Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 2:31 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1405post #21061 of 6012911/18/15 at 6:06pmThread Starterpost #21062 of 6012911/18/15 at 6:13pmpost #21063 of 6012911/18/15 at 6:20pmpost #21064 of 6012911/18/15 at 6:26pmpost #21065 of 6012911/18/15 at 6:56pmpost #21066 of 6012911/18/15 at 7:17pmpost #21067 of 6012911/18/15 at 7:19pmpost #21068 of 6012911/18/15 at 7:22pmpost #21069 of 6012911/18/15 at 7:29pm
Hey, I think I actually did good for once today. Haven't found much in a week or two, so I hit some stores in a part of the part of the city I live in that I never hit. Apologies in advance for the poor lighting and picture quality, I need to figure out a space where I can get better shots. Available unless stated otherwise.
First, a sweater. Turtleneck w/ zipper on collar, merino.
Moving along, this one seemed interesting. She-sweater
Brooks blazer, no other labels, N/A
Full Jil Sander suit, 54L (44L), near pristine condition. Was this worth it for $30? I know the brand is higher end, but not something I see or hear about.
Full suit, has Zegna cloth label, white pocket label says Zegna super 180s. No other tags N/A
D&G, not sure if it's a blazer or an orphan. Didn't see any pants or label that indicates that it would be a suit, so prob the former. N/A
label pic came out blurry
These bad boys, 9M near pristine condition. Might be the nicest condition shoes that weren't completely new that i've seen at one of these stores to date. Inside of the shoes say Ceasre Veni, and the leather is decent quality. bottom of soles say vero cuoio vera pelle.
Then, BONUS! I hit another goodwill that was right in the same area on the way back real quickly. Grabbed some shirts, and a blazer I saw that was about 12 bucks, and said "pure cashmere", without paying much attention to the labels and tags until I got home.
Good shit? Picture doesn't do it justice.
About $170 spent, total. Got a few decent things and 1 or 2 homeruns maybe? I dunno. I still don't have 100% confidence in what I buy, as a rookie.post #21070 of 6012911/18/15 at 7:31pmpost #21071 of 6012911/18/15 at 7:33pmQuote:
He should have no issues selling that suit for 3x what he paid as long as it's in good condition. I'd say good buy.post #21072 of 6012911/18/15 at 7:35pmQuote:
Well, I know a men's boutique nearby that I see the brand at a lot, priced much higher than I would want to pay for a secondhand article of clothing unless it was like a grail. They do trade-ins, so that was the logic behind picking it up. If they give me even 50% of what I think they would flip it for in credit, it will pay off huge.post #21073 of 6012911/18/15 at 9:04pmpost #21074 of 6012911/18/15 at 9:12pmpost #21075 of 6012911/18/15 at 9:15pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 9 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 13 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...