or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1485

post #22261 of 51333
Guys I need your help right now. I've just walked away from a beige 3 button linen jacket. Versace black and gold label 'made in Italy' on the lining. No other labels I can find. Buttons are a bit plain and seem cheap. Is it legit? Much demand? I can go out of my office and buy it in the next few hours if so. Thrift price.
Edited by thebuddahman - 12/3/15 at 5:39am
post #22262 of 51333

It's hard to say if authentic without pictures. (For me anyway) Demand isn't super high for something like that. Probably not worth leaving the office for, but if you want it for personal use great.

post #22263 of 51333
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhz5001 View Post

It's hard to say if authentic without pictures. (For me anyway) Demand isn't super high for something like that. Probably not worth leaving the office for, but if you want it for personal use great.

Thanks for your reply. Something seemed a bit off about it (buttons, no other labels anywhere...) and I'm trying my best to not overspend on things that won't sell. Just starting out in this thrifting game!

I did pick up a 3 button, SB, Navy jacket in Vitale Barberis Canonico cloth, and a thick Aquascutum double breasted navy jacket with gold buttons. Both available. Pics to follow. Hopefully they are decent buys
post #22264 of 51333

Mens or Womens? Any idea? Says Rage on the back

This is sick, Ermenegildo Zegna Cashmere Reversible Jacket

post #22265 of 51333
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuddahman View Post


Thanks for your reply. Something seemed a bit off about it (buttons, no other labels anywhere...) and I'm trying my best to not overspend on things that won't sell. Just starting out in this thrifting game!

I did pick up a 3 button, SB, Navy jacket in Vitale Barberis Canonico cloth, and a thick Aquascutum double breasted navy jacket with gold buttons. Both available. Pics to follow. Hopefully they are decent buys

That cloth can be found on many different garment brands. It comes on some Banana Republic, but also many other brands. The Aquascutum is average, but it's all a learning experience. I used to buy 99% average and still would if it was priced right. The best is when you find something you really like and appreciate. The money doesn't compensate that enjoyment. 

post #22266 of 51333
Holy shit customs.

And @Bpk1 the suitjacket fits great and hopefully the pants with some tailoring. Thank you thriftmaser!
Edited by Doomsticks - 12/3/15 at 8:10am
post #22267 of 51333
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhz5001 View Post

That cloth can be found on many different garment brands. It comes on some Banana Republic, but also many other brands. The Aquascutum is average, but it's all a learning experience. I used to buy 99% average and still would if it was priced right. The best is when you find something you really like and appreciate. The money doesn't compensate that enjoyment. 

Thanks, that's good advice. I'm really looking forward to finding things for me and hopefully things I can trade with people on here. Seems like a nice sense of community here!

Even if I break even in the jackets it's a learning experience as you say. At £6 and £7 respectively, I think I'm safe.
post #22268 of 51333

I need to thank @the2ndhandman  and  @GMMcL for some excellent trades. @GMMcL - the Orazio jacket is just amazing and will fit beautifully once I get the sleeves taken up - I hope your end worked out OK.  

post #22269 of 51333

Gift sent out this morning, cheers!

post #22270 of 51333

Re-packed my Thriftmas box, to make it more of a personal gift. than just a box of brands. going out soon, it will arrive before Thriftmas.

post #22271 of 51333

Beat to hell....oh well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minty Canali

 

 

 

NWT

 

 

 

Unicorn

 

 

 

Unicorn

 

 

post #22272 of 51333
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhz5001 View Post

A ton of win in there, but, of course, this is my fave.

post #22273 of 51333
Found a pair of Church's shoes today, but need a little help figuring out which model these are.
Black captoes. Polished binder leather with a combo leather and rubber sole.

I can decipher the lettering inside to see they are size 10.5 F on a 135 last, but beyond that I can't read the model name.
Any ideas?

Looks to be quite a wide looking shoe despite being an F fitting.







post #22274 of 51333

Size 40 Japanese denim dudes: in case you might be interested in this Eternal jacket listed over on AAAC:

 

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?57921-AAAC-Informal-Trad-Thrift-Store-Exchange&p=1749503#post1749503

post #22275 of 51333
Quote:
Originally Posted by FENWAY View Post

Fun outerwear label: Because it's There Seattle pullover anorak in large if anyone has a need

Check out the Japanese brand Mt Rainier Design, they've kind of co-opted the Because It's There logo and/or history (it's a bit unclear). Could be a good cross-brand flip though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)