Anyone else tempted to put something like a Mossimo shirt front and center so your thriftsmasee gets nervous when they open it? Or send a package full of crap one day early?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 3:17 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1355post #20312 of 5501511/11/15 at 1:18pmQuote:
The following is just my opinion so FWIW.
Look at what Omega pocket watches are bringing on the bay. The market has been flooded with fakes from eastern Europe. Unless it's solid gold, I don't think you'll make your money back. I'd stay away from pocket watches unless they're a really rare or famous brand and a desirable movement. The engraving on the back, while nice just brings the price that you can get for it down. All this is not applicable if its for yourself of course.
And again, I really love Omega and their movements. It's an under appreciated brand that Swatch has not marketed as well as they should have. That's starting to change and they're bringing some really nice models to the table and kicking up their marketing and pricing strategy game up. I'd say that's why the used prices on their vintage wrist watches have started going up. Way too many private sellers and thrift stores price swiss watches based on some perceived idea they have because of name recognition, that's why the price on the watch you saw was so high. I personally would not be interested in that unless you got it for at most a franklin.post #20313 of 5501511/11/15 at 1:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Letric
We have ties.
In this closet there are 30 boxes. Each contains 60-80 ties.
Top layer of one of the better boxes.
In my workshop there are another 4 boxes, including 1 box of pure NWT Zegnas.
These are all mostly resale ties. Mostly true thrift, some discounted. And I haven't even photographed my personal collection.post #20314 of 5501511/11/15 at 1:45pmpost #20315 of 5501511/11/15 at 1:45pmQuote:
Nope, my "thriftsmasee" is getting exactly what he asked for front. It just might be fake.post #20316 of 5501511/11/15 at 1:50pmpost #20317 of 5501511/11/15 at 1:58pmpost #20318 of 5501511/11/15 at 2:04pm
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Awesome Polo madras I found
Seriously, though. $1200? Ten people actually watching? What gives?post #20319 of 5501511/11/15 at 2:09pmpost #20320 of 5501511/11/15 at 2:15pmpost #20321 of 5501511/11/15 at 2:17pmpost #20322 of 5501511/11/15 at 2:30pmpost #20323 of 5501511/11/15 at 2:33pmpost #20324 of 5501511/11/15 at 2:41pm
i trust you're joking. a quick search for ties on the largest online auction house turns up 526,000 returns. a few more ain't gonna matter.post #20325 of 5501511/11/15 at 2:44pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › 10.5D C&J for Polo "Marlow" Brown Shell Cordovan Tassel Loafers 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 2 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › 10D C&J for Polo "Marlow" Brown Shell Cordovan Penny Loafers 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...