Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 7:40 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1420post #21286 of 5132311/21/15 at 7:55ampost #21287 of 5132311/21/15 at 8:01am
First Thanksgiving Dinner today at my aunts house.
SC- Thrifted VTG Grief
Shirt - Thrifted Bespoke, found a lot of 9 all a perfect fit. Fat neck, T-rex arms and Slimmer fitting.
Pants - J Crew Khakis, gift from @Snoogz
Shoes - Gordon Rush Double Monks, found yesterday
Socks - Thrifted Argyle
Cufflinks - Thrifted, Plain Stone
Watch - Thrifted
Belt/Buckle - Gift from @330CKpost #21288 of 5132311/21/15 at 8:09ampost #21289 of 5132311/21/15 at 8:27amI have a few PMs to answer and will be sure to get to them tonight.
I took the rare opportunity to pick up some American coins. I don't think they're anything terribly special, but where are my coin guys at to be certain? I paid less than face value, so I'm fine with it. Most are modern, but a few older ones in the mix.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #21290 of 5132311/21/15 at 8:31amQuote:Originally Posted by Jompso
Don't mean call this out or anything but those are photos are from this listing, an account barely in use....http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-Willis-Geiger-A-2-Brown-Leather-USA-Made-Bomber-Style-Jacket-Coat-46-XXL-/121819413797?hash=item1c5d00bd25:g:fPoAAOSwiwVWTlLJ ?
...Why you listing that under a different, rarely used account? Por que? (If you don't mind my curiosity)
the real question is why isn't it listed as goatskin?post #21291 of 5132311/21/15 at 9:08ampost #21292 of 5132311/21/15 at 9:13am
Don't know, but speaking of...about to toss this bad boy up and I definitely will not be omitting that detail. Vtg 90s Giorgio Armani Goatskin A-1 Bomber in absolute pristine condition (lining need a slight fix up, but the leather is fucking flawless)... fucking love this pick up, and it was in front of an LP Horsey and I was more stoked about this.post #21293 of 5132311/21/15 at 9:18ampost #21294 of 5132311/21/15 at 9:27amQuote:Originally Posted by the2ndhandman
There's alot of factors that go into picking the right base layers. How cold? How much movement you doing? How much do or easily do you sweat? I recommend arcteryx they have alot to choose from for the right setup. There website explains them thoroughly. Bonus is liftime garantee.
Temps would be 5-20 degrees, so nothing ridiculous. I don't sweat a lot, but there is a good amount of hiking around followed by long periods of sitting. I'll check out arcteryx and see if that's something that fits my needs. Thankspost #21295 of 5132311/21/15 at 9:49amQuote:
Think smartwool, icebreaker etc for next to skin. Naturally wicking and doesn't pick up body odor like synthetics. Actually, considering some of the prices for said brands on the secondary market, you can pick up some really good deals on wool socks and base layers from Costco and Sams Club if you go there at the right time. A four pack of Merino wool socks is usually around 15 bucks and will easily last two years for example.
If you have a military surplus store around you, check it out for some ECWCS. The recent stuff is pretty great, the waffle tops rule, even though they're synthetics, and if you're checking labels on the level V and up stuff, a lot of the early items were made by Patagonia and Wild Things and are awesome. The ADS stuff is ok, but not quite up to the same build standards. Patagonia also makes a more specialized line for SOCOM so keep an eye out for that as well.post #21296 of 5132311/21/15 at 10:38ampost #21297 of 5132311/21/15 at 10:41ampost #21298 of 5132311/21/15 at 10:46amQuote:Quote:
For temps in the 5-20 range, and relative low-output activities, merino wool and merino wool blends cannot be beat for baselayers. In my experience, for higher output activities, Capilene and polypro are better.
Do yourself a favor and skip Arc'teryx. They do not make a quality product. They are a fashion brand. For actual outdoors pursuits, you want stuff that is built to withstand nature. Stick to baselayers made by Voormi, Patagonia and Ibex (Icebreakers is good as well, and can be had cheap from Sierra Trading Post).
Assuming you want something in earthtones or even camo, Voormi makes some really amazing baselayers. Their quality control is like nothing I've ever seen before.
My single favorite baselayer piece is my Merino 2 short sleeve shirt from Patagonia. That stuff is just amazing...post #21299 of 5132311/21/15 at 10:50ampost #21300 of 5132311/21/15 at 11:28am
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › NWOB Crocket Jones Hartland Suede Unlined Chukka 8D UK / 9D US 35 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › RL x CJ Marlow Penny Swap my 9.5 for your 10 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...