This a thing?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 2:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1328post #19907 of 5097811/8/15 at 8:28amThread Starterpost #19908 of 5097811/8/15 at 8:52ampost #19909 of 5097811/8/15 at 9:01ampost #19910 of 5097811/8/15 at 9:04amTo whoever got me for the gift exchange (Click to show)
Like most here, I'll appreciate anything I get really.
If you are in the hunt for me though I lean more towards the SWD/Workwear side.
I'm currently searching for some casual belts(36) that work with chinos and denim. Some good chinos or denim for said belt as well...
Cheap beater watches or boots/casual shoes are on my radar too.
If you can't find anything I'd love for some of your local stuff. (coffee booze knick knacks etc.)
Cheers.post #19911 of 5097811/8/15 at 9:04ampost #19912 of 5097811/8/15 at 9:08ampost #19913 of 5097811/8/15 at 9:20ampost #19914 of 5097811/8/15 at 9:24ampost #19915 of 5097811/8/15 at 9:25ampost #19916 of 5097811/8/15 at 9:25ampost #19917 of 5097811/8/15 at 9:40ampost #19918 of 5097811/8/15 at 9:56amQuote:Originally Posted by the2ndhandman
@cadmonkey Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)no its a 50th that's the one you want. There very hard to come by I haven't seen one for sale since I got mine about three years ago. (And I paid up for it online) as I had to fight over it. There desirable good find.
Nice! Any chance you can snap a picture of yours?post #19919 of 5097811/8/15 at 9:57ampost #19920 of 5097811/8/15 at 10:14amQuote:Originally Posted by Lirum
Who thrifts in Raleigh? Got out for the first time in several months now that my semester is on and was sorely dissapointed. I figured I'd have several duds making the rounds for the first time, but I hit eight stores and my best find was a tweed Gieves & Hawkes. Didn't get to all of the Raleigh area, only had time for central + NE Raleigh today, but damn. I make the full rounds in my little mountain town and come back with at least 1 bread/butter piece and a tie on a poor day.
I used to go out every day and hit 2-3 stores but now I'm only hitting stores opportunistically. That is, if I have to go by for another reason.
We are in an area where there is only one store in a hundred mile radius that sells Kiton. I think 2 stores sell Aldens. Most of the grail brands I had never seen unitl I started shopping out of town in 2012.
I think I went 3 months without buying anything until I found a 3 piece BB Lardini suit. There just isn't a ton of accumulated quality items hitting stores. I don't remember buying a tie here since March.
We have a group of African guys who hit the stores for shoes. Morning and afternoon. I see one them practically everytime I am out. Then there are about a dozen regular faces combing the menswear. Plus, they staff down the goodwills at 5 and they only have 2 people working, so if they're busy, they don't have time to put anything else out.
That said, there are a couple of church thrifts near country clubs that have a ton of transplants. They get some good stuff, but it goes quickly if it makes it to the floor at all. Many of the retirees who work there are from New York and they know a Kiton when they see it and they pull those to sell on-line.
I travel a lot in my job and most of my backlog is from DC area stores. Some from Chicago, Dallas, Phoenix, San Jose. No where here is going to match the 7000 items per day that a big Savers in DC is putting out.
But you can find really nice things here. If you're doing it full time and hitting 10-15 stores a day, you'll find it. If you're going after work and you find something, its because they just put it out or someone else missed it. Buts its all about timing.
Now that I think of it, this isn't so different from other mid-market cities.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › G&G Regent GG06, Espresso Calf, 5.5UK $490 OBO 1 minute ago
- › G&G Rothschild DG70, Vintage Chestnut, 5.5UK $490 OBO 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 17 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 19 minutes ago
- › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread 21 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 23 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 24 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway