i've got a feeling it's easier to true thrift Row tailoring in certain areas in the US than in UK charity shops
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 10:54 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1271post #19051 of 5144810/31/15 at 8:07ampost #19052 of 5144810/31/15 at 8:13am
@Versace Guy for the record, Indianapolis and the surrounding area sucks for thrifting. Carmel is probably okay, but @Cj52racers works his butt off to cover that area and the pickings are already very slim.
Midwesterners just don't know how to dress. (disclaimer: born and raised in central Illinois)post #19053 of 5144810/31/15 at 8:36amQuote:post #19054 of 5144810/31/15 at 8:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Odradek
New & Lingwood grenadine tie, and a Vineyard Vines one from The Meadow Club of Southampton, Long Island.
Vineyard Vines seem pretty unknown here in England.
Then, this morning I went to the Sue Ryder sale in Nettlebed, and came home with some great ties.
And in a further stroke of good luck, I spotted these old Church shoe trees when heading out the door.
The woman hadn't got change to break a 20 so just let me have them for nothing.
Nice stuff - were the e-thrifted ties from the dickie bow guy? I got 2 from him this week, pretty happy with them, I'll post them when I've accumulated a few more finds.post #19055 of 5144810/31/15 at 8:47amQuote:
Yes they were.
The grenadine one has a stain on the front that he never mentioned, but I think most people would never spot it.
Had that before with a Dunhill tie I got from him that had a stain. When I complained he just said "What do you expect for that price".
I think that's why he takes such bad photos, just to hide the flaws. Still, you can get a bargain sometimes.
The small print at the end of all his listings says.... "Please note all ties may require cleaning."
Edited by Odradek - 11/1/15 at 1:48ampost #19056 of 5144810/31/15 at 8:48amQuote:Originally Posted by freehand
I think it's partly a reflection of my interest in clothes - I like everything but love quality tailoring - and also the fact that it's still really hard to find Savile Row bespoke clothes in charity shops. In London at least, prices tend to be pretty high too, so I leave a TON of stuff behind.
If you could offer any recommendations for shops it would be greatly appreciated, would be shopping more for self than flip. In July I am flying over for my future sister-in-law's wedding near London, I'm thinking maybe Harlow? This will be about 2 months after my own wedding so we're making it a 2.5 week trip visiting London, Paris, Munich, and somewhere in Italy.Quote:
Love this. Going to mount in some way?post #19057 of 5144810/31/15 at 9:00amQuote:
Sure, I'll drop you a PM. Given prices can be a bit steep for flipping anyway, shopping for yourself is probably the best way to go.post #19058 of 5144810/31/15 at 9:15am
Woke up early for one of the last garage sale weekends of the year. Nothing outrageous but some fun finds.
Camp Trails - US Made - Medium
Been had that vintage wata shield
Old Dartmouth Sweater
If you're alumnus let me know, the man was a graduate and he had a ton of Dartmouth stuff (mugs, prints, bar stool, plate set (pics spoilered) Estate sale if you'd be interested in anything.
Echo scarf - Not really sure if its a thing but I love the print
Commonwealth of Kentucky Cufflinks
Square Bar Style Thule Canoe Mounts
Pendleton Blackwatch Blazer
x2 - Thule Big Mouth 599XTR Roof Bike Mounts
At least one is N/Apost #19059 of 5144810/31/15 at 9:38amSome Oxxford jackets from this decade, this century. They seem to be true sport coats and are from the same guy dated in 03, 07, and 08.
In 2003 he started off a little portly with a 47.5" chest. The sleeves are 22.5".
Then in 2007 he decided to get fancy with patch pockets on his blazers...nice light material..BUT WHY YOU NO VENT?!
The chest size is down to 44.5". Nice job losing the weight fellow!
Finally, another year down the line, he gets it right with both patch pockets and a single vent!
And he maintained his weight loss at a 44.5" chest. Unfortunately his arms still fit in a 23" sleeve.post #19060 of 5144810/31/15 at 9:47ampost #19061 of 5144810/31/15 at 10:04amSome other thrifted fodder which came along yesterday with the Oxxford jackets:
Ben Silver light blue dress shirt with contrasting white collar goodness...this will be worn!!
Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald light blue cotton pants 34 x 28 ..available
Zegna pants n/a
J. Crew snow flake sweater 100% lambswool with tag. Available. Small on the tag but has a
51" chest and 26" sleeve to shoulder.
And just to see if you are still paying attention...
Loro Piana 100% cashmere Roaster Pull half zip sweater. No true thrift but purchased second
hand online. Its in excellent condition. Size 56 with a 51" chest and 26" sleeve and is available.post #19062 of 5144810/31/15 at 10:35ampost #19063 of 5144810/31/15 at 10:48ampost #19064 of 5144810/31/15 at 11:01ampost #19065 of 5144810/31/15 at 11:08amQuote:
Texas is a big state...have you checked the distance on the map? You can stop at Twin Peaks in Waco on the way. Its about 3 hours between Dallas and Austin.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider "Dark" Play crewneck sweater size 6 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 13 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 16 minutes ago
- › Looking for high end thinnest 100% wool socks...? 23 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 23 minutes ago
- › The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...