or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1256

post #18826 of 51447
Any Levi's guys know what I'm looking at here? Looks like the label got ripped off.




post #18827 of 51447
So yesterday I dipped my foot into the military coat pool. First one is a nice blue peacoat, lighter than most with metal buttons. Very heavy. This is N/A as I plan to give it to my daughter who loves stuff like this.


Now the second one is available and I bought it hoping someone here would want it. Happy to trade.







Some nice detailing on this and once I saw the tag listing 1942 I had to buy it. Very good condition but has some liner issues and is missing one button on the back belt. But has two extra top buttons so could use I would think. Thing is a tank, I weighed it at seven pounds.
I would love to hear more about it from someone here who knows and I really want it to go to someone who wants to keep it. Measurements on the tag but I can get better pics if needed. Guessing it is about a 38 or a 40.
post #18828 of 51447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Furniture bros... Chromcraft looks like a thing according to my Google skills. Thoughts?


 

 

Pass. Certain designs maybe—I think Milo Baughman did a chair for them at least—but not that one.

 

The white chair looks nice though!

post #18829 of 51447

Hickey Freeman Gibson quilted vest

 

Original Hickey retail price:

 

Price on Gilt:

 

Or you can buy them all day long at your local TJMaxx:

post #18830 of 51447

anyone recognize this tag? Jacket is tagged 'vestimenta', havent heard of that brand before

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

post #18831 of 51447

Ya, made by this company called Vestimenta :P

post #18832 of 51447
Thread Starter 
two days worth.

minty fresh polo cords



scottish thick ca$hmere



Kamakura N/A


Deadstock USNA robe




jackets



tweed and moschino


PS covert coat



vintage helmut lang italy silk blend



14 hand rolled white cottons



ties


floor



accessories


esprit x optyll austria, boss italy, bulgari, dollar each


1950s or 60s french


chèvre gloves, austrian coq logo hat


adidas formel, AE shell



now someone please tell me what i found. google gives me nothing. 13 star flag banner, silk. @330CK




tiger camo



PS silk blend, unstructured 44


JV x Converse looks awesome on me N/A



paul stuart full length



ties


womens beaners



this thing is incredible. calf length shearling, but smells like someone smoked 3 packs a day in a moldy basement with no ventilation for 3 years ffffuuuu.gif but couldn't leave it for a tenner



shearling for me, was going to sell but my wife said "oooh you look hot in that" when i tried it on, so N/A because sex



expensive-ish PRL but half off day and leather cashmere keywords



standard burberry but for 10 bucks...



jay kos english tweed knee length



because english



shirts, Mugler pop


silk wool reversible


serengeti


and, chinchilla!!

post #18833 of 51447
Spoo that indent in the bottom makes me think it is more of a banner or pennant and not a flag to be flown. Reminds me of something that would go in a federal building or line the streets for a parade. Something along those lines. That could also explain the odd star configuration. Unfortunately, it makes dating it difficult.
post #18834 of 51447
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post



now someone please tell me what i found. google gives me nothing. 13 star flag banner, silk. @330CK










 

 

 

 

US 13 Star Shaw ?  http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/us-shaw.html

post #18835 of 51447
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingsFishy View Post
 

Ya, made by this company called Vestimenta :P

orly

 

I thought perhaps another company made for them...

post #18836 of 51447
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmick View Post

orly

I thought perhaps another company made for them...

they make for Armani, Calvin Klein, etc.

kind of like a lesser desirable corneliani.
post #18837 of 51447

dayum spoo....

post #18838 of 51447
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post

Hickey Freeman Gibson quilted vest



Original Hickey retail price:



Price on Gilt:



Or you can buy them all day long at your local TJMaxx:

Dude can you proxy a small? I can't find them at any of the tjs around here
post #18839 of 51447
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


they make for Armani, Calvin Klein, etc.

kind of like a lesser desirable corneliani.

thanks!

post #18840 of 51447
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2ndhandman View Post

 it's about time. There close #5 stamp talon Zipp but no red lines. Maybe next time.

Congrats man! Still looking for mine.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelover View Post
 

My first ever thrifting trip. Here are some of the things I found. Others have already been dropped at the cleaners. Please tell me if I did well or basically bought a bunch of garbage. I am just learning, so all the helpful advice/criticism I can get is great.

Congrats and welcome.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post


Not any more.
 

Not ever.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

First post, discussing what was paid for the item, currently taboo.

Posts #76, 86, 98 all talking about selling on eBay.

 

 

 

All of this in the first 100 posts

Flipping greases the wheels, it is inextricably linked to the game.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofa View Post

So yesterday I dipped my foot into the military coat pool. First one is a nice blue peacoat, lighter than most with metal buttons. Very heavy. This is N/A as I plan to give it to my daughter who loves stuff like this.

Now the second one is available and I bought it hoping someone here would want it. Happy to trade.

Some nice detailing on this and once I saw the tag listing 1942 I had to buy it. Very good condition but has some liner issues and is missing one button on the back belt. But has two extra top buttons so could use I would think. Thing is a tank, I weighed it at seven pounds.
I would love to hear more about it from someone here who knows and I really want it to go to someone who wants to keep it. Measurements on the tag but I can get better pics if needed. Guessing it is about a 38 or a 40.

Peacoat is really different, flap pockets? I don't think that was ever part of a uniform.

That bridge coat, otoh is amazing!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)