Are you staying at the Grand Budapest Hotel?!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 9:30 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1308post #19606 of 5109511/5/15 at 9:12ampost #19607 of 5109511/5/15 at 9:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Letric
This is very true with women also. I've learned that the hard way in the past 3-4 months. Hurts to see that "Hermes Tie" walk away, but somewhere down the road there is an even better Hermes, or maybe an EG Cappelli or Marinella.
Besides... in hindsight, that first Hermes Tie was crazy anyways.
As a man, which I assume most of us are, you gotta love this!!!post #19608 of 5109511/5/15 at 9:13ampost #19609 of 5109511/5/15 at 9:39amQuote:
Yes. I'm also holding off posting some cool stuff in case I decide to send it to my thriftsmasee. Thriftsmasee probably isn't going to catch on right?post #19610 of 5109511/5/15 at 9:51am
Went out this morning for the first time in ~2 weeks. All available, per usual.
Tyrwhitt tailored fit 15.5/35, Pringle cashmere v-neck(46"), Mountain Hardwear made in USA long sleeve and Mountain Hardwear fleece pants. Both size L.
Lululemon women's scuba hoodie. Size M. Needs a washing but whatever.
Beater Florsheim shells. 8.5D. Available for cheap since they're not in the best shape.
Apparently the guy who donated the AE's really liked AE chesters.
AE McCallister size 13C, black.
3x AE Chester size 13C. All different colors.
My favorite find of the day tho?
Aquascutum pure silk belted trench. Probably a 44-46 judging by fit on me. So baller.post #19611 of 5109511/5/15 at 10:17am
A few more things from earlier this week...
Sequel Polartec 200 fleece (made by Native Americans in Durango, CO) -Medium
Sequel Polartec 200 fleece (Large)
J.Crew Lightweight Shirt (large)
J.Crew Lightweight Shirt (Large)
Made in Hawaii (Medium)
Two of my most favorite Tori Richard shirts (Medium and Large)
Specialized cycling jersey (Medium)
CW-X Cycling Jersey (XL)
Primal American Flyer Jersey (Medium)
John Varvatos (Large)
Been had sexiness (42R)
Vintage North Face fleece (Medium)
Insulated Woolrich Coat (Large)
Serac windbreaker anorak (Medium)
REI Midweight Fleece (Large)
LL Bean 60/40 (Large)
Orvis Zambezi Twill (46)post #19612 of 5109511/5/15 at 10:36ampost #19613 of 5109511/5/15 at 10:40ampost #19614 of 5109511/5/15 at 10:58am
RE: Gift exchange. This is my first year so I've been going back and reading posts to see what I can figure out. I have some ideas. I'm going to attempt to make one thing. Wish me luck.Hello. I feel like I don't post a lot of clues as to what I'm into. Sorry bout that. Basically, I wear casual button down shirts(regular medium/slim large in the standard J Crew/mall sizes)/sweaters/jackets/jeans or slim chinos/boots most of the time. My sweater game is weak right now as some fawking moths ate my favorite two sweaters from last year. Also, I think I'm solidly a 34 waist now so all of my 33 pants are just hanging out until I get my ass back to the gym. If you could find a Beavis & Butthead 'Tommy Pullmyfinger' shirt, I would wear it. I also wear CM stuff and appreciate the hell out of it, i just have less excuses to wear it. I sell stuff on eBay too so if you run out of time, i'm a-okay with some fodder. Hope this helps if you were having trouble. NOW YOU BETTER IMPRESS ME. jklolpost #19615 of 5109511/5/15 at 11:03amQuote:
Once upon a time in a different era of SF's life, those were unaffectionately referred to as band-aid colored shoes.Quote:Originally Posted by richnet12
Posted by Nobleprofessor: I have no idea what to get my ThiftChristmas person. For those that have done this before, do you just guess about what they might like or send them something that can flip?
Suggestions: Perhaps look at all of the persons posts and see what they comment on? Punt and send ties?Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by Thrift Vader
@Mr G from SD
what size are those Jordan's?
Gift exchange? my dude is gonna Thank the Thrift Gods............Quote:
Yep...and this is as good a time as any for one more reminder to
UPDATE YOUR DANG PROFILES WITH YOUR SIZES AND WANTS, GUYS!!post #19616 of 5109511/5/15 at 11:06amQuote:
No shit... I had to search through about the last 500 posts just to piece together a basic idea of size. Hopefully the stuff fits.post #19617 of 5109511/5/15 at 11:12ampost #19618 of 5109511/5/15 at 11:13amQuote:
I find these '90s REI fleeces everywhere in the Pacific Northwest.
Worth picking up? Flippable? For the most part I've thought of them to be kind of a bad transitionary period between the great `70s-era technical clothing and the modern stuff.post #19619 of 5109511/5/15 at 11:15amQuote:
I kind of like them... They remind me of the time when I worked at REI (95-97) with the THAW numbers and color codes. They were generally well made, and hold up reasonably well. The fit leaves something to be desired. By the way, my mannequin is a 1990s REI model. I think the newer ones they have in stores are stick figures like the hipsters they're trying to sell to these days.They don't sell for much, but if you can get them super cheap and they're in excellent condition, I'd pick them up. Also, the print patterns are desired by some (see the first of the two Sequel fleeces I posted above.post #19620 of 5109511/5/15 at 11:44am
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › W.W. Chan Bespoke Herringbone Suit -- Approximately 38S 7 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 7 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › ETON OXFORD SHIRT 39/15.5 · CHARCOAL/WHITE · MINT 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 10 minutes ago
- › BNIB Gaziano Girling Wigmore Vintage Oak/Mole Suede Size 8E UK 11 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway