Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 9:28 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1510post #22636 of 5803312/7/15 at 4:13pmpost #22637 of 5803312/7/15 at 4:15pmpost #22638 of 5803312/7/15 at 4:20pmpost #22639 of 5803312/7/15 at 4:35pmpost #22640 of 5803312/7/15 at 4:46pmpost #22641 of 5803312/7/15 at 4:57pmpost #22642 of 5803312/7/15 at 5:04pmThread StarterQuote:
This is Long Island, don't forget.
Lawn Guy Landpost #22643 of 5803312/7/15 at 5:04pmThread Starterpost #22644 of 5803312/7/15 at 5:12pmThread Starterpost #22645 of 5803312/7/15 at 5:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine
Heh! Sounds exactly like my weekly Friday lunch when I lived in Chicago. Worked in the Hancock building, back in the good old days when we made more money than we could spend and lived simply...would go downstairs and check out the Paul Stuart shop, then around the corner to the Saloon steakhouse and order a big ol' steak, baked potato, salad, desert, have a beer and two cocktails, then go back to work just in time to leave for the day...then off to some downtown / Loop / Gold Coast bar to start the weekend proper.
Sorry this response is from 5 days ago, but I am catching up from the weekend. Your description sounds a lot like what I thought being a lawyer would be like.
I thought when I became a lawyer people were supposed to just start throwing money at me. After a few years I would buy the big house in the neighborhood, serve on lots of boards and go to Charity dinners and bid on luxury vacations. And I was supposed to have afternoons like you described where I would have three martini lunches with other lawyers and clients and work out all the details of the lawsuits so that everybody made money. I was supposed to play golf at least a couple times a week and smoke cigars at the exclusive club where the only women who were there were the super hot waitresses. I was supposed to act like I worked really hard, but really the secretaries and paralegals did all the work. I was just supposed to show up at Court in alligator shoes and well worn saddle leather briefcases and make a few jokes with the other side. Trials were supposed to take a couple of hours and I was supposed to ask a few questions that amazed the jury and I looked like a rock star and tried to act humble even though I knew I was God’s Gift to the law!
The reality sucks by comparison.post #22646 of 5803312/7/15 at 5:28pmQuote:
You got toughskins? I had the Montgomery Ward knockoffs of the toughskins and when I wore a hole in them, my mother ironed on those really dark patches, so it was really obvious!post #22647 of 5803312/7/15 at 5:38pmQuote:
Dude, she was wasting patches. Toughskins came with the triple reinforced knees. Seriously, you could go knee dragging on a motorcycle in those things and be protected.post #22648 of 5803312/7/15 at 5:40pm
Long day today. Hit some stores. Everything availble.
North Face poly tee(M), North Face cotton tee(M), vintage made in USA Hilfiger tee(L), vintage Nike ringer sweatshirt(L)
Patagonia full-zip fleece hoodie. Sooooooooooo soft.(Women's XS), Spyder full-zip fleece(L or XL)
Mountain Hard Wear rain jacket. Size L.
Dunno shit about these. Patagonia fleece pants? Size XL. Made in USA. Snap pockets and snaps at the ankles.
Patagonia Synchilla sweatshirt. Size L.
Reversible Patagonia jacket. Size M. Other side is a purple nylon.
Burberry trench. First one I've found, actually! Tag says 54L
Vintage Florsheim longwings. Shell, I think. Size 10C.post #22649 of 5803312/7/15 at 5:46pmpost #22650 of 5803312/7/15 at 6:05pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Any One for a Scotch? 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › NIB Junkard Berry Shell Cordovan Size 42 (US 9) 16 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 18 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...