or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1246

post #18676 of 51389
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post

Cripes, go a single day and you miss 200+ posts.  I wanted to comment on so many; left thumbs instead.

Only comment I'll leave is on Wes' story about the guy getting into his car: last time I had a rental car in Las Vegas, I filled up the gas tank after hitting some thrifts, went inside to buy a Coke or something, then came back out and was getting into the car when a lady in the passenger seat started yelling "What do you think you're doing?!  HALP police!  Car-jacking!!"  Turned out my white nondescript Oldsmobuick whatever it was rental was the same as her car and I was getting into the wrong car.  Scared the shit out of her, and she me.  

Ever since then, I put a giant dildo on the dashboard of a rental car - that way I know it's mine.

Also - thrifting in Vegas sucks.  Don't waste your time or money - you're better off making wagers on Fremont and seeing some sights instead.

^^^ I have thrifted only once in Vegas and thought the exact same thing. I feel like someone out there must have it on lock down. I always thought it was parisvegas.
post #18677 of 51389
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post
 

Cripes, go a single day and you miss 200+ posts.  I wanted to comment on so many; left thumbs instead.

 

Only comment I'll leave is on Wes' story about the guy getting into his car: last time I had a rental car in Las Vegas, I filled up the gas tank after hitting some thrifts, went inside to buy a Coke or something, then came back out and was getting into the car when a lady in the passenger seat started yelling "What do you think you're doing?!  HALP police!  Car-jacking!!"  Turned out my white nondescript Oldsmobuick whatever it was rental was the same as her car and I was getting into the wrong car.  Scared the shit out of her, and she me.  

 

Ever since then, I put a giant dildo on the dashboard of a rental car - that way I know it's mine.

 

Also - thrifting in Vegas sucks.  Don't waste your time or money - you're better off making wagers on Fremont and seeing some sights instead.

 

that doesn't work in Vegas...

post #18678 of 51389
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

I can't, for the life of me, figure out why you ran out of time.

actual stuff to post and actual money to be made, you know, the reason we do this. 

 

 

 

 

ALSO BREIFLY, IVE ALREADY MADE A CHANGE IN DECISION AS FAR AS THE TIE SALE GOES, ILL ANNOUNCE A DATE AND MOST WILL ALL BE NO MORE THAN 5 FREE SHIPING AND DEALS WITH THE HIGHER YOU GO, HOWEVER THE CHANGE TO CLARIFY, EVERY OFFER ON EVERY TIE WILL BE CONCIDERED, THERE IS NOTHING OFF LIMITS, NOTHING, ACT ACCORDINGLY.

post #18679 of 51389

@Jompso wrong thread

 

there is a BS&T thrift thread expressly for this type of thing

post #18680 of 51389
And please quit shouting, I have a bit of headache.
post #18681 of 51389
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post
 

Cripes, go a single day and you miss 200+ posts.  I wanted to comment on so many; left thumbs instead.

 

Only comment I'll leave is on Wes' story about the guy getting into his car: last time I had a rental car in Las Vegas, I filled up the gas tank after hitting some thrifts, went inside to buy a Coke or something, then came back out and was getting into the car when a lady in the passenger seat started yelling "What do you think you're doing?!  HALP police!  Car-jacking!!"  Turned out my white nondescript Oldsmobuick whatever it was rental was the same as her car and I was getting into the wrong car.  Scared the shit out of her, and she me.  

 

Ever since then, I put a giant dildo on the dashboard of a rental car - that way I know it's mine.

 

Also - thrifting in Vegas sucks.  Don't waste your time or money - you're better off making wagers on Fremont and seeing some sights instead.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmac7 View Post


^^^ I have thrifted only once in Vegas and thought the exact same thing. I feel like someone out there must have it on lock down. I always thought it was parisvegas.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post
 

 

that doesn't work in Vegas...

