What an awesome book! That would be an @Fueco Thriftmas stocking stuffer.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 5:39 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1387post #20791 of 5780111/15/15 at 9:49pmpost #20792 of 5780111/15/15 at 10:08pmQuote:It's a pretty cool book. I have a weak spot for 1950 shirts but as most collectors will say is has to be 1947 to 1958 or there not worth crap. It covers everyting. It covers prints as well and alot of just history of the Hawaiian shirt designs. These are the big money like 5k and up 1950's hand painted good luck there as rare as 1940 levis nwt.Originally Posted by drlivingston
What an awesome book! That would be an @Fueco
Thriftmas stocking stuffer.post #20793 of 5780111/15/15 at 10:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by highvoltorb
Patagonia USA pop. What would you call this @Fueco, a fleece chore coat? I really like the buttons.
Something like that... I don't recall that model, Is there a style/model number on the tag? Patagonia normally has a year/season code on the tag as well. I've seen those buttons on early 2000s Patagonia (I think 2000/20001 range, and the fact that your fleece is made in America would definitely put it at pre-2002 or so. I haven't seen my Patagonia catalog collection since we moved, otherwise, I would go look to see if I can find that.post #20794 of 5780111/15/15 at 10:17pmpost #20795 of 5780111/15/15 at 10:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by the2ndhandman
I suggest getting this book it helped me learn the labels.
It even covers the buttons
That and the most valuable ones have like a selvedge edge for the maker and print like this normaly on the right side lower behind the buttons. The Shaheen seen here is one and kahanamoku are the most desired.
The best I've come across was a 1950s Kamehameha shirt. I wonder if my wife will kill me if I hit the thrifts in Honolulu next month scouring them for old aloha shirts?
That's an awesome book. I had it checked out from the library for something like 3 months a couple of years ago.post #20796 of 5780111/15/15 at 10:22pmpost #20797 of 5780111/15/15 at 10:23pmQuote:
Very true. But there is a shop in Honolulu that specializes in the vintage shirts. I really want to check it out. We're only going to be there for a couple of days visiting friends, so I may not have much time to sneak out.
Edit: I just checked, and the shop is only 1.5 miles from our friends' place.
Edited by Fueco - 11/15/15 at 10:37pmpost #20798 of 5780111/15/15 at 10:28pmpost #20799 of 5780111/15/15 at 11:06pmOriginally Posted by embloom3 View Post
Hi, I wanted to find out if anyone can give me some information on this jacket.It's a Ralph Lauren Blue Label Signature, made in the U.S. I want to sell it, but have no idea regarding price. I'm not trying to sell it in this post, just need info.
I apologize about the lighting in the picture. The jacket is charcoal gray, and it is fully lined. For some reason it does not have a size tag anywhere. Also, there is a small slit on the collar that is about 1/2" long that is very difficult to see. I have included a close-up picture of it with a circle around it. The measurements are as follows:
Chest - 49"
Waist - 44"
Shoulder Width - 22"
Jacket Length - 30.5"
Sleeve Length - 24"
Thanks so much in advance.
image.jpeg 1153k .jpeg file image.jpeg 1498k .jpeg file image.jpeg 2072k .jpeg file image.jpeg 1588k .jpeg file image.jpeg 1712k .jpeg file image.jpeg 1600k .jpeg file
Elizabethpost #20800 of 5780111/15/15 at 11:22pmpost #20801 of 5780111/16/15 at 1:55amQuote:Originally Posted by turkey_sandwich
Any of you guys ever come across Atlantic Works shoes? Apparently made in Maine, supposedly by Rancourt. I found a pair made for Beams (Japanese store -- I think someone mentioned it the other day) -- @Thrift Vader, maybe?)... Anybody know for sure who makes these? Tater pics for now, better pics tomorrow once I clean them up a bit and have better light.
Yeah, Beams has their higher tier stuff, or special ranges made buy 3rd party companies. to make their goods more diverse, and desirable.post #20802 of 5780111/16/15 at 4:03ampost #20803 of 5780111/16/15 at 4:26ampost #20804 of 5780111/16/15 at 4:40ampost #20805 of 5780111/16/15 at 5:20am
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › BNIB Edward Green Malvern (size 7.5/8) 202 last 1 minute ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Patagonia 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › *MORE PRICE DROP* DE PETRILLO NAPOLI DARK BROWN FLANNEL SPORT COAT... 16 minutes ago
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 23 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...