It'll sell... (sorry for the insignificant flippy talk)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 10:39 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1269post #19021 of 5138110/30/15 at 10:27pmpost #19022 of 5138110/30/15 at 10:39pmDon't sweat it. I wasn't sorry for thinking that's brave.
See Wes does pretty good with it. Some of the prices you guys get out of this shitty silhouette is nothing short of amazing. I can't believe ppl still wear a 6x1 (and yes I know the kor dudes at bntailor still posts this on their tumblr)post #19023 of 5138110/30/15 at 11:12pmpost #19024 of 5138110/30/15 at 11:33pmpost #19025 of 5138110/31/15 at 12:23ampost #19026 of 5138110/31/15 at 1:05amQuote:
How could I in any way take this the wrong way haha, thank you, Means alot. Due to last days turbulence and negativity here I'll take the time to say how much I love this thread, not only because Ive learned so much from it but just due to the whole thing and the general humbleness of the members, the help one gets and the general level of friendship.This thread is the first thing I read in the morning, and a constant reason for me to skip breakfast due to being late to work eventho I have 1 hour every morning to get ready and I live 1 minute from my workplace!post #19027 of 5138110/31/15 at 1:32amQuote:
6x2 is perfect. when i say a 6x1 looks good with a few tweaks? i mean having it altered to be a 6x2. to bring the waist in. so that i can look like a super villain.
bring forth the swag. i believe in you.post #19028 of 5138110/31/15 at 2:15ampost #19029 of 5138110/31/15 at 3:12amMorning all! Yesterday, I was able to go by one of my sweeter spots and it did not disappoint with seven Oxxford jackets, a couple of Zegnas and a Luciano Barbera Sartoriale, which has that Attolini tag. The LB was not that striking and had some small moth holes in front.
The Oxfords were nice but an Oxxford without the pants is just taking up space in the closet. Turned up no pants, so kept three
which were from this century and two of which have patch pockets. One actually says "sport coat" on the tag I believe.
I know..pics or it didn't happen..have to wake up first!post #19030 of 5138110/31/15 at 3:14ampost #19031 of 5138110/31/15 at 3:25amThread Starterpost #19032 of 5138110/31/15 at 3:27ampost #19033 of 5138110/31/15 at 3:39amThread StarterQuote:
So, I wasn't trying to sell the flag to him but he wrote back and offered me $400 for it. I said thanks, but I hadn't intended to sell it - though out of curiosity, what would he sell it for in his shop? He told me that he would have to invest about $4,000 for preservation and mounting in a shadowbox for it but wouldn't give me a retail number. I can only assume that someone who would put $4400 into the cost of an item would try and sell it for at least $8,000, no?
*note this isn't flippy talk because its not being flipped - rather a valuation of finding a major antique.
Anyhow, ill try and get some other people to look at it to see what we can come up with but for now Ill note that (a restored and mounted version of) my Spanish-American war 13 star US flag banner should be somewhere in the $8,000 range. This was true thrift by the way, fruit hanging on the trees, right there with the other nylon flags. I paid $24 for a piece of American history. Bam.post #19034 of 5138110/31/15 at 3:53amQuote:
It was mock offense, no harm done! That banner story is quite amazing, I am surprised that restoration/ preservation can be so expensive. Would you sell for a higher price or are you keeping? Do keep us updated, I'm getting hooked on American Pickers despite not knowing half of the significant older brands/ manufacturers. I just love old stuff!post #19035 of 5138110/31/15 at 3:56amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by freehand
It was mock offense, no harm done! That banner story is quite amazing, I am surprised that restoration/ preservation can be so expensive. Would you sell for a higher price or are you keeping? Do keep us updated, I'm getting hooked on American Pickers despite not knowing half of the significant older brands/ manufacturers. I just love old stuff!
I love that show.
I don't think I am going to sell it, no. Its just one of those things that is all but an unrepeatable accomplishment and my wife and I really love it. The higher the value, thats wonderful and one day maybe can go towards my daughters college fund, but for now, its just awesome.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Best selvedge jeans 4 minutes ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 5 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 7 minutes ago
- › Sartoria Pino Peluso Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 12 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 21 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 31 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 37 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 50 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...