 

If you really wanna know the Vegas game i shall briefly inform you. One of my clients works in the dimaond industry which hass him in two other major cities and every elongated periods of time, due to the industires set locations when it comes to conventions as well as his companies operationss. Vegas and Miami, however its mostlly Vegas and he can be in vegas couped up for 2-3 weeks at a time, so all he does when hes not working is he thrifts....he does get some great pieces as im sure you can imagine do pop up there without a doubt, but keep in mind this is for 2 straight weeks, he winds up with a bunch of fucking good shit, highly in demand goods, stuff that sells and people want. But hes not poppin Kiton Cashmeres or Brioni suits left and right, because thats not the game there becaues the people that live there dont do that shit. First, theres this idea that the thrfiting woudl be aweosme so everyone that vists who thrifts does this, so you immediately have to accept that the most frequented city by travelers in country is have its racks hit hard daily, then you have to deal with the fact that the rich there, they arent in the business of just taking losses. In other words, they dont run chariteis, then run businessses that rob people of their 401ks and they fucking love doing it. Their closets, when items of theres are no longer being worn and just taking up space are then relocated to one of the various consignment firms that operate out of Vegas, are true menswear expertists, and maintain nationwhide cllientele base and presence. This isn't Linda is what Im saying, and they like this cuz they aren't taking total losses on their investments. That no matter what they will be seeing a return and that these businesses that are located in Vegas have extensive welathy clientele lists with all sizing information and all items wanted ready and waiting on record, so the turn over is almost immediate. So you will never succeed thrfiting that city, ever. But the dream will remain in every thrifter to one day hit the place and they will all thinkk that theyll be the ones with the ocme upand then they will all realize that theres nothing in that city for cheap that is worht spending money on, nothing. So do not bother.

post #18682 of 51389
M
post #18683 of 51389

Sometimes this thread is like...  

 

post #18684 of 51389
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post
 

@Jompso wrong thread

 

there is a BS&T thrift thread expressly for this type of thing

I thought i would inform the people here first as a favor if they wanted first pics of items instead of a bunch of strangers....but I wasn't even considering on doing that cuz Im not soliciting a sale here, I dont need to make any announcements at all for this shit, I could just do it and the rest would be history quite quickly, I, again was just trying to help out, with purely good intentions cuz im getting nothing out of othis at all, and lett you guys here know of what I will be doing. But fuck it, the act of putting you guys first and allowing you to knowthis so you can search througha nd find stuff to gra for nothing on the ollar when I announce wasn't something nice to let you guys know or by any means an act I would expect a single person to even recognize as me trying to be a nice guy to people here and help you guys out on some awesome shit and give back..a brief glance at the inventory will have things quickly in perspective. My good thrifts charge 5 bucks a tie, so right there im losing on every sale, then im losing on the shipping and ill be loosing even more with the offers of freebies with the more you take.... but fuck it, who cares. Thought I would just try and look out for some people here, again, someting I do for reasons I have no fucking answer to. 

post #18685 of 51389
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post

Cripes, go a single day and you miss 200+ posts.  I wanted to comment on so many; left thumbs instead.

Only comment I'll leave is on Wes' story about the guy getting into his car: last time I had a rental car in Las Vegas, I filled up the gas tank after hitting some thrifts, went inside to buy a Coke or something, then came back out and was getting into the car when a lady in the passenger seat started yelling "What do you think you're doing?!  HALP police!  Car-jacking!!"  Turned out my white nondescript Oldsmobuick whatever it was rental was the same as her car and I was getting into the wrong car.  Scared the shit out of her, and she me.  

Ever since then, I put a giant dildo on the dashboard of a rental car - that way I know it's mine.

Also - thrifting in Vegas sucks.  Don't waste your time or money - you're better off making wagers on Fremont and seeing some sights instead.
leaving a giant zegna on the dashboard, nice.
post #18686 of 51389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post

I thought i would inform the people here first as a favor if they wanted first pics of items instead of a bunch of strangers....but I wasn't even considering on doing that cuz Im not soliciting a sale here, I dont need to make any announcements at all for this shit, I could just do it and the rest would be history quite quickly, I, again was just trying to help out, with purely good intentions cuz im getting nothing out of othis at all, and lett you guys here know of what I will be doing. But fuck it, the act of putting you guys first and allowing you to knowthis so you can search througha nd find stuff to gra for nothing on the ollar when I announce wasn't something nice to let you guys know or by any means an act I would expect a single person to even recognize as me trying to be a nice guy to people here and help you guys out on some awesome shit and give back..a brief glance at the inventory will have things quickly in perspective. My good thrifts charge 5 bucks a tie, so right there im losing on every sale, then im losing on the shipping and ill be loosing even more with the offers of freebies with the more you take.... but fuck it, who cares. Thought I would just try and look out for some people here, again, someting I do for reasons I have no fucking answer to. 
We need to get you a ghost writer, these mini novels are going to crash a server or two haha
post #18687 of 51389
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaydice View Post

leaving a giant zegna on the dashboard, nice.

