It is - 16/41.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:42 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1259post #18871 of 5789210/29/15 at 7:54pmThread Starterpost #18872 of 5789210/29/15 at 7:54pmpost #18873 of 5789210/29/15 at 7:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by snackbandit
This was posted 2 weeks ago, but I ran across this if any OC bros wanted to take a shot in the dark:
*I have no affiliation, etc etc.
Damn, if that was Denver I'd jump on it. And then jump on the bed...post #18874 of 5789210/29/15 at 8:00pmpost #18875 of 5789210/29/15 at 8:07pmQuote:
Marked medium but I gots a wild small Thierry Mugler shirt for you.post #18876 of 5789210/29/15 at 8:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by eazye Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You are 100% missing the point. I guess what I'm saying is that this use to be more of a gentleman's thread. Yea, people would post dollar amounts of what they paid for a certain item and maybe post what they also made off said item. But somewhere things got skewed, and all of a sudden it's "I KNOW MORW THAN YOU, CUZ MY DICK IS BIGGERZ CUZ IS FINDZ MORS KITONZ AND SHITZ AND NOBODY ELSE CAN HAZ ANY CUZ ITS ALL MINE!!!! FUCK ALL YALL WIT YOR BITCH AZZEZ, I MAKES MORE MONEZ THAN ALL YOU PUNCK TIRCKS. BOW DOWN TROGLIDITES!!!!
This thread has strayed and evolved, but it's not all about the $ now, it wasn't all about the clothes then.
Nothing new to post, because I have sworn off thrift shopping for a while, and been working on a pumpkin instead of my backlog:
Those are lemons for arms, that thing that looks vaguely like a pigeon is his tongue.post #18877 of 5789210/29/15 at 8:26pmQuote:
First time I've seen someone brag about what they donated to the thrift rather than what they bought at the thrift.post #18878 of 5789210/29/15 at 9:15pmpost #18879 of 5789210/29/15 at 9:27pm@SpooPoker the only thing I can say for sure right now is that I WANT it.
My gut feeling is early 1900s--WWI or II. Quick research shows it's most likely naval: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ensign_of_the_United_States as they used 13 star flags into the 1900s. From the pictures it looks mostly machine sewn--is there any hand stitching? If I were forced to guess from what I know right now, I'd say it hung in a naval office, was used in a ceremony, or was made as a gift (or in memory). No matter what, you have something seriously valuable there. The name that keeps popping up is Jeff Bridgman, an antique flag dealer in Pennsylvania. He buys flags, so maybe shoot him some detailed photos and see what he says. I'll keep researching because it seriously interests me.post #18880 of 5789210/29/15 at 9:33pmOh, and what does the fabric feel like?
This one is similar but reads older, I think:
https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/more-furniture-collectibles/historical-memorabilia/hand-sewn-13-star-flag-banner/id-f_2576812/post #18881 of 5789210/29/15 at 9:40pmpost #18882 of 5789210/29/15 at 9:45pmpost #18883 of 5789210/29/15 at 9:46pmpost #18884 of 5789210/29/15 at 9:47pmQuote:
Even better... My last stop today was like a "What does Fueco really want to find today in his size" romp. Patagonia Retro X, Patagonia R3, Ibex pullover, and a Mountain Hardwear Windstopper tech shirt. All that was missing was some Voormi goodness, but I'm working on that.post #18885 of 5789210/29/15 at 9:49pm
Is Sartorialism anyone here? Just bought this and obviously they want to cancel now, what do I do - I've never been in this situation:
If it's somebody here I'll do it no problem.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › What are you drinking right now? 39 seconds ago
- › Introduce yourself. 43 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Ermenegildo Zegna Size Maroon Plaid Trofeo Cashmere Blend Sport... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 8 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 10 minutes ago
- › My week in suits 11 minutes ago
- › Consolidated Drake's F/W ties and squares 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...