Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 5:25 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1290post #19336 of 5102311/3/15 at 9:58ampost #19337 of 5102311/3/15 at 10:14ampost #19338 of 5102311/3/15 at 10:19ampost #19339 of 5102311/3/15 at 10:34am
Hey! I'm looking for something for my father for Christmas. I'd love to get him something in the style of Frederick Remington. If you run into something like this while you are out and about, please let me know as I'd be happy to proxy. Doesn't have to be the real deal, just a reasonable facsimile would be fine.
Examples:post #19340 of 5102311/3/15 at 10:49ampost #19341 of 5102311/3/15 at 11:03ampost #19342 of 5102311/3/15 at 11:19ampost #19343 of 5102311/3/15 at 11:26ampost #19344 of 5102311/3/15 at 11:31am
Dude, I'll just tell you now, if you keep doing this, people are going to get pissed. There are two ways to figure out what is "desirable" or valuable in terms of ROI. 1. Read as much of this thread (and the older archived one) as you can. 2) download the eBay app, and use the search function, refine the field of return to "sold" items only.
But if you keep popping in to say, "Is this any good" people will get tired of it. it's okay to do that every once in a while once you've proved you know your shit, but just using the thread as a way to figure out how to make money, that's kind of a no-no.
Now, if you aren't worried about eBay, and you are just buying for yourself, I'd say buy what you like and what fits. don't worry about whether or not we like it. If you want to know you are getting quality, stick to the well-known English (Churches, Crockett & Jones, Alfred Sargent, Edward Green), Italian (Bunches), and American (Alden, Allen Edmonds, Rancourt, maybe Footjoy and Hanover's older stuff) makers.
If you are trying to figure our what is in style, I'd say stick to the classics. Longwings, Split toes, Cap toes, Wingtips, Brogues, Pennies, Tassel Apron Toes, Drivers. Those never go out of style. Better yet, go to the high end stores and see what they are selling both in terms of brands and styles. Go to Brooks Brothers, Allen Edmonds, Alden if you have one available to you, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue.
Quote:post #19345 of 5102311/3/15 at 11:34ampost #19346 of 5102311/3/15 at 11:44ampost #19347 of 5102311/3/15 at 11:46ampost #19348 of 5102311/3/15 at 11:51ampost #19349 of 5102311/3/15 at 11:56ampost #19350 of 5102311/3/15 at 12:21pm
Flippy talk (Click to show)
Believe it or not, the Cole Haan Bragano series has somewhat of a following. I usually get between $30-50 for them. I never buy them at consignment stores. But, they bring good margin if you can get them at true thrift pricing.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 seconds ago
- › The 'Best Of' Friday Challenges 2016 47 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 10 minutes ago
- › FS: Perfect Navy Blazer! NWT Sartorial Saint Andrews 46 8R (Free... 12 minutes ago
- › Henry Blake Watches - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway