Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:03 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1455post #21812 of 6024111/27/15 at 2:51pmpost #21813 of 6024111/27/15 at 2:53pmpost #21814 of 6024111/27/15 at 2:58pmpost #21815 of 6024111/27/15 at 2:58pmI was at the NMLC a few hours ago at Grapevine Mills. They have some amazing stuff, all the above listed by suited plus Kiton, Cuchinelli, Brioni. Unfortunately even in clearance that stuff is $1,000 to $3,000. Great stuff if you were looking to buy at that level and good selection. Some of it still has the Bergdorf original tagspost #21816 of 6024111/27/15 at 2:58pmQuote:
Thom Browne won't be designing for them anymore, not sure if they will hire another design or not. As for picking them up on clearance, I just got some stuff yesterday at 40% off. Resale value seems good though.post #21817 of 6024111/27/15 at 3:20pm
Alright, here's the story of this post. It'd have to be pretty damn good for 90 miles right?
A few months ago I found one of Les Wexner's Caraceni jackets.
No pants were ever found, but sold for about $300 so I was happy with it.
A few weeks later I made this post:Quote:Originally Posted by highvoltorb
This might be another Caraceni for Les Wexner. Tag was ripped out though so I can't tell. It's also an unvented orphan so I left it. Same level of detail, same size and same exact sleeve lining but I don't know if maybe this isn't just a common sleeve lining.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nobody answered, me but that probably worked out for the best. Last week I checked ebay, and I found that jacket, being sold from my city, listed as Caraceni. So I send the guy a message and we do some chatting. Turns out he's been looking for Wexner's stuff for year and he's found a good bit of it. He's noticed recently that whenever he finds it, the tags are almost always ripped out, and everything is orphaned. He told me he's found Caraceni, Rubinacci, and Anderson & Sheppard for him around here. And I said, Rubinacci? I thought that might also be his. I found this orphan last week:
The one thing I found very interesting was that this jacket, and the Caraceni appear to be made out of the exact same fabric.
Which would make a lot of sense I think, that someone as rich as him would stockpile fabric he likes and take it to whichever tailor he feels like at the time.
So then my new ebay friend shot back and said, "dude, I have the pants to that jacket, gimme a call." So I called him and we talked for a good hour about all the patterns and everything he's noticed about where and when he finds this stuff. He tells me that there's this one store about an hour south that he's never been to that he's 95% sure something has to be at. I told him I didn't have anything to do on Wednesday, and I lived a bit closer anyway, so I figured I'd check it out. He's got three orphaned jackets listed currently so I figured if I found something there, it would be a pair of pants.
Got there pretty early. It was half off day too so it was pretty busy. Decided to look at everything else first so if I was disappointed at least I would have something to make the trip worth it. A Charvet tie and some Ferragamo horsebit loafers did the trick. No jackets. On to the pants. He had sent me pictures of the linings I was supposed to look for to help me out. I swear I was just about finished looking at everything, when lo and behold, I spied a familiar name on a button.
Check his listings real quick, and it's a perfect match. So we met up today and made the trade. Real cool guy. Brought a suitcase full of different high end makers to show me the differences in construction in super high end suits. He was actually working on altering the Rubinacci pants, so we traded jackets instead of pants. Totally fine by me.
Worth the trip I think.
Edit: Extra weird part of this story in the spoiler.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Here is an old photo of Ferdinando Caraceni, who is sort of, kind of, not really related to the other Caraceni's, but he made some sweet suits too. Anyway, the guy was literally wearing that suit when I met him. Like that exact suit that in the picture below, that Ferdinando made for himself. He told me there was a picture of it online and I just found it. Bizarre.
Edited by highvoltorb - 11/27/15 at 3:57pmpost #21818 of 6024111/27/15 at 3:24pmpost #21819 of 6024111/27/15 at 3:28pmpost #21820 of 6024111/27/15 at 3:28pmpost #21821 of 6024111/27/15 at 3:41pmpost #21822 of 6024111/27/15 at 3:55pmpost #21823 of 6024111/27/15 at 3:58pmQuote:
If they've already been soaked before, you can just hand wash them. If not, I'd just say fuck it and wear them that way.post #21824 of 6024111/27/15 at 4:09pm
Hi there, posted my question in the new members thread for this week, however Murlsquirl said he isnt sure. He mentioned that I should ask my questions here, and hopefully someone could help with answers
2 quick questions on Brioni suits. Is there a difference between a Brioni suit and a Brioni made for (Neiman Marcus, Harry Rosen, whomever)
Saw few that say Tailored in Italy by Brioni for.... but not sure if they are as good as straight Brioni ones.
Also, what is a fair price for a used Brioni suit. I know it depends on variety of things. Looked on ebay at sold listings and noticed that prices are from $100-$600 for used suit. Is that a fair range?
Thanks for the helppost #21825 of 6024111/27/15 at 4:18pmQuote:
spot clean (water only) if possible. any minor transfer should be less noticeable than a mud stain. avoid soap if truly raw. $.02
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Sizes 42S and 46R █ DROP MAR 27 █ NWT Canali and Corneliani for... 35 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 1 minute ago
- › Size 40R --- Only 2 Left! █ DROP MAR 27 █ NWT Canali Suits and... 1 minute ago
- › Size 40S --- Only 1 Left! █ DROP MAR 27 █ NWT Canali Kei... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 9 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 10 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...