition. Too big for me sadly.
4CCCB91F-844D-4815-ABC9-30B75BEBF5A9.jpg

Things I left on the rack that I'm doubting myself about:

Nice Daks navy and sky blue pinstripe jacket. Orphan though. Couldn't find the trousers anywhere. Slight rip in armpit lining.
Orvis shirt - did I dream it or are these a thing? Looked old.
Tommy Hilfiger denim. Have no clue if these are a thing or not. I passed anyway.

Enjoying playing the game fellas.
Edited by thebuddahman - 12/8/15 at 10:49pm
post #22701 of 51259
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuddahman View Post

Things I left on the rack that I'm doubting myself about:

Nice Daks navy and sky blue pinstripe jacket. Orphan though. Couldn't find the trousers anywhere. Slight rip in armpit lining.
Orvis shirt - did I dream it or are these a thing? Looked old.
Tommy Hilfiger denim. Have no clue if these are a thing or not. I passed anyway.

Enjoying playing the game fellas.

All great pickups! and good passes as well. you're definitely picking up and leaving the right things. 

post #22702 of 51259
Shoutout to bpk1 for an awesome trade. Netted some more Carreras to add to the collection. Thanks man!
post #22703 of 51259
Someone donated a bunch of Gitman bros ties to my local church shop. They charge 50 cents a tie which is sweet. Anyone know the difference between a regular Gitman bros tie and a Gitman gold tie?
post #22704 of 51259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

Anybody want a proxy on some 9EE Lobb Prestige with trees? Consignment, pricy enough they aren't an autokop to flip (for me), but a dang good price for personal use. LMK.

7910FD4F-9B49-4AE0-8707-50EBEA2AA8B6.jpg 

PM sent

post #22705 of 51259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanejosephxxx View Post

Someone donated a bunch of Gitman bros ties to my local church shop. They charge 50 cents a tie which is sweet. Anyone know the difference between a regular Gitman bros tie and a Gitman gold tie?

Other than Gold being marketed as a more "premium" line, I'm not sure. I once found a cache of new-with-tags Gitman and Gitman Gold shirts and couldn't discern a difference.

I have a crazy nice Oxxford tie made by Gitman Bros. In fact, there's a video floating around somewhere that shows ties being made in the Gitman factory for Oxxford.
post #22706 of 51259

Gitman just doesn't move for me. I see shitloads of it. However, I just leave it for someone who might want to have something nicer than Stafford.

post #22707 of 51259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetB View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanejosephxxx View Post

Someone donated a bunch of Gitman bros ties to my local church shop. They charge 50 cents a tie which is sweet. Anyone know the difference between a regular Gitman bros tie and a Gitman gold tie?

Other than Gold being marketed as a more "premium" line, I'm not sure. I once found a cache of new-with-tags Gitman and Gitman Gold shirts and couldn't discern a difference.

I have a crazy nice Oxxford tie made by Gitman Bros. In fact, there's a video floating around somewhere that shows ties being made in the Gitman factory for Oxxford.

I think the regular Gitman (do the ones you found have the green label?) are more youth oriented, and the Gold are more professional. *Should read regular = skinny, Gold = wider.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post
 

Gitman just doesn't move for me. I see shitloads of it. However, I just leave it for someone who might want to have something nicer than Stafford.

 

I buy their shirts for me when I find them in my size. I like the way they fit and how they are made, particularly the Gold. Also, I think they make for Kenneth Gordon because KG shirts have the exact same sizing labels, right down to the font.

post #22708 of 51259
Shout out to Spoo for helping me clean out my closet and make some sweet cash. nod[1].gif

Now i just have to get rid of the remaining 90% of my stuff shog[1].gif
post #22709 of 51259

My 1st Kiton!  Cash!!

 

 

 

 

 

post #22710 of 51259
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_machine View Post

Shout out to Spoo for helping me clean out my closet and make some sweet cash. nod[1].gif

Now i just have to get rid of the remaining 90% of my stuff shog[1].gif


It would seem that the first sentence would help you deal with the second sentence.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)