or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1501

post #22501 of 51381
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post
 

just getting over a case of Thrift Bowel that kept me out of the shops for a week...

 

vintage woolrich guys, how did i do?

 

Post War 40's/early 50s or so.

post #22502 of 51381
Euuugghh that JCrew I thrifted WAS wimmenz after all. Shame as it fitted me lovely haha! Gave my wife a laugh anyway.
post #22503 of 51381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takai View Post

@TheNeedMachine
 

Popped down to ATL today, and only had enough time to hit Buckhead and Marshalls. Picked up a bag of goodies, but nothing compared to that LP. Though I did pick up one of those spiffy BBBF Tartan chesterfields along with a BBGF Hanger to go with it. 

Got to hang with @ReubenR
 for a minute and drop off some fun stuff in Athens though. 

I was contemplating hitting the Buckhead GW today - good to know that you already cleaned it out so I won't bother. Haven't been to the "good" Marshalls or TJX in ages. Would like to see a pic of that Chesterfield!
post #22504 of 51381
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post


I was contemplating hitting the Buckhead GW today - good to know that you already cleaned it out so I won't bother. Haven't been to the "good" Marshalls or TJX in ages. Would like to see a pic of that Chesterfield!

Likewise, I was planning originally to stay the night and hit the rest of the city this morning, but now Im glad I headed home. There were a couple of nice things at Marshalls, but nothing like when the last wave of BBBF/Rag and Bone stuff hit down there. Took me an hour or so to dig the coat up. 

post #22505 of 51381
Fyi, that Kit on was one of the 5% vicuna blends. Had a Bergdorf tag and now in the 50% off area of NMLC for about $1600. If I had about 5 grand I could seriously move my wardrobe forward at that store. However, I am happy with my Church's for under 10 bucks. And one other pop for me. N/A.

post #22506 of 51381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takai View Post
 

Likewise, I was planning originally to stay the night and hit the rest of the city this morning, but now Im glad I headed home. There were a couple of nice things at Marshalls, but nothing like when the last wave of BBBF/Rag and Bone stuff hit down there. Took me an hour or so to dig the coat up. 


Even when those two Marshalls stores get good stuff, at those prices, I'm mostly buying for personal use. Of course, there are the phantom "mistag" cases, but I don't think that's happened (at least to someone on here) for quite a while.

post #22507 of 51381
Quote:

Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post


You roll up to the Bronto Burger drive-in, the carhop hangs it on your car door, car flips over.

 

+10,000 thumbs

Expect a 10,000$ donation to those cats and dogs

post #22508 of 51381

Some stuff from yesterday. All available.

 

Some tees. North Face(M), Patagonia polyester(S), North Face womens(M), Patagonia(M). NWT Billy Reid Wynn Chinos. Size 38

 

 

J Crew Ludlow tuxedo jacket. Dual vents, etc. 40R.

 

 

 

 

Breuer, Talbott, 2 x Bosca belts.

 

post #22509 of 51381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofa View Post

Fyi, that Kit on was one of the 5% vicuna blends.

That's key info. With 5% I probably would have passed too, but @the2ndhandman if you're patient you can do better than what you're describing. If you need inventory to turn over constantly, well, that's another thing.

post #22510 of 51381
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFST View Post

I think the top is roman Emperor Vespasianus (Vespasian) and the ones below greek, looks ancient...

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Specifically, it appears to be a copy of https://www.vcoins.com/en/stores/herakles_numismatics/71/product/vespasian_judaea_capta_sestertius/476409/Default.aspx. Wish it was an original!

Later two I haven't had any luck identifying yet, may have to bring them in to a local coin gallery/expert to ID.

Want to thank @Cj52racers and @colorvision for awesome trades on that Marinella for Beretta tie, and the Borrelli suit!
post #22511 of 51381
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLjon View Post
 


Even when those two Marshalls stores get good stuff, at those prices, I'm mostly buying for personal use. Of course, there are the phantom "mistag" cases, but I don't think that's happened (at least to someone on here) for quite a while.

I think my 1500$ BBBF Cashmere funigan that I picked up last time I was down there for ~50 would count in that category, however that has been about a year ago I think? But I was definitely hoping for that coat for myself more than profit. BBGF Tuxes for 300 there as well though, which was tempting.

post #22512 of 51381
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post

I was contemplating hitting the Buckhead GW today - good to know that you already cleaned it out so I won't bother. Haven't been to the "good" Marshalls or TJX in ages. Would like to see a pic of that Chesterfield!
Likewise, was in the parking lot last night before close but wasn't feeling it. Piedmont wasn't horrible with ties, for the first time ever.
post #22513 of 51381
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2ndhandman View Post

30k for kiton vicuna hellllllll no. That is way over they only retail at like 7 to 10k max. That looks like there sales gimic patch wich is probably only 5% vicuna. They just start with a regular 75ook jacket then ad 2k for the 5% vicuna. The 30k to 75k are FULL vicuna. I think people have a misleading idea of what vicuna is really worth. These are mtm pieces only paid in advance. They only have so much made for them yearly and it is sold out before the fabric even arrives at the factory. These pieces aren't made for the regular market and you will never see them sitting at any kind of retail store. That's still steep at 1600 even if it is a mix and new. Kiton resale value has capped out I think on average a regular cashmere jackets are tapped out at 250 to 300. With a 6k average retail that's crap. I've sold brooks brothers suits for more than that and they only retail at 1500 max. Point being kiton is flooded in the market. Now @theneedmachine the Loro is way better than kiton its worth 4 used kiton jackets and it's just way better overall in my opinion. Kiton just doesn't have that zip it used to.
Just as a reference, I did see a kiton suit made of 97% vicuna and 3% silk in a LCNM for around $3500. The retail price was $32,000. This was about 2 years ago and I still wish I had been able to buy it... was too much for me at the time...
post #22514 of 51381
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpk1 View Post

Couple finds:
Calling on the coin experts here.. no clue what I've got (I think they're coins), but worth the gamble at under a dollar each:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



These two were converted into tie tacks...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Appreciate the help, as always!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFST View Post
 

I think the top is roman Emperor Vespasianus (Vespasian) and the ones below greek, looks ancient...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpk1 View Post


Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Specifically, it appears to be a copy of https://www.vcoins.com/en/stores/herakles_numismatics/71/product/vespasian_judaea_capta_sestertius/476409/Default.aspx. Wish it was an original!

Later two I haven't had any luck identifying yet, may have to bring them in to a local coin gallery/expert to ID.

Want to thank @Cj52racers and @colorvision for awesome trades on that Marinella for Beretta tie, and the Borrelli suit!

can confirm the second coins look greek. skeptical if real. but they look either repop, or polished. and damaged.  super cool if real. a metal test should let you know.

post #22515 of 51381
Oh snap!!!!



It's........it's a polo coat. 😵
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)