Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 2:28 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1500post #22487 of 5430212/5/15 at 8:02pmpost #22488 of 5430212/5/15 at 8:13pmQuote:
Leftovers for lunch today, even better the second go round.
I'll take every one of those if they're 10.5Quote:Originally Posted by Reosymes
Cool find from last week. Underpriced consignment. Anyone have any idea about what to call this jacket?Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Baller def. but also blouson, chore coat, work coatQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by dukedishin
I'd do it.
Huh, those sales are recent. Last time I checked I only saw them selling in the 700-1000 range, but those were used.
The thrift gods heard my plea for a RL flag sweater.
Then I found some good stuff. Pics tomorrow, maybe.post #22489 of 5430212/5/15 at 8:22pmpost #22490 of 5430212/5/15 at 8:24pmpost #22491 of 5430212/5/15 at 8:35pmpost #22492 of 5430212/5/15 at 9:00pm
Wow, some really nice items posted the last few pages. My finds in the last few days are not as nice as those but I thought they were good enough to share.
Hugo Boss bomber jacket.
AE Tribeca 71/2
Dack's made in England
Not sure if these are a thing or not FUSAI focus jeans 34x32
Tommy Bahama linen blazer, pockets still basted/sewn shut....the term is basted right?
evdvpost #22493 of 5430212/5/15 at 9:12pmpost #22494 of 5430212/5/15 at 9:21pmpost #22495 of 5430212/5/15 at 9:57pm
Wasn't going to post, but opened my e-thrift and it is ah-mazing.
Stupid effing potato pics don't do it justice.
Absolutely amazing LP 100% cash fabric, made by Caruso.
2 sizes too small (was listed as "I think it's a small")
Came GIFT WRAPPED with a nice thank you CARD. Odd, but thoughtful.
Then this, feels new, but it's made in HK and not Lands' End.
...and another vintage cotton SC
Tons of ties too, pretty sure I was in someone's wake. A lot of damaged stuff bundled together on the rack.post #22496 of 5430212/5/15 at 10:00pm30k for kiton vicuna hellllllll no. That is way over they only retail at like 7 to 10k max. That looks like there sales gimic patch wich is probably only 5% vicuna. They just start with a regular 75ook jacket then ad 2k for the 5% vicuna. The 30k to 75k are FULL vicuna. I think people have a misleading idea of what vicuna is really worth. These are mtm pieces only paid in advance. They only have so much made for them yearly and it is sold out before the fabric even arrives at the factory. These pieces aren't made for the regular market and you will never see them sitting at any kind of retail store. That's still steep at 1600 even if it is a mix and new. Kiton resale value has capped out I think on average a regular cashmere jackets are tapped out at 250 to 300. With a 6k average retail that's crap. I've sold brooks brothers suits for more than that and they only retail at 1500 max. Point being kiton is flooded in the market. Now @theneedmachine the Loro is way better than kiton its worth 4 used kiton jackets and it's just way better overall in my opinion. Kiton just doesn't have that zip it used to.post #22497 of 5430212/5/15 at 10:04pmpost #22498 of 5430212/5/15 at 10:16pmQuote:Kiton Talk (Click to show)
I agree that the name and presence of "Kiton" on the market isn't what it was 2-3 years ago even.
However, a really nice 100% Cashmere SC is still worth a bit more than 250-300 average like you say. I know you've had good experience selling them, but I'd put them more in the $450-500 range. I've sold a couple in that range, and the NWT Blue Windowpane I had recently sold privately for $1350. That was a Linen, Silk, Cashmere blend.
That Vicuna (most likely a blend) was super cool. If you were into that kind of pattern / color, and in the market for a Kiton SC... $1600 is a steal compared to $7900-9500 or whatever those cost. The most recent Kiton SC's I've known of were $6995 - 7195. A few years ago they were like $5495 - 5995, so they're definitely jacking prices up... but so is Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli, etc.post #22499 of 5430212/5/15 at 10:47pm@letric Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I'm not saying there all worth the 300 range but 300 to 400 is pushing it. Even the ones spoopoker has had recently haven't broke 300. I think recent zegna cashmere stuff is going for more. It really is all matching the pattern to the buyer that's drooling over it. But for the 1600 for that if you shopped well you could have 8 of them in your closet. I mean I remember when I was bidding against txwoodworker on the blue vicuna one he picked up last year. He got a great price on his I just wasn't going to go any higher. San Francisco ebay just sold two last week I was bidding on but but stopped at 150 to 250 a piece cause there not worth a dime more to me and they were going to be shot in the dark on there age i was just hoping they were going to be super recent but let them go over $5 .The brioni they had went for more. I'm just saying it's overrated to me anymore. I mean yes I will buy it if I find it but I don't get all excited about it anymore. I sold that 100% vicuna overcoat I had two years ago and it went for 725 and it was about 15 lbs of straight vicuna and paid 19.99 for it. I see people trying to get 750 to 1500 for used ones and they sit month after month unsold. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #22500 of 5430212/5/15 at 10:53pm
Popped down to ATL today, and only had enough time to hit Buckhead and Marshalls. Picked up a bag of goodies, but nothing compared to that LP. Though I did pick up one of those spiffy BBBF Tartan chesterfields along with a BBGF Hanger to go with it.
Got to hang with @ReubenR for a minute and drop off some fun stuff in Athens though.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 6 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones Dark Brown Shell Cordovan Radnor 1 minute ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 2 minutes ago
- › Real or fake 2 minutes ago
- › First nice pair of shoes 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Crispin's PC Boot, Shell Cordovan 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...