^brilliant

We need to have a comment of the week vote every Sunday.
post #18688 of 51389

nvm...


Edited by double00 - 10/29/15 at 6:17am
post #18689 of 51389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post





If you really wanna know the Vegas game i shall briefly inform you. One of my clients works in the dimaond industry which hass him in two other major cities and every elongated periods of time, due to the industires set locations when it comes to conventions as well as his companies operationss. Vegas and Miami, however its mostlly Vegas and he can be in vegas couped up for 2-3 weeks at a time, so all he does when hes not working is he thrifts....he does get some great pieces as im sure you can imagine do pop up there without a doubt, but keep in mind this is for 2 straight weeks, he winds up with a bunch of fucking good shit, highly in demand goods, stuff that sells and people want. But hes not poppin Kiton Cashmeres or Brioni suits left and right, because thats not the game there becaues the people that live there dont do that shit. First, theres this idea that the thrfiting woudl be aweosme so everyone that vists who thrifts does this, so you immediately have to accept that the most frequented city by travelers in country is have its racks hit hard daily, then you have to deal with the fact that the rich there, they arent in the business of just taking losses. In other words, they dont run chariteis, then run businessses that rob people of their 401ks and they fucking love doing it. Their closets, when items of theres are no longer being worn and just taking up space are then relocated to one of the various consignment firms that operate out of Vegas, are true menswear expertists, and maintain nationwhide cllientele base and presence. This isn't Linda is what Im saying, and they like this cuz they aren't taking total losses on their investments. That no matter what they will be seeing a return and that these businesses that are located in Vegas have extensive welathy clientele lists with all sizing information and all items wanted ready and waiting on record, so the turn over is almost immediate. So you will never succeed thrfiting that city, ever. But the dream will remain in every thrifter to one day hit the place and they will all thinkk that theyll be the ones with the ocme upand then they will all realize that theres nothing in that city for cheap that is worht spending money on, nothing. So do not bother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post





If you really wanna know the Vegas game i shall briefly inform you. One of my clients works in the dimaond industry which hass him in two other major cities and every elongated periods of time, due to the industires set locations when it comes to conventions as well as his companies operationss. Vegas and Miami, however its mostlly Vegas and he can be in vegas couped up for 2-3 weeks at a time, so all he does when hes not working is he thrifts....he does get some great pieces as im sure you can imagine do pop up there without a doubt, but keep in mind this is for 2 straight weeks, he winds up with a bunch of fucking good shit, highly in demand goods, stuff that sells and people want. But hes not poppin Kiton Cashmeres or Brioni suits left and right, because thats not the game there becaues the people that live there dont do that shit. First, theres this idea that the thrfiting woudl be aweosme so everyone that vists who thrifts does this, so you immediately have to accept that the most frequented city by travelers in country is have its racks hit hard daily, then you have to deal with the fact that the rich there, they arent in the business of just taking losses. In other words, they dont run chariteis, then run businessses that rob people of their 401ks and they fucking love doing it. Their closets, when items of theres are no longer being worn and just taking up space are then relocated to one of the various consignment firms that operate out of Vegas, are true menswear expertists, and maintain nationwhide cllientele base and presence. This isn't Linda is what Im saying, and they like this cuz they aren't taking total losses on their investments. That no matter what they will be seeing a return and that these businesses that are located in Vegas have extensive welathy clientele lists with all sizing information and all items wanted ready and waiting on record, so the turn over is almost immediate. So you will never succeed thrfiting that city, ever. But the dream will remain in every thrifter to one day hit the place and they will all thinkk that theyll be the ones with the ocme upand then they will all realize that theres nothing in that city for cheap that is worht spending money on, nothing. So do not bother.
I thought it was just me. I've lived in Vegas for 4 months and I'm disappointed with the results. I've forgotten what a Brioni looks like.
post #18690 of 51389
got this for free.
I think it is suspect....
can anyone confirm if real or Beshine tits?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)